[Suggestion] Gold Sellers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kyubiko.8014

kyubiko.8014

I’m hoping this is the correct sub-forum to post this. Also if this is an issue which you have already done something remarkably similar to or better than what I suggest, feel free to delete this topic.

I have been inundated with gold sellers frequently, and for a time I was blessed with silence from them. Of late I have been again attacked by these parasites, and the reporting of them seems to work insofar as banning the account used, but not the person behind the account. I realize they might spoof their IP address which would make stopping them less easy than we might like.

I have a suggestion for how to deal with them. I notice they tend to whisper and move on, changing maps frequently the way they used to in GW1 to avoid being reported. Not that this stops the reporting, but I recognize the reason they do it. I notice that when they do whisper, it is always broken up into separate lines to better present their sales pitch. One could possibly create a filter that catches these and automatically sends their information to the accounts management department for review. I have never even once seen a multi-line chat message from any live players since the game’s release.

Additionally, if they mass-whisper as I suspect, then it is my theory that one could adjust the spam filter you already have on Map chat to catch too-frequent whispered messages. For instance, five in the span of one second. I doubt any legitimate player would be hindered by this particular filter.

Posted by: Teranas.6150

Teranas.6150

A nice idea. However, Guild Wars 2 does not support ingame modifications (like addons/mods) or chat manipulation. There is currently no way to filter or check text messages for external developers.

You may want to suggest this directly to ArenaNet.

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Additionally, if they mass-whisper as I suspect, then it is my theory that one could adjust the spam filter you already have on Map chat to catch too-frequent whispered messages. For instance, five in the span of one second. I doubt any legitimate player would be hindered by this particular filter.

There are some legitimate reasons for mass whispering. For example I’ll whisper every guild member who is not repping just before Guild Missions start. It’s probably not 5/second, but it’s pretty fast.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes