[Suggestion] Gear and stat acquisition

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

Hello.
First, i apologize my english is far to be perfect so i might do serveral grammatical mistake and so.. ( feel free to pm me correction )

Actualy, GW2 weapon switch / swap and stat – traits reset allow the player to play his character in many different way in a few click. nearly totaly change the class gameplay. Exactly like in GW1 and its an excelent thing.

But in gw2 the gear stats + runes + sigils play a very important role in the build.
And everyone know how it can be long / expensive to get a full stuff, no counting rune and sigils
( just 5 exotic jewels cost something like 15-20po, sure its not a fortune, but for a average player its already a pretty high cost )

• Multiply that with the different build – stats balance you want do for one character, and multiply all that with the differents class you are playing.
    You can also add a multiplier for the armor / weapons because somes expensive runes / sigils will requier a special set for them…
    Also, all stats cant be acquier the way you want, you cant have all stat with karma, nor crafting, nor with wvw, nor dungeon.. etc.. its clearly NOT handy

Only speaking about exotic, its already quite a important investment.

• whatever what you do to get your stuff : dungeon requier at least 15days for farming everydays, WvW requier a lot of time to get all wvw insigna, buying every piece cost quite a lot, farming mat need a lot of times.. etc

I would say for a player like me coming from GW1 where end game stat was accessible at very cheap price ( the long work was only requiered if you wanted a nice skins ), very easyly. Its very discouraging to see that intense farming needed to play your character like you want.
( sure, its faster if you are used to classic mmo where the stuff grinding is insane, but its GW, and not any gear grindfest mmo.. well.. logicaly )

Since for me the way GW1 managed the stuff was excelent, i have a suggestion to have back this system.
( i speak about armor, but this system should be applied for jewels and weapons )

• Separate armor skin and insignia
  • Make all merchant ( karma – dungeons – WvW ) have ALL existing stats ( insignia ) , ofc make ALL stats craftable. With a correct cost balance between all thoses way to get stuff, any player is going to be able to choose the way he prefer to get his stuff. Of course, all merchant will still sell the particular skins type ( like karma armor skin – dungeons skins.. etc )
  • Make insignia cheap ! ( e.g : let’s say one actual armor cost 3po, the skin will cost 2.5gold and the insignia 50 silver ) or for craft (e.g make ecto necessary for the armor skin, and not for the insignia anymore )
  • We should be able to save any insignia we want on one armor piece, via a menu we are going to be able to change stats like we want. Runes, and Sigils should be saved like that too. Ofc we would still need one insignia per armor piece / weapons / jewels
  • Why not, like GW1 sell for a very cheap price a lvl 80 exotic version of the starting armor – weapons skin to have a first “recipe” to collect insignia – runes – sigils ( ofc soul bounded ). Then like GW1 spend more work to get like actualy the well knowed exotic skins.

My goal with that suggestion ?

1. Make all stat very easy and cheap to get for any players !
  2. It will spare you from that insame gear farm if you prefer play your character in many different ways and often change that, like GW1 was allowing and do not like farm days and weeks for a stuff
  3. You will still need to “work hard” like actualy for all special armor – weapons skin you can find in GW2 ( dungeons skins – karma – WvW.. craft… etc
  4. Of course, if you buy a new skin and do not transmute it, you will need to start over all the insignia – runes – sigil collection.

I suppose like that everyone could be happy. ( the farmer liker and the farmer hater )

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

E Tan.7385

About Ascended gear

Jewels

• make us use laurel to buy an “empty” ascended jewels, and for a cheap laurel cost ( like 2 max ) sell the ascended stat and use my preview suggestion for the stat insignia saving

Or If Anet dont want change the actual system

• Make ascended jewel ONLY account bounded like that we could use somes jewels for differents characters.

Armor – Weapons

• If the insane craft-farm is not changed, in this case, the ascended gear crafted should allow you swap stats like a legendary weapon can do.

Or

• Make ascended insignia cheaper to craft ( a bit more expensive that the exotic ones ) and use my preview suggestion…

Also… for god sake ! stop asking us to charge ONE crystal per day to craft celestial gear… what the hell is that idea to turn this stuff annoying to craft !?

Thanks reading…

Mike Obrien

(edited by E Tan.7385)

E Tan.7385

no one is interested by a such thing ?

Or do my idea explanation is that bad ?

Mike Obrien

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I think I would be interested in this. It seems ridiculous that sentinels and celestials are locked behind crazy time/money gates. Anet would have to really take a long time to overhaul the gear rewards throughout the game. I think what you want is sort of what the WvW armor vendor offers in the borderlands. The more I think about that, the more I like it. Maybe have a vendor like that for PvE, and turn the dungeon armors into skins.

By the way, I heard from Woodenpotatoes that the new backpiece allows you to swap stats apparently like a legendary, it just costs about 10g each time. I think something like that for all ascended gear could be a good compromise.

E Tan.7385

I’am answering to my own thread to make it visible once again.

Because i think its a “shame” they are able to spend so much time to a wardrobe system that will bring them money money money.
And when it come to work on something handy for the stat swap, to match the “new” restat system and REALLY allow to manage and change build.. they just spend 10sec to change one parameter to a stuff….

lame..

Mike Obrien