Suggestion: Essences of Luck

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

So currently ingame we can use Essence of Luck to boost MF if you so wish to, after salvaging, I believe also there are a few recipes that require a small amount of EoL also to craft, but other than that there is no real use for them at all,

I was talking to some of my WvW friends the other day, who do not bother with Magic Find at all, because drops/loot in WvW is bad thus they have no interest in it, and I guess when you take the number of kills per hour in PvE vs WvW this probably is true,

So

Why can Essence of Luck not just be used to boost any stats, that we can select,

At the moment its defaulted to Magic Find, but why not give us the chance to boost,

XP gain
( I have left gold find out of this as people boosting this to 300% could cause issues and may cause more bots to appear )

The above could use the same numbers as Magic Find did and progress the same way, this would give more uses for Essence of Luck.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Gold drop boosting could cause issues, but those others couldn’t? O_o

Magic find boosts only help a minuscule chance become slightly less minuscule, karma would be like gold – a very sizeable increase to a stable currency reward. As for XP and WXP… do those really need to be easier?

It’s a nice thought, but I’d rather see them be used to make magic find potions or such, which could be used on top of current consumables (so combat stat buffs aren’t sacrificed). That’s just me though.