Suggestion; Gift of Exploration in PvP/WvW

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Glaciate.3901

Glaciate.3901

I know it’s against the idea of “exploration” to implement something like this, but i know me and a few others would appreciate if there was an alternative way to obtaining this gift. I did world completion a little bit over 2 years ago when you were required to do wvw maps as part of world completion and i wouldn’t do it again since i feel like it will burn me out this game.

I’m a mainly spvp/wvw player and it would be great if you made a reward track that required you 4 parts spreaded out in 4 different reward tracks that when you put them together it makes the gift of exploration.

Another idea for wvw is to make a permanent achievement that rewards gift of exploration if you complete wvw map completion (if you bring it back!) within the match up week, that way you will see a lot of active players running around against each other on a daily basis trying to obtain the achievement.

More suggestions/opinions/imput appreciated!

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Do WvW and PvP as well and just completed my 2nd map completion after 3 years. That said not sure how this would need to be structured. Potentially add in a way to trade badges and proofs for Hearts like they did HPs and then add a reward track per map. The track would require a compatible amount of time investment though or it wouldn’t make sense.

Only reason I can see this at all is that Legendary weapons should require things from all game modes, but they already removed that. In an ideal world map completion would still require WvW maps and PvP tokens as well as the PvE requirements. But since it doesn’t this would make sense for WvW and PvP players as long as the time requirements were in line.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

No. Some WvW players have been gloating since the GoB vendor was removed because “getting a legendary should require you to play all game modes, not just the one you prefer”. This is in direct opposition to that idea. Why should PvE players be forced to play WvW to get their GoB and yet somehow it would be ok to not force PvP and WvW players to play PvE to get their gift of exploration? Hell no.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

No. Some WvW players have been gloating since the GoB vendor was removed because “getting a legendary should require you to play all game modes, not just the one you prefer”. This is in direct opposition to that idea. Why should PvE players be forced to play WvW to get their GoB and yet somehow it would be ok to not force PvP and WvW players to play PvE to get their gift of exploration? Hell no.

^this, you want it, work for it, and get it the way it is supposed to be gotten.

Way not just put everything in a reward track so we can play what ever we want and get what ever we want how we want. Then watch people complain that maps are empty, or no one is playing X game mode anymore because of reward tracks. The entire reason for it to need 100% world completion is that it keeps people in every map.

Take it away and we’ll have the same problem we had before mega servers, people only playing on maps that are the most rewarding, and being on empty maps devoid of players, before the mega servers I could spend hours doing a maps and not see anyone, out side of places that had a story step starting point. I remember mapping all of FG and DHC and not seeing anyone at all,

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Gift of Mastery requires both Gift of Battle and Gift of Exploration. Add other Gifts that could be used instead of Gift of Battle or Gift of Exploration.

An sPvP Gift comes to mind, but others may be possible (buy an item, kill every world boss 5-10 times, or something. That might also help the TT population).

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

That might also help the TT population).

Hardly. The only way to fix that is to have the event start giving out loot commensurate to what effort is required to actually complete the event. I mean, look how easy teq is, and the gobs of loot you get out of that.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I’d say: yes. But let PvE players get the GoB in PvE as well then. For the rest, I completely agree.

Hesacon.8735

Hardly. The only way to fix that is to have the event start giving out loot commensurate to what effort is required to actually complete the event. I mean, look how easy teq is, and the gobs of loot you get out of that.

The effort to complete it is very low. The problem is the setup time is too obnoxious for most people to bother. Most maps I’ve seen take an hour to set up for a 20 minute meta. There’s only so much wood you can farm while waiting for the meta to actually start.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

The effort to complete it is very low. The problem is the setup time is too obnoxious for most people to bother. Most maps I’ve seen take an hour to set up for a 20 minute meta. There’s only so much wood you can farm while waiting for the meta to actually start.

It’s hardly low effort. If you think it’s really low effort, go lead a full map on a successful kill without explaining much.

Hesacon.8735

It’s hardly low effort. If you think it’s really low effort, go lead a full map on a successful kill without explaining much.

The mechanic is almost the same as AB and people have little trouble completing that. It’s not that it’s hard, it’s that not everyone knows how it works so they avoid it. The hour setup is a big reason for it, it’s a vicious cycle.

People don’t do it because it takes so long
It takes so long because people don’t know how to do it
People don’t know how to do it because people don’t do it

If people knew how to do it, organization would take 5-10 minutes like in AB and it would be completed most of the time.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Meh … if it is just for loot you are better off just chain running the itzel hunting events in VB. Sometimes you can even do two of those events at the same time. That is a lot more reward for the effort than teq or TT. The only down side is requiring HoT.