[Suggestion]Dyeing Hair Accessory!?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

Hairpieces have to be one of the most frustrating part of adjusting my characters in GW2. There are many great hairstyles that use things like ribbons and pins to create something that looks really great, but the color options that you are given are just poor. It puts the player in a place where they have to use a basic dye just match the ribbon and that really kills any sort of cool look that you are trying to create. It also makes matching armor and weapons nearly impossible.

Normally I would just pass up the hairstyle but I have found some I really like and think this issue should be resolved in some way. I’m not sure it would be enough to just open up all the color in the accessory panel either. Whatever it would take to make this happen, I think it’s worth looking into. Maybe add a dye panel somewhere for hair accessories ^.^

Please make this happen!

Here is a pic of my latest frustration! (Yes I know not all of the pin will dye anyways but I would still like an actually gold =] )

Attachments:

Posted by: Shades.4572

Shades.4572

Something I have suggested before in a dead thread over in the suggestion archives was to just add more dyes options to the makeover kits.

After all there already is hair color, eye color, hair styles, and face options that are already kit exclusive, so it’s completely possible for them to add hair accessory dyes to kits. Plus it would boost their sales for hair style kits/total makeover kits win-win.

Posted by: Colt.9051

Colt.9051

I actually just made a thread about this a few hours before this saying the same thing! I don’t see why this can’t be done! (Altho I’d prefer not to have to use a hairstyle kit to change a hair accessory to be honest.)

Daeaera ~ Leader of Grape Justice! [FGJ]

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I’d say add all of the dyes I have unlocked on that character for the kits already! The only hairstyle I like on female-Norn is the one with bandana, deleted my character because there was no way in the world that thing could fit with the total-white style I wanted to give her, less of all those brownish-greyish horrors -.-

\||||||/
O°v°O

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I still think one should be able to get a new ribbon for one’s hair without spending gems on it.

Storm of the Ages.9076

Yeah, I guess it wouldn’t be too much of a problem if the selection was better. And the hairstyles we currently have are already limited. Maybe if people keep on bringing it up someone will listen. There has to be more people that this bothers -.-

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I’ve always been confused as to why you needed an entire Kit just to change the color of the hair accessories. LOL

Posted by: SingleDoubt.6047

SingleDoubt.6047

I really love so many of the hairstyles for the female characters across all races, but always pick one without because of the nonsense issue.

Posted by: Laurelinde.4395

Laurelinde.4395

I would love to see this get implemented, I don’t see why it couldn’t be a dye slot (perhaps on the town clothes bit) like anything else.

Laurelinde & Cookie/Beorna Bearheart
[TWG] – Gunnar’s Hold
Always remember Wheaton’s Law

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

possible answer to the gems thing that their marketing dept might like too: bring back infinite hair kits to black lion chests…no idea why these were ever removed, they sold for the cost of precourser weapons for the longest time but as long as they are account bound i would totally grind one out

EDIT: off topic, to make on topic i point out that to change a single, non-hair related thing like a slight skin shade, or fiddle a single slider on facial size you have to spend even more on a total makeover kit.. while I don’t like it, and the hair accessory should have gotten a few updated colors of it’s own for sure… I don’t see them letting us change it at will, cheaply or easily… after all, look at weapon dye channels >.>

(edited by Inimicus.7162)

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

Yeah, it’s a silly little detail on some hairstyles, but on some of them it’s really ridiculous that you can’t dye the accessory. I almost never show my helm on my character; if I pick a spiffy hairstyle, I want to see it. It’s frustrating that you can only change it with a hair kit, and then only to the starter palette.

If there’s a way to link hair accessories to the helm dye slot, rather than the hair, that needs to be changed.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Storm of the Ages.9076

I don’t think a fix is out of the question. The thing about weapon dye channels is that every weapon has a unique look to it. Letting us dye them might take away from that a little, especially with the weapons that are just recolored ones.

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Hairpieces have to be one of the most frustrating part of adjusting my characters in GW2. There are many great hairstyles that use things like ribbons and pins to create something that looks really great, but the color options that you are given are just poor. It puts the player in a place where they have to use a basic dye just match the ribbon and that really kills any sort of cool look that you are trying to create. It also makes matching armor and weapons nearly impossible.

Normally I would just pass up the hairstyle but I have found some I really like and think this issue should be resolved in some way. I’m not sure it would be enough to just open up all the color in the accessory panel either. Whatever it would take to make this happen, I think it’s worth looking into. Maybe add a dye panel somewhere for hair accessories ^.^

Please make this happen!

Here is a pic of my latest frustration! (Yes I know not all of the pin will dye anyways but I would still like an actually gold =] )

Yes, this! A thousand times this!