[Suggestion] LWS2 Laurel Vendor Addition

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Legerdemain.1365

Legerdemain.1365

Hey, everybody.

At this point in time – and since the ending of Living World Season 1 – the laurel vendors in the major races’ cities have offered the vast majority of items rewarded from achievements during that first season in exchange for a combination of laurels and gold. Everything from quartz nodes to fused gauntlets, we can obtain it provided we’re willing to pay the listed price.

However, we now find ourselves a few months after the end of Living World Season 2, and this option is not currently available for any items players may have missed obtaining from holiday events that occurred throughout that second season. While I understand that Season 2 had nowhere near the amount of items offered for a limited time as Season 1, there were still a few events that offered up items that portions of the player base wish they could have been there for. Most notable in this regard – for me and many of the players I interact with, at least – is the past Christmas event. In my own case, I’ve played since GW2’s head-start period, and I’ve missed very few of the limited-time events/items (Flame and Frost is the best one yet; cry your hearts out, SAB-lovers), with the only ones I’ve missed being due to periods of real life infringing on my leisure time. The past Christmas was one of these periods, what with my having to leave my computer to visit with the family for an extended period of time, since college now affords me little opportunity to see my loved ones. The torture of watching the opportunity to get that handy Star of Gratitude needed to keep the scourge of empyreal fragments to a minimum slip through my fingers on my phone was absolutely awful.

In short, I’d like to make the suggestion that laurel vendors be updated to provide the opportunity to purchase missed items from Living World Season 2, so that players like me who missed one of the events could have access to the items no longer obtainable like those from Living World Season 1. Or, hey, if plans are already in the works for this to occur, it’d be nice to at least receive a confirmation that it is being looked at (unsure if this is the first post of this nature). Or, if this is an impossibility, perhaps you could just let me down gently, so I can go drown myself in my empyreal fragments whilst crying softly.

Edit: Seems to be a bit of confusion about what I’m talking about here, so I’ll clarify. I am NOT referring to items offered directly from Living World Season 2 chapters or their respective achievements. The only items I’m referring to are things that were available for a limited-time, such as the Gift of Magnanimity/Star of Gratitude.

(edited by Legerdemain.1365)

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Given the living story season 2 is available to anyone for a small gem investment (200 gems per episode, which is like 30-40g, not a huge deal) I don;t see a reason to include season 2 rewards in the luarel vendor. Season 1 is understandable given the unavailability of the episodes to play through

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

LS Season 2 episodes, which will give you access to all the rewards, are available for purchase if you didn’t unlock them at the time.

Wintersday isn’t part of the LS, it’s a festival. But that also means it comes back every year – so it’s not unlikely that you’ll be able to get a Star of Gratitude next time.

Legerdemain.1365

rapthorne – I’m not discussing items offered through the actual Living World Season 2 content. What I’m making mention of is the items offered through limited-time events, such as the Christmas one, which offered an additional home instance node as well as the Star of Gratitude, which I explicitly mentioned. These items are just as unavailable as those that were offered in Season 1; gems are not a factor in any way, shape, or form.

Olvendred – While I understand the point you’re making, I feel that you could also argue as to what an event such as the Queen’s Jubilee brought to the progression of Living World Season 1 other than a type of festival, yet Mini Watchknights are offered, and the Crown Pavilion returned at a future date with other things offered. Next Wintersday will undoubtedly reoccur, but how are we to know that any item from the past Wintersday will even have a mention there? Much like the Crown Pavillion, although some differences do exist.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

rapthorne, I’m not discussing items offered through the actual Living World Season 2 content. What I’m making mention of is the items offered through limited-time events, such as the Christmas one, which offered an additional home instance node as well as the Star of Gratitude, which I explicitly mentioned. These items are just as unavailable as those that were offered in Season 1; gems are not a factor in any way, shape, or form.

Seasonal content will return, I’m certain, during the appropriate season. For example the candy corn node returned last year when it was previously believed to be only available for the Halloween content of 2013

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Legerdemain.1365

Seasonal content will return, I’m certain, during the appropriate season. For example the candy corn node returned last year when it was previously believed to be only available for the Halloween content of 2013

Eh, well, I guess I’ll just have to sit on a bank full of empyreal fragments for a year then, operating on the chance that I’ll get an item, huh? My opinion here, is that the Star of Gratitude should not have been implemented in the way it was, but that, since it was, I’d like to see it offered outside of a limited time event like Wintersday, much like Mawdrey II with Mawdrey. I just feel like this was poorly done, so I’m admittedly a bit kitten about it. I know the item itself is tied to a collection. Would it be outside the realm of possibility to suggest that this collection be made available outside of Wintersday with possibly a bit more difficulty attached to it, so players like me could have access to it but still have to work for it?

Edit: So, I never had to purchase the Gift of Candy Corn, which you explicitly used as an example, but according to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_Candy_Corn, this item is offered at the Laurel Vendor. So, I’ll ask you: how does this differ from the Star of Gratitude/Gift of Magnanimity? All are items from a past holiday event that no longer exists, and the Gift of Magnanimity could be said to be the Wintersday equivalent of the Gift of Candy Corn. Is it just a matter of time? Will I have to wait one/two years before I can gain access to the items I missed?

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

I’d love it if the LWs2 laurel vendors were fixed, many people do not have access to the ascended nomad amulets Ogden’s Ahnk and Aspect amulet. From what I have heard they should be available after completing certain LWs2 parts, I have 100% mastery and they aren’t available…

So adding in some of the event items, and FIXING the current bugged ones would be great

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

rapthorne – I’m not discussing items offered through the actual Living World Season 2 content. What I’m making mention of is the items offered through limited-time events, such as the Christmas one, which offered an additional home instance node as well as the Star of Gratitude, which I explicitly mentioned. These items are just as unavailable as those that were offered in Season 1; gems are not a factor in any way, shape, or form.

Olvendred – While I understand the point you’re making, I feel that you could also argue as to what an event such as the Queen’s Jubilee brought to the progression of Living World Season 1 other than a type of festival, yet Mini Watchknights are offered, and the Crown Pavilion returned at a future date with other things offered. Next Wintersday will undoubtedly reoccur, but how are we to know that any item from the past Wintersday will even have a mention there? Much like the Crown Pavillion, although some differences do exist.

The mini watch knight wasn’t just for the Queen’s Jubilee, it was introduced during the Clockwork Chaos thing in relation to Scarlet’s invasions and related to S1 lore about how she corrupted the Watch-Knights into her own minions

Legerdemain.1365

The mini watch knight wasn’t just for the Queen’s Jubilee, it was introduced during the Clockwork Chaos thing in relation to Scarlet’s invasions and related to S1 lore about how she corrupted the Watch-Knights into her own minions

Okay, I’ll give you this one. But how is the Gift of Magnanimity ANY different from the Gift of Candy Corn, pray tell?