Suggestion: Guild Influence Leaderboards

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bevillian.1260

Bevillian.1260

I have often wondered how my Guild stacks up against the rest. I suggest a new leader board option that ranks Guilds based on their influence.

Guild Wars 2 Needs Hall of Heroes

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Great Idea!
It would be nice to know for sure

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Daegen.1039

Daegen.1039

i think it would be interesting to see

i7 3770k@3.5hz ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 32Gb Viper 3 Black Mamba PC3-12800 9-9-9-24
OCZ Agility 3 2.5" 240GB SATA/ 500Gb WD 7200 ASUS GTX 670 2GB GDDR5 50"plasma

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

Ya! then we can all guild hop to the one with the most influence and become one big kitten zerg under one big kitten guild that has more influence than it can possible spend.

Posted by: Lady Starmist.5938

Lady Starmist.5938

I think it would give the guild leaders/ member something to strive towards and set goals within the guilds. Using it for the purpose of “guild hopping” is just insane. I don’t think that’s what anyone is saying here.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

people check leader boards?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Bevillian.1260

Ya! then we can all guild hop to the one with the most influence and become one big kitten zerg under one big kitten guild that has more influence than it can possible spend.

Why would you want to be in a Guild with the highest influence? Having influence doesn’t do anything. Honestly, Guilds with lower influence are most likely the ones keeping upgrades on 24/7. My thought on this was that I was simply curious which guild had the most. One would think that players would want to be in guilds that keep upgrades activated and I guarantee the guild with the most influence doesn’t keep upgrades active all the time because you wouldn’t be number one if you constantly use it. Players don’t want to be in a guild with no upgrades active ever, so I was curious how that played out on the leaderboards. That’s all. People would have to pay like 150g, and switch servers to join if they really wanted to and were on a different server, and any member would still be approved by the guild leader to join. I don’t see your point.

Bevillian.1260

people check leader boards?

Yes, you should try it sometime.

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

Hmmm this would’ve been awesome when I moved from EU to Na and was looking for a new guild :P luckily I’ve only joined 2 guilds in this game 1 EU and now 1 NA, both luckily with circa 1 million influence.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

Well, on the one hand, I can see where this would be a good idea…except for one thing…

Influence can be bought.

If I wanted to put up a good recruitment notice, all I would have to do is whip out the credit card, convert to gold, and buy enough influence to be at the top of the boards for a day or two.

If influence was gained solely through earning it by in-game means, then it would be a different story, and I would throw my support behind it.

Level 80 Elementalist