[Suggestion] Jumping Puzzles

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Seriously.7953

Seriously.7953

I may be in the minority but I play the game casually and mostly for the jumping puzzles. Its great that you added one more in Lions Arch.

Couple of suggestions:

1) Add a jumping puzzle to the options for doing the Daily

2) Add another level of achievement that you get if you do a jumping puzzle without using teleportation of any kind. (i.e. the moment someone uses teleportation after entering the zone they could no longer get the achievement).

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

1) That used to be the case, not sure why they took it out. Probably complaints from people who die a lot doing JPs. While some are laughably easy and take less time than any other daily, even if you have two left feet, in a manner of speaking.

2) Mhm. Not a fan of that one. I’m a klutz in RL and in the game, I like that I can sometimes get a little help with difficult parts, or assist others when I’m in the JP with my mesmer. There are hard JPs for added difficulty where you can’t simply port to the end, like Vizier’s Tower, Hidden Garden or Dark Reverie. Isn’t that basically what you want? More of that?

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: Seriously.7953

Seriously.7953

I don’t have a problem with people getting the basic achievement for completing the jumping puzzles by any means necessary, but I do think there should also be something extra available for people who do it without any help (such as teleporting). Just look at the new jumping puzzle in Lions Arch, its much more of a challenge with no teleport.

Even just a new title would be something.

Posted by: baconcupcaxe.4208

baconcupcaxe.4208

As far as portals go, many players, including myself choose to do jps with our mesmers. I drop safety ports in case I fall. I am also happy to help others with a friendly port. Now I think anet has done some get things and perhaps the newer jps, especially the challenging ones should include certain mechanics.

Checkpoint system
Better rewards for completion with condition like time or no ports.
Collecting like keys or orbs etc
Transformation, so we have new set of skills like GM rush, cannot use personal skills like savage leap or portal entre

I fully envision anet will include jps into the Adventures and the associated leaderboards. Maybe speak to NPC to start it, and we can choose our level of difficulty.

This way it can be rewarding, challenging, recognition and friendly competition.

Lady Emojuin, Bacon Cupcaxe
Soylent Greenleaf, River Songstress
Gate of Madness

Red Queen.7915

I don’t have a problem with people getting the basic achievement for completing the jumping puzzles by any means necessary, but I do think there should also be something extra available for people who do it without any help (such as teleporting). Just look at the new jumping puzzle in Lions Arch, its much more of a challenge with no teleport.

Even just a new title would be something.

Challenging, but also much more frustrating. Especially in the new JP, there are places where you only have to do a portion again if you fall, but then you go on, and then there are suddenly places where you have to do the entire puzzle again if you miss a jump. In a puzzle that takes this long to complete, this kind of achievement would at least demand a reassurance that you don’t have to go back to the start again. Check points like in the skritt JP would really help a lot, but then some of the old JPs would need overhauls as well (looking at you, Skipping Stones) to make this a less frustrating time sink.
Skill should be rewarded, but not at the expense of someone who doesn’t have the time do a JP ten times in a row because it has one difficult jump in it.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: nathanjameson.3542

nathanjameson.3542

…am i the only one that goes into a JP armed with Spectral Walk and a stack of Experimental Rifles?

finished the new LA puzzle last night…didn’t need to restart once

Karma Express – Norn Guardian commander

Red Queen.7915

Wouldn’t that also count as “cheating” and not give the achievement OP desires? In that cases, kudos for completing the puzzle that way, but still not hardcore mode

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: nathanjameson.3542

nathanjameson.3542

eh i just wanted the AP and the view. waiting on the recharge for spectral walk still made me spend 2.5 hours on it, but at least they weren’t 2.5 frustrated hours

Karma Express – Norn Guardian commander