[Suggestion] Home Instance Gatherer NPC

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

I assume this came up before in other threads, yet i feel the suggestion justifies a separate one:

I have an almost complete home instance. A year ago guild mates used to join and gather those nodes. Now I get the answer “ty, not worth the time” when offering that in guild chat. Their point is understandable; the home instance nodes became really numerous while most materials have little value. Same is true for the guild hall nodes, tedious work for low proceeds.

Suggestion: let’s add an object or NPC, like the controversial Black Lion Hunter’s Board, which gathers for you, to the Gem Shop.
That should include even exotic “nodes” like Enchanted Treasure Chest and work for visitors as well. IMO that’s a valuable social aspect. Guild halls could be included or receive a separate version.
Might work via ingame mail, you visit and order once per week and receive for that period all that this specific home instance offers. Or grab it all, every day, right at the entrance.

One stone, two tengu, home instance gathering become worthwhile again and AN gets a new token to sell. Also fits in the concept Convenience for Gems.

TL;DR: home instance + guild hall nodes gathering is hardly worthwhile anymore. Let’s add an NPC to the Gems Shop who picks the stuff up for us.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Not in favor of this idea.

Plok, I can understand the sentiment. Have seen this feature in other games like ESO. Likewise have a fully stocked Guild Hall and have helped a number of home instances acquire nodes. That said I am not for it here. The reason for this is based on your own statement:

“TL;DR: home instance + guild hall nodes gathering is hardly worthwhile anymore.”

The reason it is not worth it is simply supply versus demand. By adding an NPC you only further increase supply which further drives down the demand and therefore value of those said items. We need further demands for materials to have them have more value. Auto gathers work in ESO since it is first come first serve on any open world node limiting supply. GW2 people are more in favor in things that require less and less materials to acquire which further drives down demand. I would prefer to offer value to those actually doing gathering versus the impact on further reducing demand. Good gathering!

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Why gather at all if it’s not worth it to you? Just don’t go into your home instance then at all. Why add this if it’s just not worth it to gather at all?

Posted by: Rasgalinj.2763

Rasgalinj.2763

Here’s a problem with this though, this item’s value would depend 100% on wether or not you have a bunch of buddies ingame with the most valuable stuff in their instances, offering “advantages” to those in guilds with a lot of these people compared to those who aren’t.

Posted by: polarbear.2497

polarbear.2497

Here’s a problem with this though, this item’s value would depend 100% on wether or not you have a bunch of buddies ingame with the most valuable stuff in their instances, offering “advantages” to those in guilds with a lot of these people compared to those who aren’t.

No because you can only gather from one home instance per day (technically, each node can only be gathered from once per day regardless of which instance it is in).

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I would also like an NPC to do Auric Basin meta for me, please.

Yeah, no, don’t think that’s gonna happen.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Not worth it? I make 50s-1g per day by diving into mine, and that’s just from what I sell. I end up with a backlog of materials that also have value. I’m super glad to share it with the guild, when they have time.

That said, I wouldn’t balk at the idea of a gathering minion for the guild hall and home instance, especially if he comes with keys to open my loot boxes. No more spending map currencies for keys ..probably means less map participation, so I’m out of luck on that one. :P

Really though, can we get a Noxious Pod for the home instance?

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

~snip~
home instance + guild hall nodes gathering is hardly worthwhile anymore.
~snip~

It’s worthwhile to me. I like taking a break from “hurr durr killz EvRyThInG” and relax by gathering for a few minutes.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.