[Suggestion]Fill old maps with map dailies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dantert.1803

Dantert.1803

I was thinking about how difficult is to enjoy low level maps or those maps where nothing big happens(world bosses and such) and how hard is to integrate it meaningfully into the play session and feel truly rewarded…actually right now if you miss seeing a map you drop in spend some time and come out unrewarded compared to what you would get from a world boss event or from maps like hot where you get the big chest at the end but even in those maps sometimes you don’t find people going around because the meta has not started yet.
And that’s a pity when you see all those beautiful maps where you just go once maybe just for the world completion.

My idea would be to have map dailies, just 1 or 2 per map would be enough, and those dailies could be about basic, casual stuff, like finish 5 events or view all the vistas again. If you do that daily you get for each map a truly rare material, with some value that you can think about keeping or sell.
The problem would be people going to farm those and to prevent that maybe adding a cap about how many map you can do the daily in per day would solve part of the problem, and place some of those time gated materials that you can get once a day, like the Charged Quartz Crystals, so that you can get it double if you go to the obelisk and create one and to the map to get one.

To balance the maps it would be interesting if there were different materials less rare the more you can get from that map in other ways, so world bosses maps would get less rare materials than those without anything important.

If materials farming is too much of a issue then give achievement points instead!

I think that would help the more casual players, and give a meaning to the unused maps.

I know that there is already something like that like the map currency that you see when you hover over the map name but that is more connected to the rng it seems and most of the maps give stuff that is not really useful.

Also I know there are much more important things to do in the game but I’ll leave this here as an idea for the future.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Isn’t that what the Bonus Map Rewards feature and Daily Map Events does, more or less?

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

The new map rewards system already rewards for completing a few events, and it’s not even a daily, you can keep earning rewards (problem is with many of the low level maps the rewards simply aren’t worth going there for) and there is a daily achievement for vistas of a region already.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

So, you.miss a map, go hang out there, then complain that the time you spent was not rewarding? I’ve made 400g from.low.level maps this month alone from selling mats e.g. Wood, ore, cloth and leather. If that’s not rewarding I don’t know what is.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|