[Suggestion] Guild Wars Con

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

I think ArenaNet or maybe NCSOFT and all of its games could pull off an exclusive once per year Convention here in the USA that is solely Dedicated to us and our little circle of games not conglomerated with other gaming companies or platforms. Much like the competition does once a year. With that being said, I suppose you need one for Europe and China as well.
If they did offer an exclusive NCSOFT or ArenaNetCon would you want to attend? Would you Cosplay your favorite character from Gw2 all with a contest for a prize? What would you want to see or add to my little list of things that could be done?
The excitement of BIG exclusive announcements for content, opportunity to meet with fellow Guild-mates and Developers. Maybe compete in some PvP, get sneak peaks of new gameplay that you can actually sit down and play with for a little while. Fabulous Artwork displays, good eats and treats with recipes normally found only in game(who doesn’t want to try some Omnomberries treats) Exclusive Merchandise that shows others that you attended the Con, like T-shirts and other bad kitten apparel. Contests to win Amazing prizes. How about exclusive in game item like a miniature, weapon skin, and a finisher, this would be a part of your welcome bag full of goodies. Some other goodie bag ideas could be pins/badges to wear while in attendance, coupons for vendors who have booths set up to showcase their merchandise (kinda like SteelSeries has GW2 mouses and stuff like that).

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ViralVarda.2739

ViralVarda.2739

Honestly, no. Unless for some reason it was within an hour of me. The only “big event” they could have would be PvP, and that would be about as exciting as any other tournament they’ve put out, which is not very exciting, at least to me. A WvW tournament? Ehhh. 3 different zergs playing for an hour or so trying to quickly cap? Ehhh. PvE? One big blog killing a boss? Ehhh. I just wouldn’t be too exciting about it. And I’d probably only watch the highlights reel, even if they were playing some new gamemode.