[Suggestion] Endless Tonics Collection Tab

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Death Snakes.8193

Death Snakes.8193

A lot of these tonics are available in similar methods as the in-game minis. They actually cost more laurels/guild commendations etc then other minis and the amount of available tonics is getting quite large if trying to collect them all. I currently have around 46 endless tonics and I’m still missing around 9. That’s 55 endless tonics that will be taking up a huge amount of bank space.

These could be added to our account in a similar fashion that the current mini’s are. As it is, there are several tonics that can be sold but when they are used for the first time, become account bound.

Tonics are one of the only collectables in-game that don’t have this account storage feature.

PS – Please let us obtain the endless ooze tonic

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

They could do it like the finishers and have the limited tonics in there as well

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Yes please. Bank space is not that big of a problem, until you start building a collection of unique, long term rewards and trophies. Infinite use tonics are space hogs, as well as unique story rewards like Marjory’s journal, the Sanctum model, and toys like the kite or balloon.

I like these flavor items as much, if not more than receiving a cool weapon skin as a drop precisely because they feel so unique, and separate from the “kill lots of things” that comprises most game play. They add character to our character’s possessions, but because that’s all they do, it’s a struggle to keep them eating up bank space where more “useful” items might go.

I would greatly appreciate an Endless Tonics collection. And if they do it like they’ve done the wardrobe/finishers/minis, we’d also be able to see the ones we don’t have yet, which would entice players to hunt them down.

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

I’m all for this suggestion. Just pop in another tab/section in the Hero Panel for tonics and you’ve got yourself a few happy players. I’d definitely welcome this (I’ve recently become addicted to collecting tonics).

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I’d like to see something like this. Or maybe just a “toy” inventory in general. The finisher comparison would probably be the best since there is the non-endless tonics as well that can take up quite a bit of space too.

I usually keep like one tonic or two at most on a character. But after Wintersday and making the account bound tonics I’m a bit baffled at what I should do with my collection except load it off on a mule which results in me never using them.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Good idea OP, very good.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Death Snakes.8193

Death Snakes.8193

Thanks guys, I agree that in the future we may need a toy tab for the various balloons etc that are being released but they haven’t quite amassed the insane amount of tonics currently in the game. I don’t mind keeping the unique story rewards in the bank as there’s only a handful of them.

I collect A LOT of stuff in the game, a majority of it has collection now, I think this is the only set of items I’ve been collecting from the beginning that still hasn’t gotten a collection tab yet.

Posted by: Bunnikk.2146

Bunnikk.2146

Every time I see this topic I am in support of it. I love my endless tonics but I rarely get to use more than my favorite two because I don’t have the inventory to store it on my main two characters.

[RAWR] Monsters of Tyria
Monster of choice – Kitsune
Megaserver formerly known as Blackgate

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

100% agreed.

I’d love it if just like with finishers they included limited use tonics as well, I’ve a bank tab nigh full of tonics of this that and the other garnered before the change to all mystery all the time. Not used in years because I’d have to have the foresight to pull out the needed one on the character that will need it before the whim hits me to be one monster or another.