[Suggestion]Human/Norn Dreadlocks

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Ok…
So this is just one wish from a simple player.

I would really like to see dreadlocks that look…nice..in the game..
Not like they were placed on the top of the head like a mop.

The current issue I have with the ones currently in game for the human and norn are that they seem to only come from the top of the head only, when in actuality they grow all around it.
They also are short in the back when, if they are long at the top and front should be a bit longer in the back.

I don’t know if this is too much to ask and I hope it isn’t.

But could you make the dreads a bit longer and fuller around the head, like the asurans for human and norn male?

Something kinda like this

Attachments:

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

+1

Also, let’s have some dreadlocks for female human and norn characters too.

Solori.6025

+1

Also, let’s have some dreadlocks for female human and norn characters too.

The thing I like about dreads is that a lot of the styles can be gender neutral ( so less work if they are made right)

Like these styles

Attachments:

Solori.6025

And this one
Which is just a shorter version of the one above

P.S. also the first one I linked could go on either a male or female.

Or if they wanted to make one more specific to the other you could make the locks smaller, or thinner ( some people down here call them “sistalocks”) and make them longer for the female characters.

Attachments:

(edited by Solori.6025)

Posted by: Kakapo.5230

Kakapo.5230

A couple of the existing human and norn dreadlocks hairstyles look really badly rendered, too.

Asura have a wide variety of decent dreadlocks, so why not humans and norn too?

In due time, all will serve the asura.

Solori.6025

Changed the title so it hopefully gets sent to the right people

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

Maybe I can make a Lister character from Red Dwarf if they ever give us some decent dreads for once. x_x
+1 to the thread

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Solori.6025

Maybe I can make a Lister character from Red Dwarf if they ever give us some decent dreads for once. x_x
+1 to the thread

Ooooh that would be awesome.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Yes please!

I know there’s at least one dreadlock style hairstyle for norn females, but more variety would be excellent.

I know this would end up being an exclusive edition behind makeover kits, though. I highly doubt they’d drop these additions in the character-creation selection.

It would also be nice to see some faces that looked more convincingly of African descent to match these awesome dreadlock-dos and perhaps more styles of afros.

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

ive been hoping arena net would address the terrible dreadlock situation in the game.

Solori.6025

ive been hoping arena net would address the terrible dreadlock situation in the game.

yea it’s been a while, i would think someone woulda googled dreads before they even added them the first time tbh , but owell..better late than never

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

I’d rather prefer more hairstyles with clean and practical English, French, Dutch or Fishtail braids than more Dreadlocks. especially more cool feminine and masculine looking bun hairstyles , because long hair clips so often with a lot of armor, but Norn look much more Norn-like with long hair. :I
I’d also like human male hairstyles with a bit more hairlenght but a loose bun or knot (if you feel brave put a hairstick or fork in plz <3) to prevent clipping.
It looks cool and is practical because the hair doesn’t get in the way when fighting or wearing a helmet and the hair actually would stay goodlooking and healthy because of the reduced damaging.

(edited by Oreithyia.3064)

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

+100 if I could, I’ve been wanting more dreadlocks styles for soooo long! This would actually be good timing considering Heart of Thorns is going to be set in the jungle.

Like someone already stated, asura are getting really nice dreadlocks (especially the male one with the bandana), and I’d like to see humans get similar styles. I’m sick of all the lame boy band styles that are all basically the same. Let’s see some creativity, Anet!

Also, I’d like to see some dreadlocks with accessories like beads and ties for a surfer/beach look (we already have examples of that with asura and charr). Headbands look nice too. There’s just so much room for creativity that I’m surprised that humans have been getting the most boring styles with every hair kit update.

The thing I like about dreads is that a lot of the styles can be gender neutral ( so less work if they are made right)

Very much agree. Here are some examples of what I’d like to see as unisex hairstyles.

Attachments:

Solori.6025

+100 if I could, I’ve been wanting more dreadlocks styles for soooo long! This would actually be good timing considering Heart of Thorns is going to be set in the jungle.

Like someone already stated, asura are getting really nice dreadlocks (especially the male one with the bandana), and I’d like to see humans get similar styles. I’m sick of all the lame boy band styles that are all basically the same. Let’s see some creativity, Anet!

Also, I’d like to see some dreadlocks with accessories like beads and ties for a surfer/beach look (we already have examples of that with asura and charr). Headbands look nice too. There’s just so much room for creativity that I’m surprised that humans have been getting the most boring styles with every hair kit update.

Very much agree. Here are some examples of what I’d like to see as unisex hairstyles.

Awesome images.
I also think now would be an excellent time to see better dreads.
I also do think it’s sad we see very few creative or tribal like hairstyles

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

…and perhaps more styles of afros.

This too. The lazy “make a render of a sphere and call it a day” afro just doesn’t cut it. We need more Caribbean style afros like these ones. It’d be especially cool if they even gave it physical properties, like having it bounce around when you move.

As a side note, can we please get better facial hair for human males, please? Why we don’t have at least a simple chin goatee like Carlito here (the bottom pic) is beyond me.

Attachments:

Posted by: Mikah.4510

Mikah.4510

+1 kitten near every post in this thread, esp the requests for more afro-textured hair.

Honestly not having hair styles like many of these is straight racist. We have a melanated race of Elonia and yet there’s next to no hairstyles that work (for humans OR norns, as said many times, charr and asura have better afro-textured hair styles, this bothers me greatly bothers me on MANY levels).

I’ve only successfully made one black human male and one “sorta” successful black norn woman. Along with new faces, at some point can we actually have either sliders that allow for a variety of races, or more faces than “everyone ever is Anglo”.