[Suggestion] Human Male Hairstyles

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Leviathan.6327

Leviathan.6327

Everyone probably knows the hairstyles offered for human males are among the most uninspired hairstyles in the entire game, especially the exclusive ones that come with the kits. A lot of them are just straight-up ugly. Most of them either look like overly styled boy band haircuts or just really bad hair mods for The Sims. It seems like every time there’s a hairstyle with a braid in it (even just one), Anet goes, “Welp, humans can’t have this. Give it to the Norn.” Dreadlocks? “Nah, those belong to charr and asura.” So what are humans left with? “How ’bout a partially shaved, side-swept pretty boy haircut? Perfect.”

I know this topic has been brought up plenty of times before, but given the most recent hairstyles included in the kits, Anet clearly still needs help coming up with ideas. So this’ll be a thread where people can post their ideas to make human males stand out a bit more. I’ll start things off with a wild ponytail with bangs similar to Warcraft’s King Varian Wrynn. It’s not that crazy of a hairstyle, but it sure as hell looks pretty bad*ss!

Attachments:

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Prophecies_Male_Monk_Hairstyles.JPG
I would like to see #4 come back.
It was complemented by the tattoos you could see around the back of the head.
But yeah..i feel your pain on the boy band options in gw2.

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

All of my +1. Human males have been getting the short end of the hairstyle stick since the very first kit update.

It’s honestly so surprising how hairstyles like this haven’t made it into the game by now. We need some really good hairstyles for humans in general, but I agree that males need it the most.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Human-Norn-Dreadlocks/first#post5318405

^ Here’s another thread about the subject, specifically about better dreadlocks. But we also desperately need hairstyles like the references you posted, Leviathan.

It’s hard to make a rugged barbarian when all you’ve got to work with are ugly hipster cuts.

Leviathan.6327

Here’s a quickly shopped example of what a Varian-style haircut would look like in game to give people a better idea of how much cooler our human males can be…

Attachments:

Seabreeze.8437

^ Dude, that looks awesome! We totally need this… like right now.

Also, you know human male hairstyle kit options are in a bad place when you hardly ever see anyone in the game using them. Seriously, every time I browse through them with my spare makeover kit, I think, “wow, I forgot these ugly do’s were in here.” That’s because everyone knows they’re terrible and nobody ever uses them!

(edited by Seabreeze.8437)

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Also, you know human male hairstyle kit options are in a bad place when you hardly ever see anyone in the game using them. Seriously, every time I browse through them with my spare makeover kit, I think, “wow, I forgot these ugly do’s were in here.” That’s because everyone knows they’re terrible and nobody ever uses them!

Not true. Also two of my friends opted for the new mohawk (without knowing from each other – they actually look pretty similar).
I always said that if there was a better haircut than that of my main (second pic) coming along, I’d grab it.. but somehow his “My sister cut my hair”-style still suits him best.

Edit: So yeah, I don’t really contribute to this thread – I’d like some more options as well but in the end most male humans have got weird (baby) faces, so an edgy haircut isn’t really helping them.

Attachments:

(edited by Jana.6831)

Posted by: Tyr.6097

Tyr.6097

I’m more interested in more faces that doesn’t look like anime/metrosexual/babyface.

Tyrs Klinge ~Thief~

Seabreeze.8437

Not true. Also two of my friends opted for the new mohawk (without knowing from each other – they actually look pretty similar).
I always said that if there was a better haircut than that of my main (second pic) coming along, I’d grab it.. but somehow his “My sister cut my hair”-style still suits him best.

Yo, don’t take my words so literally. Also, just because you know one or two people that use them (or even a few), doesn’t mean these styles are super popular. Yes, on occasion I’ll see someone using one of these weird hairstyles, but by and large they’re mostly ugly and repetitive. Like, how many parted haircuts do we really need honestly when we don’t even have any really good ponytail options? Having all these edgy haircuts wouldn’t be so bad if we could also have a selection of more rugged styles like the one the OP posted.

I’m more interested in more faces that doesn’t look like anime/metrosexual/babyface.

I’m more interested in hairstyles, but I agree the overabundance of babyfaces is also annoying.

Leviathan.6327

That pretty much sums up my thoughts whenever I browse through the human male hairstyles, too. I very rarely see anyone using those hairstyles, and when I do (in my own honest opinion) I still think they look ugly as sin. I see kit exclusive hairstyles from the other races being used much more often than I do with human males. I’ll look at a couple of the simpler braided norn hairstyles or hell, that dreadlocked asura with the cloth headband and think, “Why can’t humans have a hairstyle like this?!”

We just need more creative variety like we see with the other races.

Jana.6831

Yo, don’t take my words so literally. Also, just because you know one or two people that use them (or even a few), doesn’t mean these styles are super popular.

Sorry, I’m slightly autistic, I take things literal

Yes, on occasion I’ll see someone using one of these weird hairstyles, but by and large they’re mostly ugly and repetitive.

Counter question: How many male humans do you see anyway?
And doesn’t every male charr have the same hairstyle as well?
I think the mentioned problem applies to a lot of the character options but still we’ve got more options than other games, so my characters have a chance to look unique.

I’m more interested in hairstyles, but I agree the overabundance of babyfaces is also annoying.

I said I’m autistic, that means that I also mean the stuff I say like I said it: Even if there were crazy edgy hairstlyes – they wouldn’t suit the baby faces, that was my point. And maybe that’s the problem, maybe there already are a lot of good hairstyles, they just don’t suit any of the faces.

Leviathan.6327

And doesn’t every male charr have the same hairstyle as well?
I think the mentioned problem applies to a lot of the character options but still we’ve got more options than other games, so my characters have a chance to look unique.

I’m gonna chime in here to say that statistically, humans are the most played race in almost every mmo that offers them. I’ve seen a few polls each year on reddit that surveyed a large amount of players on GW2 (on their favorite race, profession, and all that jazz) and humans were always ranked #1 as the most played. It may not the most accurate, but it’s probably a pretty good representation of the general population. The most recent one I saw was a 2014 poll, but I imagine the stats haven’t changed much since then. Secondly, this is a thread about human male hairstyles, so I’m not sure why you’re bringing up the charr (and no, male charr have a pretty darn good variety, as with all the other races).

I said I’m autistic, that means that I also mean the stuff I say like I said it: Even if there were crazy edgy hairstlyes – they wouldn’t suit the baby faces, that was my point. And maybe that’s the problem, maybe there already are a lot of good hairstyles, they just don’t suit any of the faces.

No, there aren’t a lot of good hairstyles. The faces have nothing to do with how ugly these new hairstyles have been (although we do have too many baby faces). Not for human males, anyway. That’s kinda the whole point of this thread. To hopefully give Anet some good ideas for future hairstyle additions. If you like them, great. More power to you. But I (along with many others, I bet) think we need to let Anet know that we don’t want our bad*ss human dudes looking like they’re a member of some god awful Tyrian emo boy band (unless that’s what you’re going for, then you’ve got plenty of options there).

Jana.6831

I’m gonna chime in here to say that statistically, humans are the most played race in almost every mmo that offers them. I’ve seen a few polls each year on reddit that surveyed a large amount of players on GW2 (on their favorite race, profession, and all that jazz) and humans were always ranked #1 as the most played.

Human females probably,mostly because of their lost idle animation, I guess.

No, there aren’t a lot of good hairstyles. The faces have nothing to do with how ugly these new hairstyles have been (although we do have too many baby faces). Not for human males, anyway. That’s kinda the whole point of this thread. To hopefully give Anet some good ideas for future hairstyle additions. If you like them, great. More power to you. But I (along with many others, I bet) think we need to let Anet know that we don’t want our bad*ss human dudes looking like they’re a member of some god awful Tyrian emo boy band (unless that’s what you’re going for, then you’ve got plenty of options there).

That’s your opinion, but not mine nor a fact. Faces do matter a lot when it comes to hairstyles -ask any hairdresser. There already are some quite kitten hairstyles (both mohawk styles, the undercut and some more) but the male humans still look like from a boyband – because they’ve got baby faces. It’s not that hard to understand, is it?

Leviathan.6327

Human females probably,mostly because of their lost idle animation, I guess.

Maybe human males would see more play if they had a larger variety of unique (and actually good) hairstyles.

That’s your opinion, but not mine nor a fact. Faces do matter a lot when it comes to hairstyles -ask any hairdresser. There already are some quite kitten hairstyles (both mohawk styles, the undercut and some more) but the male humans still look like from a boyband – because they’ve got baby faces. It’s not that hard to understand, is it?

No, it’s not hard to understand at all, and there’s no need to be condescending. I just completely disagree with you (with all due respect). More rugged-looking faces will not magically make those hairstyles suddenly awesome. A bad haircut is a bad haircut no matter what the person’s face looks like. And just so you know, that’s my opinion.

Now as I said before, if you like the hairstyles, fantastic. Good for you. If you have some ideas and maybe example pics of some cool hairstyles you’d like to see in the game, feel free to contribute. Otherwise, please move along as this thread is clearly not intended for you. This isn’t a thread for people who are fine with the hairstyles, it’s for people who aren’t. So please don’t waste any more forum space arguing over our opinions.

Seabreeze.8437

Yes, it’s an opinion, thank you captain obvious. You views are also opinions. Seriously, though, what’s your problem, Jana? This is simply a thread asking for more variety in human hairstyles, why do you sound so opposed to that idea? It’s not like this is a “nerf profession X or buff profession Y” thread.

Honestly, some people just have to argue for the sake of arguing. (rolls eyes)

Anyways, let’s keep this thread relevant to the topic at hand, yeah? Here’s some more examples of hairstyles I think we should have (along with facial hair concepts, to boot). Also, I threw in a batch of female hairstyles as well, even though males need a bit more help in the “cooler styles” department. :p

Attachments:

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

I have yet to see ANY game accomplish much in the hair department. Esp for males. But compared to what’s out there this game is high ranking in char creation. I’m way happy I glow in the dark (mostly play sylvari). Of course if more hair is added I would be just cheezing – just no bald styles plz.

I also post on guildwars2guru.

Leviathan.6327

^ Those are some really cool examples of potential hairstyles, Seabreeze! Although again, I’d hope that Anet wouldn’t simply give those to the norn because they’re too “wild” for humans. And the female hairstyles in that pic actually reminded me that we don’t have any cornrows, or ethnic-looking hairstyles in general like different types of dreads and afros (there was another thread on this earlier that could benefit from having some of its posts moved here). There’s a default hairstyle that looks like it’s supposed to resemble cornrows, but really, it’s just some random squiggles shaved onto a head. I don’t have any characters in mind that would benefit from cornrows, but I’m sure there are a lot of players who’d love to see that in the game.

I don’t play Warcraft and I know they don’t have a ton of hairstyle options, but for what they have, they at least have a pretty cool variety (again, that wild Varian-style ponytail in the upper-right side of the first pic would look awesome as hell).

Attachments:

Leviathan.6327

Also, Seabreeze, you bring up a good idea. Let’s throw in some facial hair ideas since that’s another thing that human males are severely lacking. Out of all the facial hair offered for human males, only two of them actually utilize a separate model (the generic rounded beard and the Hulk Hogan mustache), the rest are just textured right on the face, and some of them aren’t even of very good quality. For stubble and thinner mustaches or goatees, that’s fine. But norns aren’t the only ones capable of growing a cool thick beard, you know. How about a pointed beard or maybe a Jack Sparrow type of goatee? Maybe one that has a simple braid in it or a chinstrap. They don’t have to be crazy dwarf-status beards, but a little more variety there would be a much welcome addition as well as new hairstyles.

Also, why is it so hard to find a game that offers a simple chin goatee to use as an example? No mustache, no sideburns, not crazy huge, just a simple bit of fuzz on the chin (not a soul patch, either). I tried using some of the default ones, but they all have some sort of mustache included and it just doesn’t look right on my character.

And sorry I keep using WoW as a reference, I know it’s like the mortal enemy of GW. I don’t play it, I just like some of the character creation options they offer.

Attachments:

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Lot of really nice hairstyles (and faces) guys. I don’t have a human male and I only made a human female for the story line achieves. I dislike all the baby faces they have to offer on both human males and females and it was a struggle to find a hairstyle I could tolerate for the female. The male options were awful.

Keep up these great suggestions.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Seabreeze.8437

Lot of really nice hairstyles (and faces) guys. I don’t have a human male and I only made a human female for the story line achieves. I dislike all the baby faces they have to offer on both human males and females and it was a struggle to find a hairstyle I could tolerate for the female. The male options were awful.

Keep up these great suggestions.

Right on, thanks!

I’m really digging this thread. As suggested, I’m gonna bring a couple of my posts from the dreadlocks thread here for further reference, but I also provided a link to the original thread in my first post for further reference.

+100 if I could, I’ve been wanting more dreadlocks styles for soooo long! This would actually be good timing considering Heart of Thorns is going to be set in the jungle.

Like someone already stated, asura are getting really nice dreadlocks (especially the male one with the bandana), and I’d like to see humans get similar styles. I’m sick of all the lame boy band styles that are all basically the same. Let’s see some creativity, Anet!

Also, I’d like to see some dreadlocks with accessories like beads and ties for a surfer/beach look (we already have examples of that with asura and charr). Headbands look nice too. There’s just so much room for creativity that I’m surprised that humans have been getting the most boring styles with every hair kit update.

The thing I like about dreads is that a lot of the styles can be gender neutral ( so less work if they are made right)

Very much agree. Here are some examples of what I’d like to see as unisex hairstyles.

Attachments:

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Yes, it’s an opinion, thank you captain obvious. You views are also opinions. Seriously, though, what’s your problem, Jana? This is simply a thread asking for more variety in human hairstyles, why do you sound so opposed to that idea? It’s not like this is a “nerf profession X or buff profession Y” thread.

Honestly, some people just have to argue for the sake of arguing. (rolls eyes)

Anyways, let’s keep this thread relevant to the topic at hand, yeah? Here’s some more examples of hairstyles I think we should have (along with facial hair concepts, to boot). Also, I threw in a batch of female hairstyles as well, even though males need a bit more help in the “cooler styles” department. :p

I want ALL of these. Especially that braid on the blonde female. Preferably with movement.

Seabreeze.8437

Here’s another post from the aforementioned dreadlocks thread:

…and perhaps more styles of afros.

This too. The lazy “make a render of a sphere and call it a day” afro just doesn’t cut it. We need more Caribbean style afros like these ones. It’d be especially cool if they even gave it physical properties, like having it bounce around when you move.

As a side note, can we please get better facial hair for human males, please? Why we don’t have at least a simple chin goatee like Carlito here (the bottom pic) is beyond me.

Attachments:

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

Hair club president.

Attachments:

Posted by: Aethgar.1784

Aethgar.1784

Dreads, dreads dreads oh gods yes dreads.
I created art of my elementalist with the dreads I wish he had, and I still seriously would like graying/silver-templed male hair styles.
Plus any David Eddings fan would like a Polgara-streak on girls so it cuts both genders!

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast| House Corvidae
Lord Ahrwit Valdyr/Isambard FitzValdyr/many more…

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Agreed to all.

Leviathan.6327

As a side note, can we please get better facial hair for human males, please? Why we don’t have at least a simple chin goatee like Carlito here (the bottom pic) is beyond me.

Ah, see? That’s the kind of simple chin goatee I’m talking about. Carlito’s got a little bit of a mustache stubble going on, but if we had that kind of goatee in the game without any extra lip hair or sideburns, that would be perfect. Nothing too wild. Simple, yet cool.

And here’s another cool spikey dreads ponytail hairstyle I found that could work for human males or females.

Attachments:

Posted by: RumRunner.7823

RumRunner.7823

i hope anet takes some ideas from this thread. i’d LOVE to see a lot of these hairstyles eventually make it into the game, especially the op’s king varian hairstyle. that shop you did looks really cool man! also like the idea of new dreads. only one style of dreads for humans currently? lame…

diablo 3’s barbarian has a cool looking beard and hairstyle. AND he looks like he’s seen his fair share of battles!

Attachments:

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

I kinda just wish Norn and Human shared their hairstyles.

It’s understandable Humans couldn’t share hair styles with Sylvari, Charr, and Asura. They would have different hair textures etc.

But Norn and Human’s only difference is size. Lore aside that is.

Leviathan.6327

I kinda just wish Norn and Human shared their hairstyles.

It’s understandable Humans couldn’t share hair styles with Sylvari, Charr, and Asura. They would have different hair textures etc.

But Norn and Human’s only difference is size. Lore aside that is.

That’s precisely the problem I mentioned earlier with humans and norn being two similar humanoid races just with different body builds.

Giving norn and humans the same hairstyle options would definitely take away some uniqueness between the two races (as it stands, they already share a few), so I could see why Anet wouldn’t wanna do that. Personally, I don’t think I’d want them sharing every hairstyle either. It’s kind of a double-edged sword because on one hand, I like having them be differentiated. But on the other, that means every time Anet comes up with a hairstyle design that’s a little more on the wild side (with either a braid or a pontail or something), they immediately give it to the norn because humans are incapable of cultivating such crazy do’s, you know? So humans pretty much get what’s left over: a bunch of weak, side-swept pretty boy hairstyles that aren’t even all that different from each other (maybe with a randomly shaved spot on the temple).

Hopefully Anet introduces a bunch of new hairstyles (and faces) in HoT, and among them some really cool ones for human males! I mean, every expansion of the original GW did that, so I’d honestly feel kinda gypped if this expansion didn’t.

Posted by: Aethgar.1784

Aethgar.1784

GW1 had incredible hairstyles. They varied by profession and by expansion. They included dreads, myriad braids, wild hairstyles with incredible ornaments like spiders or clawtips, and lovely long options.
The dervish especially.. WOW.

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast| House Corvidae
Lord Ahrwit Valdyr/Isambard FitzValdyr/many more…

Leviathan.6327

GW1 had incredible hairstyles. They varied by profession and by expansion. They included dreads, myriad braids, wild hairstyles with incredible ornaments like spiders or clawtips, and lovely long options.
The dervish especially.. WOW.

Totally! I was a long-time player of the original Guild Wars and they really did have an impressive amount of creative hairstyles, especially considering the fact that every profession had its own set of unique hairstyles (and faces). I mean, I’m glad hairstyles aren’t profession restricted anymore, but the amount of variety was cool nonetheless.

And in case Anet doesn’t think it’s that big of a deal, if you look at every forum that follows GW2 whenever they release these new hairstyles, the consensus for human males is generally the same. I’ve only provided links for a couple, but they’re all over…

http://dulfy.net/2014/03/18/gw2-new-hairstyles-in-total-makover-kits-and-self-style-hair-kits/

http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/forum/m/2737230/viewthread/11616549-new-hairstyles-in-todays-build/filter/most-replies/page/1

I’m not intending this post to be hateful or anything, I merely would like Anet to rethink the direction they’re taking with their portrayal of human males. The original GW had some amazing hairstyles, and a lot of the samples posted in this thread are great ideas of what we would like to see in the game! I’d like to see people get genuinely excited for new hairstyles instead of saying, “Welp, we got more emo boy band cuts, as usual.”

Attachments:

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

They absolutely need some masculine/kitten hairstyles & faces. We get in Anet, you like boyband/metro/effeminate/GQ hairstyles & faces. & you can have them in there. but instead of having it be 85% pretty-boy could it be at least 60/40?

& that’s not even getting into the beards, which are laughable.

Leviathan.6327

i hope anet takes some ideas from this thread. i’d LOVE to see a lot of these hairstyles eventually make it into the game, especially the op’s king varian hairstyle. that shop you did looks really cool man! also like the idea of new dreads. only one style of dreads for humans currently? lame…

diablo 3’s barbarian has a cool looking beard and hairstyle. AND he looks like he’s seen his fair share of battles!

Thanks! I’d love for them to just add more variety in general, but man I’d be so friggin’ pumped if they added a Varian-styled ponytail! Got a hairstyle kit waiting in my bank for that. Threw in a couple more pics to hopefully nudge Anet in the right direction (I really hope they see this thread and draw some inspiration from it).

Keep up the great ideas, guys!

Attachments:

RumRunner.7823

They absolutely need some masculine/kitten hairstyles & faces. We get in Anet, you like boyband/metro/effeminate/GQ hairstyles & faces. & you can have them in there. but instead of having it be 85% pretty-boy could it be at least 60/40?

& that’s not even getting into the beards, which are laughable.

that’s pretty blunt but tbh, where is the lie?

i’ve got some characters who are supposed to be tough-looking knights and who are supposed to be human. but since i don’t want them looking obnoxiously “cute” i’m probably just gonna settle with making them norn since they have better faces, hair, and beards all around. but really, i shouldn’t have to do that. humans can be bad@ss too you know!

Leviathan.6327

Here are some more examples of the human hairstyles offered in the original GW (of course, humans were the only playable race, but still). These are just the ranger options for males (and females because why not).

Attachments:

Seabreeze.8437

Another thing we need for our humans is legit curly or messy hair.

Attachments:

Leviathan.6327

Another thing we need for our humans is legit curly or messy hair.

Ah, yes. Long curly (or at least wavy) hair would look cool, especially on some warriors.

Speaking of warriors, here’s the gallery of warrior hairstyles included in GW Prophecies. The most notable ones here are numbers 5, 7, and 9 (8 is nice, too). 5 isn’t exactly the type of ponytail I specifically want (Varian says hi again, Anet), but it’d still be nice to have as a simple warrior-style ponytail like that for some much needed variety. 7 and 9 are just good examples of the braids/dreads that humans used to have. When they introduced the paragon profession, there were a nice handful of dreads included there. I’ll try to find a good pic of those later.

Also, does number 6 look familiar to anyone? Yes, that hairstyle used to belong to humans (they just added a couple of braids to it). But with the introduction of norn, that’s no longer the case.

Attachments:

(edited by Leviathan.6327)

Leviathan.6327

Here’s another cool example of dreads humans can have (male or female, just maybe without the flowers lol). I know female norn already have one similar to the pic on the left, but that shouldn’t mean humans can’t have a hairstyle like that.

Also, I’ve been noticing that they’ve been starting to allow more and more hairstyles use multi-color options (like that spiky male charr hair everyone loves). It’d be cool if we got some dreads like these ones that could do the same thing.

Attachments:

Posted by: Deerbot.3152

Deerbot.3152

I know this is supposed to be a thread for suggesting human male hairstyles, but after seeing a few female examples, I would like to add a couple.

Could we get long, curly hair? And I mean curly, not just a little bit wavy or Shirley Temple ringlets. And instead of cutting it off around shoulder length, how about making it as long as about some of the norn female hairstyles. It’s not fair that the human females don’t get to have long, flowing hair.

Attachments:

(edited by Deerbot.3152)

RumRunner.7823

also we have a distinct lack of messy hair/dreads that’d be suitable for pirates. given that there are pirates in this game, you’d think there would be more options to go with that. they’ve already given other races hairstyles that come with headbands, so humans should be able to share in that too.

i’ve got a couple characters who are pirate-themed myself, so it’d be cool if someday down the road they could resemble more rugged looking pirates. he’s got the kit exclusive ponytail right now, and it works, but it’s very… shiny. and glamorously smooth. i need a ponytail that’s lower and more unkempt, not so pristine for my pirate (like the guy in the last pic). yarr

and yes, a goatee like jack sparrow’s would be pretty cool too.

Attachments:

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Yeah, ITA with most of you.

I like the Varian Wrynn style, too.

Both genders need more long, natural/casual styles.

I do also like some of the more stylised hairstyles, in theory; for example, I am a fan of the early ’80s inspired, asymmetric styles.

They’re the kind of styles that can look really good in photos.

But, I prefer longer, more natural, wavy styles, for everyday life and for my chars, when they’re running around ingame.

For one thing, natural hair movement adds an element of immersion, that very static hair doesn’t.

I like that, when my char turns, or stops suddenly, her hair swirls around slightly.

Makes it feel more real.

ATM, there is really only one female Human hair option that offers that and although pretty good, it’s still a little on the short side and all the long female Norn styles seem to have headscarfs, or braids, or other accessories.

Just long, loose and wavy/loosely curled would be ideal.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Leviathan.6327

Depending on where you look, you can even find Skyrim hairstyle mods that would look really cool in GW. Like these ones, for example. Look at all these different types of ponytails the Dragonborn can get (and is that a wild Varian-styled one I see in the third row? I sure as heck think it is, man). These pics are all female characters, but I’ve used this mod before and they can all be used on males and most of them still look great (with some minor clipping issues since they weren’t originally modeled to fit on a man’s head). Notice that a lot of them look kinda messy, not all pristine and fabulously glossy.

Here is the source for these pics…

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31797/?tab=3&selected_game=110&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fid%3D31797%26user%3D1%26gid%3D110&pUp=1

Attachments:

Leviathan.6327

Trying to create a tough-looking human warrior in GW right now…

(This also applies to our current hairstyle choices btw)

Seabreeze.8437

Trying to create a tough-looking human warrior in GW right now…

(This also applies to our current hairstyle choices btw)

OMG +1 not only for the Guilty Gear Xrd gif, but also for how relevant this is to the topic. Seriously, this gif is hilariously true right down to the “destroyed” statement at the end.

Side note: I love how the victim is Potemkin, who is arguably the manliest dude on the roster (for sure the burliest). It really drives home the point. Nicely done.

RumRunner.7823

Depending on where you look, you can even find Skyrim hairstyle mods that would look really cool in GW. Like these ones, for example. Look at all these different types of ponytails the Dragonborn can get (and is that a wild Varian-styled one I see in the third row? I sure as heck think it is, man). These pics are all female characters, but I’ve used this mod before and they can all be used on males and most of them still look great (with some minor clipping issues since they weren’t originally modeled to fit on a man’s head). Notice that a lot of them look kinda messy, not all pristine and fabulously glossy.

ah, those are the types of messier-looking ponytails i’d like to see eventually make it into the game as human (not norn) hairstyles. hell, even that messy bun hairstyle looks cool. several of those would be great for my pirate character

and that guilty gear gif you posted was golden

Seabreeze.8437

I know this is supposed to be a thread for suggesting human male hairstyles, but after seeing a few female examples, I would like to add a couple.

Could we get long, curly hair? And I mean curly, not just a little bit wavy or Shirley Temple ringlets. And instead of cutting it off around shoulder length, how about making it as long as about some of the norn female hairstyles. It’s not fair that the human females don’t get to have long, flowing hair.

The way I see it, the thread title is calling the most attention to the lackluster state that male human hairstyles are in, but I think any suggestions for humans are more than welcome. I love those curly hair ideas for females!

Also, I found some more afro hairstyles to add to the idea pool. I like the messy ones like the first image in particular, but I also think it’d be cool to get a ponytail-style fro like Usopp here in the last pic. I want to reiterate that we should get more styles of afros than the overly simplistic sphere-with-a-hair-texture-map one we currently have.

Attachments:

Leviathan.6327

Also, I found some more afro hairstyles to add to the idea pool. I like the messy ones like the first image in particular, but I also think it’d be cool to get a ponytail-style fro like Usopp here in the last pic. I want to reiterate that we should get more styles of afros than the overly simplistic sphere-with-a-hair-texture-map one we currently have.

I saw your other post on afros and I gotta agree with you 100%. So many games that have afro hairstyles are just textured spheres. There are (as you showed with your pics) many different styles of afros, and while we don’t need a ton of them, a few more stylized ones would be fantastic.

I created a guy that has an afro ‘cause it still looks pretty good on him, but ideally I’d like for him to have a fro that was more like the guy’s in the grayscale pic you posted. Longer, messier, droopy, just… more stylish looking all together.

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

if you think the hairstyles are disappointing, look at the beards. only one full beard. smh

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Leviathan.6327

if you think the hairstyles are disappointing, look at the beards. only one full beard. smh

Oh, trust me. I know. I mentioned earlier up there that I’m completely dumbfounded as to why there isn’t a simple little chin fuzz type of goatee (like Asahi’s here). They all have mustaches, and a lot of them just look… weirdly textured. Also if you look higher up in the thread you’ll see some beard suggestions since there’s more than one way to style a full beard, anet. And you don’t have to be norn to do it.

On a related note, I wanna reiterate what I said earlier about how I sincerely hope Anet adds a handful of new customization options with this expansion (hairstyles, faces, horns for charr, ears for asura, tats for norn, etc.). Considering all of the original GW expansions have done this (except EotN, which I don’t think was really a full-blown expansion anyway), I would be extremely disappointed if they left the create-a-character section completely untouched.

lol, I’m kinda feeling like Asahi right now regarding Anet’s silence on this…

Attachments:

Leviathan.6327

Has anyone here played Dragon’s Dogma? Anyone at Anet play Dragon’s Dogma? The create-a-character mode in that game is really good, and there are a lot of really nice hairstyles in that game. 50 different types of hairstyles as indicated by the first screen! A great variety for all types of heroes.

These aren’t the best screens to showcase what it has to offer, but it’s still a pretty good preview if you haven’t played that game yet (it’s fantastic, btw). And check out the second screen: 26 different types of facial hair! I’ll try and get better screens of some of the cooler hairstyles offered in that game later on.

Attachments:

RumRunner.7823

Has anyone here played Dragon’s Dogma? Anyone at Anet play Dragon’s Dogma? The create-a-character mode in that game is really good, and there are a lot of really nice hairstyles in that game. 50 different types of hairstyles as indicated by the first screen! A great variety for all types of heroes.

These aren’t the best screens to showcase what it has to offer, but it’s still a pretty good preview if you haven’t played that game yet (it’s fantastic, btw). And check out the second screen: 26 different types of facial hair! I’ll try and get better screens of some of the cooler hairstyles offered in that game later on.

you know, i actually have played dragon’s dogma. i put it in again after i read your post to check it out and i honestly forgot just how cool the create-a-character mode is! guild wars really could take some inspiration from that game when it comes to the sheer quantity of different hair/beard styles.

man, i forgot just how friggin’ fun that game is. even after all these years… lol