[Suggestion] In game art gallery

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Subutex.2416

Subutex.2416

What do you guys think of the idea of having an in game art gallery where one would have concept art and a brief description of things like characters, races, places, etc?

The art would be locked and one could unlock it via many ways, for example when completing a Slayer achievement, the art of the respective monster would be unlocked. Completing an Order storyline would unlock the art concerning that order’s characters, and so on.

Personally I think this would be a positive thing to keep players aware of lore in game.

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

I think this would be a nice addition if they ever added player housing, being able to purchase/unlock paintings to add into your home. But for the current game, I’d probably see it all being unlocked via the achievement panel somehow. But then again, you could always just do /wiki if you’re after some small lore reads.

I do agree, though, that the lore in the game takes a back seat in many places. There are a metric ton of NPC dialogues in this game that, if you take the time to speak to them, reveal some really intriguing things about the area/characters around you. Heck, the Priory is a great example of this in its own right, but it’s not the only instance of it.

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I thought you meant an actual building in game you could go in to see art, a museum run by the Priory or some such. That would be lovely (especially once we can first person camera), but not really subject to individual unlocks.