[Suggestion] Glowing mask, DYABLE

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

Anet, please, this mask is amazing only IF it could be dyable, PLEASE…. MAKE IT DYABLE… caps has never worked so far but just for the idea q.q…

Give us the option to colour atleast the glow part..

-Sâmbuca

Posted by: Forgottenprince.4972

Forgottenprince.4972

Very much seconded!

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

its never happening. that way in the future anet can release blue ones, green ones, yellow ones, even purple and us being thr suckers we are will buy them all O_O

#ELEtism

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I think the problem is more tha glow effects have more than one color, and nothing with a glow is colorable in game. Like weapons, flamekissed armor, hellfire/radiant armor, CoF armor ?

Please correct me if i’m wrong and there are colorable glowing pieces

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

I think the problem is more tha glow effects have more than one color, and nothing with a glow is colorable in game. Like weapons, flamekissed armor, hellfire/radiant armor, CoF armor ?

I have no expertise but someone who does CG modelling was saying on reddit that particle effects are in the data as a greyscale image and they just slap a color on there to change it so, in theory, it should be technically easier to color swap a particle effect.

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Very much seconded!

Thirded.

The motion carries.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Posted by: Awbee.8405

Awbee.8405

I remember that during the beta, we could color the CoF armor (or, well, the PVP version of it). I was quite sad when that was removed during launch. I wanted give my Necro bad kitten glowing green shoulders, whereas I don’t like the traditional look of orange burning fire too much.

So it should be possible, and I’ve been hoping for a return of the dyable CoF set ever since launch.

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

What is a “Glowing Mask”???

Posted by: Vystirch.3418

Vystirch.3418

Totally should be dyable

Treebeard, “That doesn’t make sense to me. But, then again, you are very small.”

Posted by: Sinzaku.2980

Sinzaku.2980

Yeah this is destroying a bit the idea about unique skin for players, we all looks same on those stuff and if we could change it for it follow with hair ect since most of mask looks crap, flamekissed glow with hair and eyes turquoise color pretty looks lame

“Necromancer in Heart and Soul” ~ #8k Hours#Asura
-(EvE ~ EU)-

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

What is a “Glowing Mask”???

it’s the new skin helm that goes on your players face 500 gems. it’s a mask with glowing eyes, it’s quite nice.

i also want this glowing mask to be dyed

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I have no expertise but someone who does CG modelling was saying on reddit that particle effects are in the data as a greyscale image and they just slap a color on there to change it so, in theory, it should be technically easier to color swap a particle effect.

I do have some expertise in modeling and animation and yeah, there is absolutely no reason they can’t make particle affects dyeable. In fact during the betas you could dye the fire particle affects from the CoF set, so apparently not only is it possible but it was in game and then removed.

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

They should do like Digital Extremes has done with Warframe: enable particle effect dyes.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

To be fair, the Necro starter dead-eyes effect can’t be dyed either.

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

It’s not my area of expertise, but if they can do it in the Beta (CoF armor) and in gw1 with the Chaos Gloves, I highly doubt it’s impossible.

I’d love if the Glowing Crimson Mask was dyeable (slightly kills the name) same with the Necromancer starter-one.

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

Asura T3 IS glowing AND dyeable!

Plus, I’m in. Would like to color it in a bright green…

Trahearne <3

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Well it’s been established that it can be done. CoF flames were dyeable in beta but apparently that was too much fun so it got removed. No clue.

Also, the glowy bits on medium Magitech armor are dyeable. Mine are bright lite blue.

PS – Chaos axes in GW were my favorite cuz of how they looked when dyed.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Scarlet Gloves, Shoulders and Mask have glow-ish effects and can be dyed as well.

ANET pls give us dyeable particles. :c

(edited by FenrirSlakt.3692)

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

I think I remember reading somewhere that the reason the cof armor had one flame color and couldn’t be dyed was due to wanting the keep the look uniform and inline with the spirit of the dungeon.

I haven’t met one person who thought that it was a good idea to do that. Others were even more dumbfounded once finding out at one time you could actually dye the flame portions. And for those who actually were able to dye them in the beta, well…they tend to say the option to dye being taken away is just stupid.

I personally think that everything should be able to be dyed. Why? It sponsors individuality imo. Everyone doesn’t like the same things and I suspect that includes colors.

I also think that this won’t happen. Why? well, for this skin, “Glowing Mask”, anet could probably make some cash for releasing different colors like another poster said. Only way I don’t think that happens is if this company decides to be nice to it’s players.

As far as the cof armor goes………….LOOK, it’s been over a year heading into two. Allow us the get the version you had in Beta. Allow us to dye it. Don’t think anyone would be against it (and I hate speaking for others).

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

Why would you want anything but Glowing Red eyes ?
Im prob gonna get this one on my charr.

-Ironcurtain

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

Why would you want anything but Glowing Red eyes ?
Im prob gonna get this one on my charr.

Because my eyes are in a bright green. My Sylvari (main) glows in a bright green, his weapons glow in a bright green, his armor and backpiece does. PLUS his hair is RED… It would look a loooot better if the glowing and these clolored portion of the skin would match hins glowing and tattoo color. (which is green, who’d have guessed?)

Then theres another good point: Individuality!
If everyone has it in red… weeell… reminds me of Aion Asmodians in rage mode… xD

Trahearne <3

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

The technology just isn’t there yet

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

That is not true.

There are two types of lights, there is an object light and a true light. Object lights are just an ordinary object with an isotropic effect applied, which basically sorrounds the object in ‘mist’ that mimics light but is not. You can know these because they do not actually cast any light; and they account for most armor, weapons, and items. If you can dye a regular object, you can dye an object light, the tech is not only there but inherent to any engine.

As for true light, they can also vary in color, but it is possible that the game engine isn’t programmed to change these based on the dye system.

However, the point about true lights is irrelevant as the mask is clearly an object light.

Posted by: Mordja.3608

Mordja.3608

Agreed. Everyone I’ve talked to in-game about the mask also wishes flames/glows could be dye-able.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

I bought this as soon as I saw it lol. The red matched my warrior perfectly I do think that it should by dyeable though, as well as ALL the weapons in the game(cummon GW1 had it!!! You can DO it anet!).

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

Def should be dye-able along with everything else in the game
All armor, weaps (including guild), skins, & back pieces.
Customization is a key element in mmo. You can never go wrong with it.

Naz ©

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Too much work for the devs.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Too much work for the devs.

Come on, guys, that’s posting just for the sake of posting.

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

Anet for crying out loud anything you create for the purpose of getting money for it should be dye-able, no dye no moolah.

Posted by: D Zid.2179

D Zid.2179

Bah was about to buy some gems to get this, then figured i should check and see if i can actually change it to the colour i want before hand..
Glad i did, as this thread just saved me some money, though at the cost of some disappointment!

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

The necro is strong with this one

Posted by: Gokki.9574

Gokki.9574

Questions:

1. Is this mask infinite uses?
2. Once i use it can i transmute any helmet with the current wardrobe system (skin becomes unlocked like any other skin)?
3. Can it be dyed or still can’t be?