[Suggestion] Increase the character slots

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Hi,
I’d like to suggest an increasing of the character slots since I’d like to create more characters, hehehehe.
No but for real, ya I may be crazy to have THAT many characters but it’s fun! I would like to create more of the ones I am currently having now. Mostly because I’d like to create the opponent gender since I got no Male norns, sylvari, charr or asura, yet.

So I would be fun to have some male characters except for human ones.
Increase the limit to 80 or higher, or something like that.

Reason why I do have that many characters is mostly like the same reason as I did in Guild Wars, they have each their own hairstyles, looking and armors.
Sylvari only wear Sylvariish looking armors and weapons and vice versa with Charr and Asura..
Norns and Humans are a bit different for me, my humans can basically wear everything since it look best at their models and norns only wear Norn-looking armor, cultural armors and weapons..

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Have you considered another copy of the game? It comes with 5 slots ready and 59 to purchase.

Alga.6498

Have you considered another copy of the game? It comes with 5 slots ready and 59 to purchase.

I did have 10 accounts back in Guild Wars, and it wasn’t that good to have so many accounts to work on... But hey, I did succeeded with my idéa along with so many accounts, xD (Leveled them all up to 20’s, bought their own armor and weapons, but of course I had my main character(s) to do main stuff, dungeons and so on.)
Best of the best is to have everything on the same account.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Character_Slot_Expansion

They already have this item in the gem store. Unless you are talking about having more then 64 characters.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Alga.6498

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Character_Slot_Expansion

They already have this item in the gem store. Unless you are talking about having more then 64 characters.

I’d like to have more characters slots than 64 slots which I am currently have.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

more character slots would be great. I’m not at the limit yet, but I know I will be. already have plans to fill the remaining slots

getting a new account would be a great idea, but with all the skins I’ve collected, plus HoM rewards from my GW1 account, etc it isn’t very appealing to start over again.

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Alga.6498

more character slots would be great. I’m not at the limit yet, but I know I will be. already have plans to fill the remaining slots

getting a new account would be a great idea, but with all the skins I’ve collected, plus HoM rewards from my GW1 account, etc it isn’t very appealing to start over again.

Glad you’re seeing my point! And I totally agree with you.

Posted by: Kiteisa.3189

Kiteisa.3189

I would also love the limit to be raised. I am currently at 47 but have plans for at least twenty more. They are all different, different armour and looks, different builds, different play styles. Having a second account has occurred to me. In fact, I almost did it. Then realized… all my skins… the gem store ones and the ones I have found and bought, would not be there. I could get enough gold to buy the crossing again, and all the other wonderful things in my wardrobe, but what about the ones you CAN’T get again. The things from the beginning of the game. Mad Memoirs and the first Karka event. Starting all over from NOTHING would be painful. Very very painful. Gathering all the dungeon tokens again when I already have them. I would love more character slots…

Nottsgman’s Girl ~ Half of the Dynamic Duo

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Since it impacts probably just you immediately I would think they will wait for more (say 10000) people to be concerned financially.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

This maybe slightly off topic, but what’s with all the winking? I counted ten winks so far (including this one! —→)

But yeah, I have to say that I get told I’m an alt-a-holic for having 20 – but 64??? Are you serious this is not enough??

I’ve declared myself as reaching my limit, so instead of levelling characters, I’m now focusing on getting them all 100% map completion instead. I’m currently progressing Character No. 5.

Good luck though – maybe they will! (<—- not including this one!)

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Why is there a limit I wonder? Maybe they thought no one in their right mind would have 64 different characters, thats 8 from each profession.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Why is there a limit I wonder? Maybe they thought no one in their right mind would have 64 different characters, thats 8 from each profession.

I suppose 80 would be optimum, so you’ve got a profession for every race and every gender possibility?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Mugiwara Zoro.9240

Mugiwara Zoro.9240

Multi-slot expansion in the gem store too, 4 slots for 2000 gems or something

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

Why would you want to have more than 40 characters?
40 characters is enough for every single race/class combination.

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

5 races each having two genders (M/F) = 10 of each race
8 different professions

By my count that would be 80 different combos…so the limit should be 80 for anyone that wants to create one of everything. I guess since Charr and Asura are sometimes “gender neutral” in the armor/hairstyles they made it so that you’d only be able to make half as many charr/asura? That’s my only guess.

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

Hi,
I’d like to suggest an increasing of the character slots since I’d like to create more characters, hehehehe.
No but for real, ya I may be crazy to have THAT many characters but it’s fun! I would like to create more of the ones I am currently having now. Mostly because I’d like to create the opponent gender since I got no Male norns, sylvari, charr or asura, yet.

So I would be fun to have some male characters except for human ones.
Increase the limit to 80 or higher, or something like that.

Reason why I do have that many characters is mostly like the same reason as I did in Guild Wars, they have each their own hairstyles, looking and armors.
Sylvari only wear Sylvariish looking armors and weapons and vice versa with Charr and Asura..
Norns and Humans are a bit different for me, my humans can basically wear everything since it look best at their models and norns only wear Norn-looking armor, cultural armors and weapons..

I 100% totally agree with you they need to expand it. 64 Slots on 1 account is to few! I was really upset when I went to buy my 65th character slot and I was told I had the max amount of slots allowed on my account. (sarcasm).

Buy new character slots via the gem store and help support Anet and help earn them money so they can keep adding to the game.

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)