[Suggestion] Gold selling sollution

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: HugoCosta.6735

HugoCosta.6735

Change gold policy to be Account bound.
As you can see it’s very simple, with a single shot you’ll kill all gold sellers.

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

And punish loads more players.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Luigi.1584

Luigi.1584

And how you will borrow gold to friend, or send to guild leader or deposit in guild bank ? This suggestion is worth nothing, you will see ecto sellers next day.

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

Why do people continue to use gold sellers?
The answer’s pretty obvious…to buy items that they should be easily able to attain for themselves but can’t.
A-net could easily reduce gold seller spam by increasing crafting material drop rates, giving sought after items – like precursors – a dedicated recipe (no more wasting crafted goods in the mystic toilet in the vain hope of actually getting the things you want) and finally abandoning, once and for all, their stupid over-reliance on RNG.
3 simple solutions they will never do!

Azhure.1857

What foolishness. Gold sellers exist because people feel entitled to immediately have high end items in a video game – so your solution is just let people have what they want easily.

Thread closure incoming.

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

’I’ve had my say…close the thread’ – smooth, real smooth.

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

This is not a solution, the real solution is removing the problem without causing another problem.
imo, they should develop an algorithm to detect gold sellers’ accounts and their gold reserves and then ban them with a great ban wave. I think it’s not impossible for the creators of the game. They can stop 3rd party gold sellers.

Azhure.1857

’I’ve had my say…close the thread’ – smooth, real smooth.

No, more like your thread is about “gold sellers” and “gold selling”. Something you’re not allowed to talk about on the forums.

Since you don’t know that, and I’m inclined to give you some amount of intelligence and not accuse you of being stupid, I’ll just say welcome to GW2 forums.

Posted by: proviticus.4183

proviticus.4183

my question is… doens’t it cost like $60 to get an account for Guild Wars? If they delete the account isn’t the gold seller out for $60, which means they have to make that profit before they’re detected?

Or is there some kind of beta going on? If there’s a beta, just make the beta players unable to send gold. If there’s not a beta just ramp up bannings until the gold sellers realize they’re losing money with each account. My 2ยข

[edit] meant trial version instead of beta

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

my question is… doens’t it cost like $60 to get an account for Guild Wars? If they delete the account isn’t the gold seller out for $60, which means they have to make that profit before they’re detected?

Gold sellers don’t buy accounts. They use compromised accounts for gold spamming. This much is obvious if you just bother to look at the character and account names of the gold spammers.

Posted by: Moderator.7502

Moderator.7502

Discussions of gold selling, in-game abuse, hacking, exploiting, and the like are not allowed on the forums. If you feel a player is abusive in-game, please report them using the in-game ticketing system so our Customer Support team can properly investigate the issue and take any appropriate action.