[Suggestion] Item Bar

[Suggestion] Item Bar

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

I’d really love it if we could get an optional “skill” bar upon which we could place several inventory items, and set custom keybinds to. That way you could keybind toys and foods and such for easy activation.

[Suggestion] Item Bar

Posted by: Xenrithious Lanzius.3598

Xenrithious Lanzius.3598

I love this idea, I find myself constantly forgetting to eat food and use utility items. I think 2 slots would be good, unless they just made it resizable for user preference.

[Suggestion] Item Bar

Posted by: Murasaki Sensai.4963

Murasaki Sensai.4963

As a player who consistently forgets to click boosts, I think it’s a great idea!

[Suggestion] Item Bar

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Even if it were just a small always-open bag embedded in the UI so you could click the items whenever, that’d still be awesome I think.

[Suggestion] Item Bar

Posted by: ArtemisJade.9068

ArtemisJade.9068

I would love to have an item bar. Ugggh thats the one thing I miss about other mmos. I don’t think gw2 implemented because they don’t have a “pot” system or a mount system. However I consistently forget to click food and stuff. Also things like Ash Legion spy kits and Fire Elemental Powder and tonics would benefit from this <3.

To survive this world you must be mad as a hatter. Luckily for me, I am positively insane.

[Suggestion] Item Bar

Posted by: Vulfgar.8735

Vulfgar.8735

Arenanet have created so many interesting, fun and useful consumables like the ash legion spy kits, flame elementals, healing sprouts and what not but they are so clunky to use because you have to open your inventory, locate the item, double click it (usually to get a new weapons bar to activate the item) and then close the inventory then press and use/target.
Getting a misc bar to put a handful of useful items would be so awesome and encourage me to finally use them.
Anet have said they wanted to keep the UI clean but I’m sure they will be able to add these bars if we ask for it in numbers.
This would be high on my wishlist .. for future updates for the UI

Make it happen Anet <3

[Suggestion] Item Bar

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

^ they sure created interresting and helpfull ones and then they nerfed them to oblivion.. like usual. Anyways.. yea got my vote for the bar. Id need that extremely to put my spare weapons there, my food, my wetstones and other things like this. As engi player i got no weapon swap.. surely not an issue but to always open my huge kitten inventory , scroll all the way down to get to my spare weapons and equip it takes longer then it should need. Also eles for sure got that “minor issue” when swapping out their sets on the fly between mobs or bosses and the rev is for sure also gonna have this cause that class aint gonna have a swap either. 5 slots or something would already do it, a way to put it where you want on the screen (top, sides, over the skillbar.. etc) and an optional ability to keybind em and done. QoL change thats worth more then many others…im looking at you npe…

[Suggestion] Item Bar

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

Yeah, this would be awesome QoL improvement.

[Suggestion] Item Bar

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

yet another repeated request from the multiple quality of life requests sitting in the archives of the trash can where the suggestions folder now resides.

It’s very much needed yes yet I doubt it will ever be added.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

[Suggestion] Item Bar

Posted by: Cazamar.7148

Cazamar.7148

Because it’s really hard to hit i double click something and hit i again.

[Suggestion] Item Bar

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

Because it’s really hard to hit i double click something and hit i again.

No, but the inventory is really large and intrusive, if you want to pop a refresh on your food mid-fight its kinda awkward.
Its like the wardrobe for minis… There was nothing wrong about having to have a mini in your inventory to have it show, but now that you don’t lots more people use them.

[Suggestion] Item Bar

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Definitely a good idea. Someone previously suggested a pair of slots for food + potion that would auto-consume once the current one wears off. So just drop a stack of each and go on your way. Even without the auto, it’d be nice to have them tucked away in a corner.

[Suggestion] Item Bar

Posted by: Goo.7926

Goo.7926

Oh yeah! Please an item bar!! -
We have have too much of Potions/food/tonics/Kytes/Balloons/Flames of Kryta/Bonuses/Bonfire/Banners/Fire Elemental Powder../etc… Sometimes I forget to use them because it’s my inventory bags…too much things in my pockets!