Suggestion: In Game Player Housing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: thaide.9245

thaide.9245

Allow players to create + upgrade with resources houses & Guild halls throughout the world.

It would also be cool if Guild halls we’re somehow capturable in world much like WvW.

Let’s see a real living world.

Posted by: Lunchbox.6970

Lunchbox.6970

Imagine how many gem store items they could add to the store for stuff to shove in your house so that you can show it off to other players. That would be an amazing revenue stream for Anet! People love that stuff!

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

I agree player/ personal housing would be a big money maker, not so much selling nicknacks but selling plots of in game land to build on. Nicknacks would be crafted along with building components and furniture.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: Ionut.2307

Ionut.2307

Where do you people live? I have a bridge to sell to you.

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

The problem is it’s more trouble than its worth, it would get old soon, it would bring a bunch of new bugs and support tickets and at the end most people wouldn’t care about it after a couple of months.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

The problem is it’s more trouble than its worth, it would get old soon, it would bring a bunch of new bugs and support tickets and at the end most people wouldn’t care about it after a couple of months.

I do not agree, the players who want housing want it because it gives you an emotional connection to the world our characters live in.
I am a hero of Tyria, I am the commander of the pact and I am homeless?

I realize there are some players who do not care for housing, but many many players do.

Housing done right can be great for the game because it can give incentive to do content, revitalize maps, crafting, trade etc etc.

it is good to sometimes just have stuff to do in game that does not involve killing x amount of mobs over and over.

If anything it will add to the longevity and stability of the player base

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Lunchbox.6970

Lunchbox.6970

I don’t think they should be doing in world housing and selling plots of land. In my opinion, the right way to do it would be instanced housing/guild halls like EQ2 had. It’s easiest from a development/support perspective and you don’t end up with abandoned buildings all over the world. Most knick-knacks could be crafted or come from quest rewards but if they had some that were only available on the gem store, people would buy them. Much like people buy weapon and armor skins from the gem store now.

Also, if you want your wives/girlfriends to play the game with you, housing and guild halls that they can decorate is something that they will really get into. Mine does. That’s most of the reason that she played EQ2.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I don’t think they should be doing in world housing and selling plots of land. In my opinion, the right way to do it would be instanced housing/guild halls like EQ2 had. It’s easiest from a development/support perspective and you don’t end up with abandoned buildings all over the world. Most knick-knacks could be crafted or come from quest rewards but if they had some that were only available on the gem store, people would buy them. Much like people buy weapon and armor skins from the gem store now.

Also, if you want your wives/girlfriends to play the game with you, housing and guild halls that they can decorate is something that they will really get into. Mine does. That’s most of the reason that she played EQ2.

Said it already 10 times in other threads, but again : i was a big fan of the housing in EQ2, and i really hope if we ever get housing here, they do something like that

LotRO housing for example was totally boring in comparsion.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Turgut.4397

Turgut.4397

Guild halls with upgrade-able/changeable objects and appearances would be great to see. Perhaps the use of materials will have more purpose than making golds and throwing them into the mystic toilet. Once character customization becomes a complete bore people would have a good deal of fun focusing on something other than their characters.

And Anet.. that can be an entirely new tab in the Gem Store. Which means more $$$. The players get hours of enjoyment, Anet gets a nice cash boost. Everyone’s happy.

Still waiting for the things I love about GW1.