[Suggestion] Eternity

[Suggestion] Eternity

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MARKONINI.4153

MARKONINI.4153

Hello,

I know that this subject was raised before (a few times) but considering there were no real responses to the previous threads I found I decided to make a new one.

PLEASE give us an option to “lock” the color of our Eternity. It is impossible to match the color of our armor and our weapon if our weapon keeps changing colors.

This could be easily done by adding a simple line to the already existent menu you get when you right click your Eternity – “Select color”. This would open a small window with a drop down menu (you already have developed for stat changing). This menu would give 3 options – “Default”, “Twilight” and “Sunrise” (where “Twilight” and “Sunrise” lock the color of the blade, particle effect and foot tracks but still keep the shiny hilt and shiny effect we’d usually have on an Eternity).

And please… if you are just going to post “Why don’t you just use the Twilight/Sunrise skin then ?”

There are plenty of reasons…

The first one is of course the glowing hilt and the enhanced particle effect of the Eternity.

Second one is that Eternity is kind of the endgame for Guild Wars 2 (without the expansion) , we shouldn’t be depraved of using the skin we worked for so hard.

Third one is the necessity to use Transmutation Stones to change the look of Eternity to Twilight/Sunrise and vice-versa, you can’t honestly expect me to use a Transmutation Stone every time day comes to GW2 in order to keep my GS and my armor matching ? And then having to change it again when its night again, in order to get to see my Eternity’s special effect over my old Twilight skin. This is even more crazy when you take into account that instances have locked day/night system.

Everything the Developers need – the menus and the skins themselves already exist… All it takes is for them to implement it.

Tinypaws / Tiny The Charrdian / Marko The Guardian

Guardian has no alternative :)

[Suggestion] Eternity

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Or you could get 2 sets of armor one for day time one for night time solved

[Suggestion] Eternity

MARKONINI.4153

Or you could get 2 sets of armor one for day time one for night time solved

Zojja armor with DPS for PvE = ~600 Gold

Ahamid armor with – Condi Duration for WvW = ~600 gold

Spots always taken in inventory due to 2 extra armor sets = 12

How many unnecessary armor swaps will I have to make = Every few hours certainly and also every time I enter/leave an instance with

Is that it ? Nope: 12 Transmutation Stones, a set of dyes for from a hue i don’t even want (I want to LOCK into one color scheme, not change, that the whole point of this thread) … and ots of other complication

AND this is completely useless because the whole point of this thread is that I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE COLORS … what you suggested only makes things even worse -.-

[Suggestion] Eternity

Linken.6345

Third one is the necessity to use Transmutation Stones to change the look of Eternity to Twilight/Sunrise and vice-versa, you can’t honestly expect me to use a Transmutation Stone every time day comes to GW2 in order to keep my GS and my armor matching ? And then having to change it again when its night again, in order to get to see my Eternity’s special effect over my old Twilight skin. This is even more crazy when you take into account that instances have locked day/night system.

This part of your OP seem to me that you want to change colour depending on day and night if thats not the case go with the sword colour you want and be done with it.

they are 3 dif legendary skins if you want the colour of one of them take it with hilt and particle effects aswell.

[Suggestion] Eternity

MARKONINI.4153

This part of your OP seem to me that you want to change colour depending on day and night if thats not the case go with the sword colour you want and be done with it.

they are 3 dif legendary skins if you want the colour of one of them take it with hilt and particle effects aswell.

No no no … what I WANT is to always keep my Eternity dark.

Meaning in should always look as if it is night outside (irrelevant of the actual day/night rotation and irrelevant of the predetermined day/night is some maps and instances). ALWAYS dark.

[Suggestion] Eternity

Linken.6345

Then go with twilight thats the dark sword dont ask them to merge 2 skins together just becouse you worked your kitten of for a sword you dont want

[Suggestion] Eternity

MARKONINI.4153

Then go with twilight thats the dark sword dont ask them to merge 2 skins together just becouse you worked your kitten of for a sword you dont want

I’m not saying I’m not happy with my Legendary. I’m very pleased with the extra effects it has over the Twilight/Sunrise … I just think it would be a big improvement if we had the “color lock” option.

I bet at least half of Eternity owners would use only a certain color option instead of the color shifting option.