Suggestion: Give us something to do

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

We all know, that you are working as fast as you can on HoT, but until that point when its ready to get released, months over months will pass.
So please:

1) Bring back Super Adventure Box World 1 and 2 including Hard Mode, so that people which had yet no chance to do them can do it now and those which weren’t successful last time with Hard Mode get again a new chance to get the Achievements. now. The content already exists, so its no work for Anet to reactivate already existign content!!

2) Bring back the Crown Pavillion, also already existing Content, Lions Arch needs more funds to be rebuild xD ^^ Lets guys of DR responsible for that fund have miscalculated it >.>

3) Improve already existing Achievements, like the Weapon Master and Slayer Achievements. 1000 Kills of a creature isn’t much, also 1000 kilsl with certain weapons inst much. The PvP achievements show, that you can unlock new achievements after maxing a previous achievement. Do this with these achievements also too.

Kill 1000 Bandits to finish the Bandit Slayer Achievement, which unlocks then the new Bandit Annihilator Achievement that requires you now to kill for example 2500 Bandits.
That way you could easily give everyone again something to do.
Do the same for Weapon Kills.

And I’m sure there are also other existing achievements that could be simply improved that way, like Combat Healer also – made some longer tiem ago a suggestion aroudn that with some pretty cool new title ideas for people that revive alot other players/npcs so that theres is some kind of progression behind that too like becoming a Livesaver, then Blood Saint and so on …

4) Make again a WvW Tournament
alot of people want to earn more constantly the stuff thats required to unlock their Heroic Mist Weapons..also please add as new rewarc also a fitting heroic mist/heroic armor set!! Whats such a weapon without a fittign armor set to it …???

5) Start the Rebuilding of Lions Art as a huge Meta Event that takes a longer time.
remember the living story about the nightmare tower, which also was a big meta event, which progressed over time?
Somethign like that do we need again with the rebuildign of lions arch, where we can actually also see over time the progress really, how Lion arch gets rebuild day per day so more we progress on it beign rebuild.
The game woudl have for that time also a huge money and material sink what would be good for the game economy and players could get rewarded somehow so more they partake on the rebuilding progress with money and materials spent for the progress by themself until that progress timer is over and the town is beign rebuild completely and looking nicer, greater and more awesome then than ever before

Adding here n there some new jumping puzzles and explorable treasure places in the existign world together with new jp and exploration achievements would be also an awesome way to keep us for some time entertained

6) adding more region achievements to the already existing maps would be also very great to keep us bsy and entertained for the next months to come.

7) add new dungeon rewards liek new dungeon weapon skins and armor skins for ascended weapons/armors that woudl cost significantly more tokens to make also playing with alts again more alt friendly and to broaden a bit more the ways of how you can obtain ascended stuff, other then only through pure luck, laurels or time gated crafting whats the most biggest grind that destroyed the alt friendliness of this game in the whole place first and foremostly.

What do you think of this guys?
I’m surely not the only one here, who thinks that anet should do something about this situation so that we have again something to do, while we wait on HoT other than playing only for dailies and grinding gold and other currencies/materials ect. by permanently repeating somenearly 3 year old game content.

So, everyone whos for it here that Anet should bring back soon some older content to keep us busy and improve older content, please comment here and show your sympathy for that by writing at the end of your post a

/Signed

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Most of your ideas, although perhaps entertaining, sound as though they would take some development time/resources. Do players want to trade the time to develop and implement these ideas at the cost of releasing Heart of Thorns in a more timely manner?

I’m not sure I would, I’d rather HoT released sooner than later; others might disagree, and rather have it postponed.

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I would be happy if they brought SAB back and I would be absolutely overjoyed if they brought back the pavilion with the gauntlet and new achievements to farm there. However, I do see it as fairly unlikely that they will do this as HoT is the most important thing right now for the game and although it will probably be at least half a year or more until it releases (hoping to be pleasantly surprised) it should be worth it because there will most likely be massive amounts of content released there.
I do understand why people are wanting things to do though as my days in gw2 for months have just been dailies and then the same dungeons for hours on end. Something new would really make me look forward to logging on and playing, even if it is just a repeat of old content that I liked.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I think people underestimate the amount of work needed for these things.

Yes they could turn something old back on. But that would still require spending quite a bit of time to make sure that none of the updates made to the engine or the game since they were last here have broken them. And if there are issues that have turned up, they will have to start rewriting code and such, which will take resources that is better spent elsewhere.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Orpheal.8263

Most of your ideas, although perhaps entertaining, sound as though they would take some development time/resources. Do players want to trade the time to develop and implement these ideas at the cost of releasing Heart of Thorns in a more timely manner?

I’m not sure I would, I’d rather HoT released sooner than later; others might disagree, and rather have it postponed.

Bringing content back, that already exists, like Sab requires absolutely no ressources or any development time at all …

Or do you need to rebuild a car, that you already have build, but just parked somewhere >.> No, or?? See?

The only ressource that it takes for you in this case it the time, that you need to spent to go to where you parked the car.
Spoken with GW2 terms, this means, the only ressource that it takes here is the time, that Anet needs to reactivate the already existing content.
they need to make only a patch ,that reactivates the already existign content, so that we get access to it again and thats nothign that requires such huge development time or any other ressources, that it would slow down the progess on HoT at all…

Makign a new WvW Tournament requires also no developer time, there is nothign that needs to be deloped, its just n event that needs to be started, that rewards automatically players at the end of it with WvW tokens for the mist skins ….

The only suggestion that would require here a bit of development ressources would be to imprve the already existing achievements.. for that would have to be coded and programmed the achievements, but I think this shouldnt take so much time that it woudl postpone Hot significantly.. maybe maximum a few days to weeks, but thats naturally also based on the amount of added and improved new achievements.

I know, HoT will by itself add tons of new achievements, but why wait xx months until HoT comes, it it would be better, if Anet woudl do somethign for that also on the way while we wait for Hot on the already existing stuff, that most active players have already maxed out sicne years, cause of alot of the achievements were too easily maxable and could need to have some more tiers by now that get unlocked if you maxed out the previous tier, just like the pvp rank achievements which is also an already existign mechanic, that needs to be reused only and not be developed first…

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

lordkrall.7241

Or do you need to rebuild a car, that you already have build, but just parked somewhere >.> No, or?? See?

It would be more correct to say that the roads that the car were travelling on have been completely remade, and it is possible that the wheels of said car might not work well enough on the new roads, therefore that must be investigated and potentially replaced before it can be used again.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Cars or not we have nothing to do and expansion is not coming any time soon. So yeah. We need something.

Orpheal.8263

Which new roads? :P The content of SAB hasn’t be changed, it has#t be replaced and put to an other location or anything else like that.

Also the tokens for Mist weapons in wvwv and the location of said responsible npc for that havent changed. What hinders also Anet to just make a new WvW Tournament??

You speak there of some kind of engine changes ect. when there were absolutely no significant game changes regarding anythign game performance wise, that would have to be reinvestigated first if NAet would try to bring some older content back.

Rata Sutm is technically stil at the same place, we use still technicalyl the same game engine that has been used when Anet introduced SAB.
So please explain me, what should be so hard for Anet now just to brign us back Moto, that gives us access to the content, that already exists and doesn’t need to be developed first.

All what we need is just the KEY, that opens for us again the door to the already existing content and that key is nothing else, than an activating patch, that reactivates the old content, so that once we login after that patch into the game again, we will find the old content being accessible again.

lordkrall.7241

No, the content of SAB hasn’t changed. But there HAVE been multiple changes to the engine since it was last available.

That is just the nature of development. Doing something here, might completely wreck something completely unrelated over here and so on.
Therefore they would need to make sure all of it still works as intended which would take quite a bit of time, and if something does not work as intended it would require a resources to fix it. Resources that is much better spent on the expansion.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Orpheal.8263

@ lord

they had absoliutely more than enough TIME for that, please rethink for just one moment, how long it is already ago, since SAB was the last time there accessible.
The last time was on SEPTEMBER 2013.
We have now soon MAY 2015

So in a quarter year it will be 2 years since the last time we had SAB. Thats way than enough time to check if some system still work if they bring back SAB.
Last year was already a large break of the Living Story, in which they could have checked that and brought in as a break filler SAB, but they did not, insteadf it was nothing but just Gemstore Stuff and the Luna New Year Festival where already many hope for SAB rather to return instead, just to get disappointed, to have to wait xx monthy longer again until now.

So pleas,e time is no excuse here anymore, ANet had already more than enough time to check everything what is needed to check to brign back SAB.
What should there be still to check, what most likely hasn’t been checked until today already???

lordkrall.7241

And yet since that Living Story break there have been changes to the engine as well.
Not to mention all the changes behind the scene in preparation for HoT. Time is one factor, but resources is another. You can have all the time in the world, but if you don’t have the resources to spare that is rather irrelevant.
It is rather unlikely that they have 10 people sitting around doing nothing after all.

It is easy to shout about how easy it would be to fix, but without having actually worked on the project itself (or development at large) it is rather silly to do so. Seeing as we have no idea whatsoever how much work would be required.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

That list is great and all that but….

How about they follow the original suggestions list and give us the things people actually asked for originally when the game launched.

Fishing complete with props outfits minis tools cooking recipes etc

Housing complete with props we earn from doing achievements in game (so we can show where we’ve been) extra storage full on radial interior decoration controls furniture armor displays etc.

Boating complete with different designs to sail the seas props flags and battle capabilities. (there are pirates already where do they think they spend their time, ship wrecks only? sppssssh)

Cosmetics craftable cosmetics that we can mix and match that doesn’t take up armor slots and that can be warn anywhere when outside of combat.

All of these with Achievements of their own.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

I don’t think the gimme content now people will ever understand the demand it actually puts on an entire dev team to do it. Even if its per-existing. That being said, I was logging in for dungeons and what not and running 13 - 15 paths a day, but now that I got dungeoneer, I really am finally outta content. I have farmed mostly all the non-millennium long ap farms, mapped on 10+ toons, crafted 4+ sets of ascended nearly maxed wvw ranks for purposes or wvw traits, fotm lev 50, and done just about everything in the game there is to do. Now the sad part is there is a lot of people out there in the same boat who play for maybe 10 minutes a day to get their 10 ap and then go else where.

I am personally happy to get an expansion (not for my necro any more), but still happy about most of the other classes. The thing is, I have lost interest in this game because there is nothing to do, and no one to do nothing with any more, cause all my guildies and people I used to run with, moved on to different games. At this rate there wont be a gw2 community if they continue to put 100% into HoT and don’t give us some thing to do soon.

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

I don’t think the gimme content now people will ever understand the demand it actually puts on an entire dev team to do it.

There are some gimme now people who say “hey guys give us something to do”

Then there are the gimme now people who say “hey guys you knew there would be a lack of content from basically december until HoT release so hopefully you had the foresight to give us something to do that people have asked about relentlessly for the last 2 years”

Posted by: moony.5780

moony.5780

…many player already played every content available…..and i feel the game is dying…there is nothing to do which is nice or rewarding other than doing the same thing again the 100000th time….many people i played the game with r leaving or left…and the rest comes online for 15 min to get the daily

EVEN NEW PLAYER R ALREADY SCARED AWAY BY THE LACK OF CONTENT^^ sry but that need be in caps

(edited by moony.5780)

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

I am with on that. I think HoT 100% coverage at the cost of current players is a horrible lack in foresight, and I am in desperate need for content. I was more so trying to make the point, it will definitely tie up several people to bring back events, and it is not just a switch they flip to say, "There is SAB." And since their vague, it will be back but we don’t know when means, no matter how long you ask for it, until they can spare the team to implement it again, its not going to happen till some time after HoT.

lordkrall.7241

I remember back when we had the Living Story and people demanded that they released expansions instead.
Those of us that prefer the Living Story model warned about this happening. It is simply not feasible for a company of ArenaNets size to release stuff while also finishing up an expansion, if they want the expansion out in a timely manner.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

lordkrall.7241

.EVEN NEW PLAYER R ALREADY SCARED AWAY BY THE LACK OF CONTENT^^ sry but that need be in caps

Yeah…. except for the fact that new players have the whole game to go through before there is nothing new to do.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

moony.5780

I really hope that HoT will reward player who played everything in the game…bcs it will feel like a slap in the face if i already unlocked all and just come online again 15min a day after i played enough in the new maguma jungle…

moony.5780

lordkrall.7241

moony.5780:

.EVEN NEW PLAYER R ALREADY SCARED AWAY BY THE LACK OF CONTENT^^ sry but that need be in caps

Yeah…. except for the fact that new players have the whole game to go through before there is nothing new to do.

Problem is…..that how the game is now..it takes much less time to play all of the game untill u feel bored of it

When i first played the game…i got interrupted by these small updates that i made them instead of rushing the excisting content….and after 1 week when i finished the update…i was able to go on again

2 years i was playing only 1 profession and having fun..now i got all 8 and its sooo boring

(edited by moony.5780)

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

…many player already played every content available…..and i feel the game is dying…there is nothing to do which is nice or rewarding other than doing the same thing again the 100000th time….many people i played the game with r leaving or left…and the rest comes online for 15 min to get the daily

EVEN NEW PLAYER R ALREADY SCARED AWAY BY THE LACK OF CONTENT^^ sry but that need be in caps

Ive seen quite a few old players returning and new players to, but it is normal to players take a break at this time and understandable while trait/class changes arent deployed.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

So, 2 out of 7 suggestions might need little Dev time/resources. Then, 5 out of 7 suggestions would need quite a bit of time and resources.

Thus, my statement…‘Most of your ideas would need Dev time/resources that are now used to develop HoT’. I understand you would like something ‘to do’. I’m sure most players would. It is just that most of the things you requested would delay the release of the expansion that, it seemed, most posters were in favor of, if not demanded.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Yeah, it would be nice if it was possible for them to bring back things like Scarlet invasions, and such, during down periods.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

moony.5780

My Main suggestion is…..make old maps playable in a nice way…after making it too easy it got boring for old player….bringing old events i think dont fit…but to downscale player more if they want to..but they get better reward when they r killing something alone or with someone else who is downscaled

(edited by moony.5780)

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

well, i have barely hit the 4K AP so….see how much i have to do, plenty.
not enough content is one thing, rushing through everything and complain about the lack of is another.

Posted by: Titanimite.2534

Titanimite.2534

Personally I’m not very excited about HoT as it is. I’d rather them put their development resources towards new dungeons, fixing old dungeons, adding features to dungeons, fractals, elite zones (from gw1), challenging group content, raids and these kinds of things. For the last two years, they have been focusing on mindless zerg farming and boring/silly story lines, events, and living world content.

Tl;Dr: I don’t care when HoT comes out, give us fun content, fix old content, or add something fun and challenging into HoT for us to do.

Posted by: SpyderBite.6274

SpyderBite.6274

Cars or not we have nothing to do and expansion is not coming any time soon. So yeah. We need something.

I think you’re overestimating the “we”. I don’t think as many people as you think have actually completed 100% of the content. Maybe a handful.

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I remember back when we had the Living Story and people demanded that they released expansions instead.
Those of us that prefer the Living Story model warned about this happening. It is simply not feasible for a company of ArenaNets size to release stuff while also finishing up an expansion, if they want the expansion out in a timely manner.

What he said.

Also there is still plently of stuff to do in game. Have you gotten the treasure hunter achievment? What about the fashion collector achievment? Yakslapper?
What about PvP and WvW? Those change frequently and always offer something new and different.

Honestly if you are getting bored, it’s ok to take a break. You won’t lose any progress, and when you start back up, you’ll be in the exact same place you left off. It’s not Anets responsibility to keep you entertained all the time. They provide the means to do so, but its up to you to take advantage of it. And if you find you are no longer entertained, then it might be time to find something else.

Good luck!

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Weyrd.2794

Weyrd.2794

I think you’re overestimating the “we”. I don’t think as many people as you think have actually completed 100% of the content. Maybe a handful.

I doubt anyone has. I DO believe that some people have completed everything they CARE to in the game, but that is a personal preference on their part and does not necessarily demand attention from anet (especially over efforts to finish expansion.)

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

I like the idea of bringing back old content to fill the gap, but not at the expense of other projects in the works. Should they have anticipated this and planned for some filler? Yes. Is it really a deal-breaker if they don’t? Maybe not really. I do know this: I’m not liking the way that a world that was supposed to be “living” is feeling so stagnant for so long. I’m going nuts with the constant LA repeating chatter:

“Parts of the city are still unsafe, but once we fix…”
“I’m tired of excuses, Magnus. If you can’t get Lion’s Arch back on its feet, you’re going to wake up and find this a ghost town.”
“Who was that?”
“The same woman who’s been walking up to me every five minutes for the last couple months! Don’t tell me you hadn’t noticed!”

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I remember back when we had the Living Story and people demanded that they released expansions instead. Those of us that prefer the Living Story model warned about this happening. It is simply not feasible for a company of ArenaNets size to release stuff while also finishing up an expansion, if they want the expansion out in a timely manner.

I recall when LS was a thing that there were ANet statements to the effect that the LS teams were only a portion of their development resources, and that significant resources were allocated to longer-term projects. In fact, the forum defense force used this point many times to counter the complaints about LS being “…all there was to look forward to.” It’s ironic that now that the shoe is on the other foot, this has been forgotten.

Posted by: Khalisto.5780

Khalisto.5780

Theres a lot of things to do, none makes you feel rewarded for doing them.

Love roaming builds and non meta silly builds.
Don’t worry boys, Blade and Soul is coming.

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

1) Bring back Super Adventure Box World 1 and 2 including Hard Mode, so that people which had yet no chance to do them can do it now and those which weren’t successful last time with Hard Mode get again a new chance to get the Achievements. now. The content already exists, so its no work for Anet to reactivate already existing content!!

Agreed. Also, have all the SAB related rewards available this time, instead of leaving the rewards from past iterations out.

2) Bring back the Crown Pavillion, also already existing Content, Lions Arch needs more funds to be rebuild xD ^^ Lets guys of DR responsible for that fund have miscalculated it >.>

Only if it’s the first version from when they originally made it. The second variant was made so less fun/rewarding. And this time bring all the rewards back. I’d actually have wanted some of those rune/sigil recipes for some of my newer characters, and players who started after this event deserve a chance at those as well.

3) Improve already existing Achievements, like the Weapon Master and Slayer Achievements. 1000 Kills of a creature isn’t much, also 1000 kills with certain weapons inst much. The PvP achievements show, that you can unlock new achievements after maxing a previous achievement. Do this with these achievements also too.

Kill 1000 Bandits to finish the Bandit Slayer Achievement, which unlocks then the new Bandit Annihilator Achievement that requires you now to kill for example 2500 Bandits.
That way you could easily give everyone again something to do.
Do the same for Weapon Kills.

Hmm…not something I’d feel like doing.

4) Make again a WvW Tournament
alot of people want to earn more constantly the stuff thats required to unlock their Heroic Mist Weapons..also please add as new reward also a fitting heroic mist/heroic armor set!! Whats such a weapon without a fitting armor set to it …???

No. I’d rather they make another way of acquiring these claim tickets that doesn’t revolve around those dull tournaments. A Hero/Mistforged armor set is a nice idea however.

5) Start the Rebuilding of Lions Arch as a huge Meta Event that takes a longer time.
Remember the living story about the nightmare tower, which also was a big meta event, which progressed over time?
Something like that do we need again with the rebuilding of lions arch, where we can actually also see over time the progress really, how Lion’s Arch gets rebuilt day per day so more we progress on it being rebuilt.

A good idea, though I’m not sure how it could be done well.

Adding here and there some new jumping puzzles and explorable treasure places in the existing world together with new JP and exploration achievements would be also an awesome way to keep us for some time entertained.

6) Adding more region achievements to the already existing maps would be also very great to keep us busy and entertained for the next months to come.

They already sorta did that during the Living World. Still, expanding existing zones is good.

7) Add new dungeon rewards like new dungeon weapon skins and armor skins for ascended weapons/armors that would cost significantly more tokens to make also playing with alts again more alt friendly and to broaden a bit more the ways of how you can obtain ascended stuff, other then only through pure luck, laurels or time gated crafting whats the most biggest grind that destroyed the alt friendliness of this game in the whole place first and foremost.

New rewards? Yes. Significantly higher token cost? No.

This would also require making dungeons actually fun and putting the token rewards back to the way they were when you could get more tokens on alts if you leveled them enough. Still, potential there. Although they’ll probably never do this one.