[Suggestion]: Home Instance Collectibles

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

So I was running one of the Aetherblade paths in Fractals earlier today, and came across the dancing hologram (Fun Fact: Dance with both holograms to get an achievement). So I thought to myself, “How neat would it be to take one of these and be able to place it in my Home Instance?”. And then it occurred to me.

Home Instance Collectibles.

Items that you can find out in the world, that you can add to your Home Instance. Like, for example, the dancing hologram in the Aetherblade Fractal. They wouldn’t be obvious things, they would be random stuff to just decorate our Home Instance with. As you’re doing dungeons, fractals, raids, exploring, or even really hard jumping puzzles, you can find little trophies like these that you can collect to display in your Home Instance.

Like another would be a mini shrine for the different gods. You do the chain event for the temple of Balthazar, all the way to the end, and next to the shrine you find a mini version that you can display on a display shelf somewhere in your Home Instance.

Make thousands of these types of collectibles, scattered in different activities, some easy to get to start, while others are a challenge. Just don’t hide them behind grinds or time gates or such things. Just have them out there, for us to get, whenever we want to go collectible hunting.

I mean, we already have ore nodes, and clothing racks, and stuff that already have uses. So this would be a trophy hunting thing instead. And every new patch, feel free to secretly toss in more things that we can hunt down, so there is always stuff out there in the world to find for our Home Instance.

Just trying to think of ways to make use of our Home Instance.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

this sounds like a cool idea, the problem would be space (unless you can choose what you display and what you don’t the same way hall of monuments in GW1 worked)

an alternative would be a shelving that housed trophies a la super smash brothers.

either way more stuff for our home instance (whether functional or decorative) i would be highly in favour of

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I’ll agree only if I can decorate my home instance.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Valgar.9576

Valgar.9576

legendary llama!

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I just wish the collectable items we have gotten already had a place in the home instance. Like: Zephyr Sanctum model, Marjory’s Journal, Scarlet’s Journal, etc.

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

I would like this idea if we had player housing within our Home Instances. Our PCs share home instances with many other NPCs, technically it is their home instance as well and it feels a bit presumptuous to fill up a shared space with our stuff.

How about this?

Introduce a holo-sculpture to us through a ‘quest’, perhaps even have the player play as the holo-sculptor as they escape from peril or practice their trade. Once unlocked, the holo-sculptor would set up shop (a gallery) and home within one of our home instances. The sculptor would give us a holo-recorder that would record our accomplishments. They would then turn that recording into a holo-sculpture that would be displayed within the gallery.

This formula could be used to introduce NPC chefs, taxidermists, doctors, furniture builders, stone masons, dancers, singers, painters, orphans, etc.

edit: The holo-sculptor could also have a public gallery in LA that would have a rotating show based on the most commonly earned holo-sculptures.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

(edited by Psientist.6437)

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I would love this.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

This would be amazing. I miss a HoM type place in GW2

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|