Suggestion: "Gem Store Skin Items to Charges"

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gabrall.8059

Gabrall.8059

Greetings everyone,

Now to open up a discussion regarding the Skin Item Pieces bought in the Gem Store, it has come to my attention, and possibly others as well, that when a player buys a set of appearance skin items from the Gem Store they can “use” this item to have a “Free-Charge” on to skinning it to the chosen piece of item in-game. However, this is not always the case as many of us, myself included, would buy a whole pack of skin sets from the Gem Store simply for two or three pieces of the set, what happens to the rest of it I wonder?

You have a few choices, you can either leave it in your Inventory, Bank or another Character, but it’ll take space, and the latter will conclude in many skins also having the same issue, or you can simply destroy it, but you won’t have that “Free-Charge” for that particular piece of skin, so you’d lose it.

How’bout if you could get a free Transmutation Charge for each skin you bought from the Gem Store and destroyed because you didn’t want to use it at that time or had no use for it at all, that would ensure you get a charge from it at least and, if so wished to skin it in the future, and still have the charge, you can do so. This would help in both Inventory Space and give the item some usefulness in the future to those many players who usually buy sets for two or three pieces. This shouldn’t become an issue with the current Transmutation Charges being sold in the Gem Store, because they’re sold in greater quantities and cheaper than that of a full Skin Set, but it’d be a nice bonus to have if we decided not to use the skin, a charge for future use.

Once the skin item is destroyed, it should permanently vanish from your Inventory, Bank or anywhere you stashed it and will become a Transmutation Charge within your Account. There’s no way to exploit this because once it’s destroyed, it becomes a charge and you cannot get another Item Skin unless you’d bought it from the Gem Store, and you wouldn’t need too as you’d have it unlock in your Wardrobe, you’d just need the Transmutation Charge to use it again.

Hopefully, if Anet ever implements this, they’d have to make sure not to make the Hall of Monument Skin Items, Achievement Points Skin Items and other repeatable Skin Items obtained In-Game to NOT have this function, as it can lead to an exploit, best just be Gem Store bought skins.

What do you all think? I feel my Bank and my many characters would feel lighter and relieved.

Posted by: MegumiAzusa.2918

MegumiAzusa.2918

HoM and achievement skins don’t cost a charge anyway, so they could just prevent you from getting any of the skin items.

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Your post is a bit more tl;dr than it needs to be but I like the idea.

Seems you’re basically just asking for a “Convert skin to transmutation charge” feature. They would just have to only add this feature to gem store skins and it wouldn’t cause issues with other skin items.

I too have bought a few gem store skins for only a few of the pieces and now have a bunch of skins sitting around unused on my storage character.

I also have a couple sets I’ve bought for later use by characters that I haven’t leveled to 80 yet so they’re just sitting around using up space.

(edited by Mo Mo.1947)