[Suggestion] Global unlocks

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Ok let’s face it, this is a living world, but it’s the Anet developers the ones moving it, why don’t you make the players move the world instead?

This suggestion will use 2 systems already in the game so it’s easy for you to understand.

• 1: Remember where we had to vote Ellen Kiel or Evon Gnashblade? That system did convert all our items (the votes) into some numbers that Anet could use. It was tracked globally no matter what server we were on (I guess).
  • 2: In the new SilverWastes map, there’s an npc at Camp Resolve that will build a bank, TP^, laurel vendor, etc… if you pay him with bandit crests.

Ok, why not to combine them? Make the npc ask for (obviously more than just for 1 map) 1 million bandit crests, as example, but make that shares across all servers (or more accurately, for each megaserver) but once reached, the built feature will be built forever on every overflow.

Pros:

• You can rebuild lion’s arch that way, building by building, giving us players to choose what do we want to rebuild first.
  • This system could be used to make players take choices on other events or game features.
    Some examples can be: (Build another megalaser at tequatl or improve turrets damage – Use the Tequatl spoons for this so only players that complete the event can vote up) (Get a new weaponset or a new armorset – I guess you can use gold to vote this.) (Add a new fort at WvsW or Improve catapults movility? – Use badges of honor to vote this) (A new guild mission: The marionette or raiding the nightmares tower? – Obviously guild commendations are needed to vote this one)
  • As stated above, it’s a sink for all those items that we no longer use. Badges of honor, Tequatl spoons, commendations. It gives it some use and won’t feel useless anymore.

Cons:

• Lot of Developers work.
  • Not everyone will be happy, but again this is a massive multiplayer game, same as happens in reality, you need to accept when you don’t win a race.

Final thoughs
Make a big thing of this. Make us feel like we’re actively working in a living world. This won’t happen if you just add 2-3 things to vote up in the game. You need to add 50-100 different things so players don’t burn out and farm that event in 2-3 days. It’s a lot of work but it’s a way to involve players into living world.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

(edited by Elrey.5472)

Posted by: InfernoHero.5687

InfernoHero.5687

Dude… I would LOVE to rebuild LA like this!!!!!

Elrey.5472

Yeah, think about it.

1.000.000 gold from players to build just the bank building.
500.000 gold to rebuild the lion statue.
150.000 gold to remove the broken pieces of the breachmaker near the lighthouse.
etc

I would really like it, but this thread seems to not get any attention so i’m not sure if everyone else would like it.

Posted by: Scrivs.4501

Scrivs.4501

Yeah I must say that I quite line this idea. Nice one

[EU] Desolation
Mesmer – Necromancer – Ranger – Elementalist – Revenant

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

Definite +1 /15char

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Personally not really feeling that it’s important for SW, but it seems like a nice way to go about actually rebuilding LA and not just waiting around to see if it changes.

Elrey.5472

Personally not really feeling that it’s important for SW, but it seems like a nice way to go about actually rebuilding LA and not just waiting around to see if it changes.

It’s mostly useless in SW, because each time you waste your bandit crests for it, it’s only for that specific overflow. Most of the time we’re jumping between overflows often enough to not give it the proper use. It also sucks when you pay for something, then you dc’ed and when you come back you are in an overflow where what you payed for is gone…