(Suggestion) Improved Pet builds

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I’ve thought about it alot and while playing another game an idea came to mind. Why not improve pet class choices?

Condi builds are terribly weak in the open world in boss fights and one of the things that was suggested was to remove conditions from all skills until the player chose condition heavy build (ie max condition damage in the line of traits that focuses on that) which would then activate conditions. This would remove all of the zerker and power builds that have conditions and would make condition builds more viable.

The same concept can help the pet/summons situation for the classes that are the weakest in pets but do have them and often need them in order for those classes to be considered a diverse class in PVE.

Here’s what I’m proposing:

~ Add the ability to summon special pets for those classes who use pets when they max out in a line specifically for pets.
~ Engineer: Tank Turrets – mobile turrets that use various ranged damage types (can’t imagine using a net turret but if that works okay)
~ Necromancer: Imps, undead Skale, Flesh Reavers.
~ Elementalist: Greater elementals.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

~ Engineer: Tank Turrets – mobile turrets that use various ranged damage types (can’t imagine using a net turret but if that works okay)

You should visit the PvP forums.

I keep a running joke going whenever possible about giving Engineer’s a trait for mobile turrets.

You will get laughed off that forum if you post something serious along the lines of mobile turrets.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

The same concept can help the pet/summons situation for the classes that are the weakest in pets but do have them and often need them in order for those classes to be considered a diverse class in PVE.

Here’s what I’m proposing:

~ Add the ability to summon special pets for those classes who use pets when they max out in a line specifically for pets.
~ Necromancer: Imps, undead Skale, Flesh Reavers.
~ Elementalist: Greater elementals.

While I like the basic idea, I think something like this would be better saved for a sub-class idea. Such ideas were tossed around in the old horizontal progression CDI, but sadly all we got out of that was the current trait system (which is NOT what we asked for, nor in the spirit of what was asked for).

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.