[Suggestion] Focus weapon skin - Flail

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

I’d like to see more medieval style skins and in particular, a flail.

We have something similar with the Gallant Focus Skin (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallant_Focus_Skin) but having more options is always best. I’m not a fan of any of the focus skins as they don’t necessarily suit my Guardians style. But having a flail most certainly would.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

i’ll agree that most focus skins are very uninspired, in that most look like they took a crescent shape, added a bar between tips, and then added some “flair”.

at least this one is unique. they could make a focus look like a sword, or a dagger, or pretty much anything they wanted, which some of them are, and those are kewl. they just need to do it more often

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

There is a ‘flail’ in game, just not really a medieval skin (in shape it is, but color/texture it is not)
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Super_Mace_Skin
Though if you weren’t here for second release of SAB, you’re gonna pay a lot for the skin (or wait a long time for SAB to come back )

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

i’ll agree that most focus skins are very uninspired, in that most look like they took a crescent shape, added a bar between tips, and then added some “flair”.

at least this one is unique. they could make a focus look like a sword, or a dagger, or pretty much anything they wanted, which some of them are, and those are kewl. they just need to do it more often

According to a book you can read in Orr, when the human gods introduced magic in tyria it was abused so they changed the rules and made it so you can only do magic with an object to focus trough it (some characters in the Seas of Sorrows novel talk about it as well, a mesmer and a necro are in jail and talking about magic and how it’s so bad they couldn’t do anything without a weapon).

So basically I guess every weapon used by a magic casting class is a focus, but the name “focus” is given to anything that can’t fit into any other category (staff, sword, mace and so on), which is why we have things like keys, lamps, skills and stuff like that as focus.

BTW, I’d also support some flail skins, but I’d make them mace skins instead of focus ones as you actually swing them… also, the gallant focus is supposed to be a censer, not a flail, but I guess it would still hurt if you hit someone in the head with it..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.