[Suggestion] Legendary Weapon Sigils Switching

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dragonax.6487

Dragonax.6487

Hi, as we all know, legendary allows players to select the stat combination they like. However, this function is not as useful as it could be because we can’t switch Sigil. For ex: A condi build and a power build will obviously need different Sigils, but if u have an expensive Sigil on them ( Malice, Bursting, Energy, Force… ), it will be a pain. Thus even though we can switch stats on legendary, we can’t really switch builds without losing a chunk of gold.

So, I think it’s reasonable for legendary to have a function that enable players to switch between Sigils. For ex: any sigil we apply to the legendary will be saved and can be switched around the same way we can switch stats. This is nothing big but will greatly increase the value and usefulness of legendaries.

Btw: Is this the right topic to post this ?

Posted by: blubberblasen.3901

blubberblasen.3901

No
its not fair vs ascendet
when sigill change than add it to ascendet too
ah and u know legendary should be a skin only not more !!
It was only better in stats because there were too much cry … before the ascendet patch

Dragonax.6487

No
its not fair vs ascendet
It was only better in stats because there were too much cry … before the ascendet patch

No
Legendary is 30-40 times more expensive than an ascended, even if u count the cost to make it to 500 crafting, it’s still 20 times more. If u want to be fair, legendary needs tons more features to make it worth.

Posted by: blubberblasen.3901

blubberblasen.3901

No
legendary should only be a skin – nothing more

Dragonax.6487

No
legendary should only be a skin – nothing more

It’s too expensive for a skin. Being the supposedly the best weapons in the game. It should have FAR more than just the stat selection features. But all I’m suggesting is a small change, be a jealous boy all u want. I believe I’m the reasonable one here.

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

No – legendaries should have higher stats like *+5%extra damage *
Sins arenanet decided to put legendarys on the trading post its not so legendary anymore in general.

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

It could be good if you unlock sigils on legendary like wardrobe, if you buy it once you can change it infinitely on legendary weapon. That would be cool and legendary thing on actual legendary weapon.

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

Have to disagree with this.

The stat swapping utility of a Legendary is already enough of a benefit over a standard Ascended item. This already provides a significant edge over having to craft multiple ascended weapons for multiple builds. Especially when taking account bound into consideration.

Having to purchase/replace sigils to accommodate a build is a pittance compared to having to craft an entire ascended weapon. Also, unless you’re at the tippy-tippy-top of record setting performances, use of rare sigils over exotics would be just fine for frequent build changes (often 1%-3% variance between exotic and rare). Or even taking a loss of maybe 5% performance by not swapping at all is hardly even a material consideration for general use.

And if, for arguments sake, that level of min/max performance is a consideration, having to craft additional ascended weapons – (edit) in addition to already having a legendary – is also a pittance compared to the collaborative armor/runes/trinkets/(edit)infusions which would be necessary as well to achieve that performance.

And yes, this comes from a legendary user.

(edited by Mourningcry.9428)

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Hi, as we all know, legendary allows players to select the stat combination they like. However, this function is not as useful as it could be because we can’t switch Sigil. For ex: A condi build and a power build will obviously need different Sigils, but if u have an expensive Sigil on them ( Malice, Bursting, Energy, Force… ), it will be a pain. Thus even though we can switch stats on legendary, we can’t really switch builds without losing a chunk of gold.

So, I think it’s reasonable for legendary to have a function that enable players to switch between Sigils. For ex: any sigil we apply to the legendary will be saved and can be switched around the same way we can switch stats. This is nothing big but will greatly increase the value and usefulness of legendaries.

Btw: Is this the right topic to post this ?

Yes they should let us swap sigils. They did a good step leting us change stats, but without change sigils it is still useless for most cases.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I agree that legendary can swap sigil under one condition:
Every time you switch a sigil, it cost 5g to select the change.

Otherwise legendary is no longer cosmetic, but a “must have” because it’s just too useful to give up. There’re skins that’re more expensive than legendary (Great Saw) , so legendary shouldn’t have that much of a previlage.

Dragonax.6487

I agree that legendary can swap sigil under one condition:
Every time you switch a sigil, it cost 5g to select the change.

Otherwise legendary is no longer cosmetic, but a “must have” because it’s just too useful to give up. There’re skins that’re more expensive than legendary (Great Saw) , so legendary shouldn’t have that much of a previlage.

If the stats can be switched freely, there is no reason to charge the sigil switching, and 5 gold is definitely an unreasonable price considering it’s more expensive than 90 % of Sigils.

Some skins are expensive because of their rarity, they were actually dirt cheap when they were first released and most people who wanted them had a chance to get them easily back then. When I first started this game, the Ghastly Grinning Shield was like 200 gold.

Posted by: sunset.3056

sunset.3056

This would be awesome! +1

Dragonax.6487

The stat swapping utility of a Legendary is already enough of a benefit over a standard Ascended item. This already provides a significant edge over having to craft multiple ascended weapons for multiple builds. Especially when taking account bound into consideration.

Having to purchase/replace sigils to accommodate a build is a pittance compared to having to craft an entire ascended weapon. Also, unless you’re at the tippy-tippy-top of record setting performances, use of rare sigils over exotics would be just fine for frequent build changes (often 1%-3% variance between exotic and rare). Or even taking a loss of maybe 5% performance by not swapping at all is hardly even a material consideration for general use.

And if, for arguments sake, that level of min/max performance is a consideration, having to craft additional ascended weapons – (edit) in addition to already having a legendary – is also a pittance compared to the collaborative armor/runes/trinkets/(edit)infusions which would be necessary as well to achieve that performance.

For the price of 1 legendary, you can craft 30-40 ascended weapons. With all of those ascended, you can have every combination of stats with a big variety of Sigils and builds + you can have weapon of every type and put them on every character so u won’t have to move them around.

To conclude: Even with the Sigil swapping feature, 30-40 ascended are still far more convenient than 1 legendary if u don’t care about the skin.

(edited by Dragonax.6487)

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Great idea – I totally support this. You should have a sigil wardrobe though. Every sigil you put in there gets destroyed, yet infinite time aviable for legendary weapons.

By the same reasons you said – this is required to make use of the legy. Unfair compared to ascended? Please, this argument is pathetic. Legendaries shouldn’t be stronger in combat, yet they should increase the quality of life!

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

Only if Ascended also gets sigil swapping and stat swapping. Legendaries were supposed to be just skins.

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

So, I think it’s reasonable for legendary to have a function that enable players to switch between Sigils.

All ascended and legendary gear should allow players to switch stats and sigils/runes freely, once they have been unlocked.

But that would remove too much of the grind from the game, so I doubt ArenaNet would do that.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: nassaya.7109

nassaya.7109

So, I think it’s reasonable for legendary to have a function that enable players to switch between Sigils.

All ascended and legendary gear should allow players to switch stats and sigils/runes freely, once they have been unlocked.

But that would remove too much of the grind from the game, so I doubt ArenaNet would do that.

A while ago i made a thread about stat swapping on Ascended gear. The general idea was ascended could have a max of 5 stat combo’s but only if you fuse for example a beserker stat with a soldier stat greatsword to be allowed to change between those 2 to a max of 5. This would allow to save some invent space if you use mutlible stat combo’s for builds.

Same did go for the runes and sigils of those weapons/armor. the amount of upgrades on it can’t be more than the stat combo’s and upto 5. How does this tie in with legendary well if you own twilight for example you can slot as many sigils chrest on it as you want but only swap it like the stats ooc.

Cheers.

Nassaya Shadowheart lvl. 80 Necro
Nassaya Fireheart lvl. 80 Ele
Far Shiverpeaks – Guardians of the Dutch [GOTD]

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Hahaha, dat b….urt of some ppl which doesnt have legendary weapon.

You know what? For the price of legendary weapon i could craft multiple ascended weapons instead to switch between them as i like. Stat change in many cases is useless as along with that you have to change sigils everytime and that is obvious for every user of legendary – something which many of you doesnt have hence the first line.

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I don’t feel the stat change is enough without being able to swap sigils too. For certain builds I need certain stats, which a legendary lets me switch. However, I also need certain sigils. If I can’t swap the sigils, than it can be quite suboptimal, much more so than simply getting an exotic weapon with the stats and putting the proper sigils in it.

It’s just odd that they let you customize the base stats but not the sigil. The former seems to imply that it will allow you to use it with multiple builds, but the latter goes against that by limiting the potential usefulness of different builds.

Fortunately the game doesn’t require ascended/legendary level gear to have a competitive build, and it’s usually not too cumbersome/expensive to re-outfit with some exotics.

Posted by: BladeRain.6543

BladeRain.6543

Still voting for the implementation of a Legendary Sigil that fulfills this exact functionality. That way Legendary weapons remain at their current level of usefulness and both Ascended and Legendary weapons can reap the benefit.

Ta-daaaa.

=-= 80 of every class | Bad at all of them =-=
Hyperbole is the absolute worst thing in the universe.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I agree with the idea that we should have a sigil swap function for legendary weapons. It would be immensely useful!

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

@ Everyone who says “Legis are only supposed to be skins”. Show me the exact quote from ANet that says that. It’s just a personal opinion. If they would be just skins, they would have created them as skins, like all the lion weapons. No – legendary weapons are more than just skins and they are supposed to be better than asceneded gear, yet not stronger!

You can swap stats more than once, if this wouldn’t be important a skin would have done it. So beeing able to swap sigils too would be totally fine. The difference between the cheapest legendary and the most expensive ascended weapon is still so big that you would be able to swap those signet multiple times! It’s a change a legendary weapon is worth!

All I read here is “I don’t own a legy so I’m against it! It’s not fair others payed 20 times more for their weapon and have now a small, in combat totally useless, adventage over my gear!” Please … get realistic.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

make a forge recipe that requires 250 of 4 superior sigils. allow repeats. have it return an ascended sigil that can select between any of the 4 components.

have a 2nd forge recipe that requires 1 ascended sigil and 250 of 3 superior sigils. when the recipe is used, the selection list for the ascended sigil is remembered and the 3 superior sigils are appended to the selection list, so the recipe returns an ascended sigil with more options.

simple execution, complex back end functionality that isnt in the game, giant sink for currently unusable materials that rot on the tp.

what the OP suggests is untenable. we would sooner see legendary sigils than a clear, immediate, and free buff to legendary weapons.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Stat swapping for legendaries is a nice gesture but ultimately useless without being able to swap sigils along with it. It would be extra motivation for people to get a legendary for the convenience factor of having 1 weapon that can swap between stats and sigils at will. Currently, the workaround is to either have multiple ascended weapons with the right sigils or carry around extra sigils and overwrite.

If we ever get legendary armor, I would suggest the same changes where we can change stats and runes at will.

Posted by: Slacker.2679

Slacker.2679

I feel that everyone is forgetting that Guild Wars 2 is not about vertical progression. This is the exact reason that Legendary weapons do not offer any advantage in terms of stats over the previous tier, and instead offer horizontal progression in terms of the skin and prestige. The only reason that stat switching is even there is because it is not a reasonable request for players to make a legendary weapon for each set of desired stats. Sigils on the other hand can be overridden and changed for the same cost as any other weapon.

Adding sigil swapping or increased stats only to Legendary weapons would be an example of vertical progression and not something that works with the overall design direction of the game. It would have to be a change made to both Legendary AND Ascended to be considered, and this is not something that is likely to happen.

Personally, I feel that a more reasonable approach would be to make upgrade extractors cheaper, or to enable the removal of sigils for a fixed amount of gold.

(edited by Slacker.2679)

Aomine.5012

For the price of 1 legendary, you can craft 30-40 ascended weapons. With all of those ascended, you can have every combination of stats with a big variety of Sigils and builds + you can have weapon of every type and put them on every character so u won’t have to move them around.

To conclude: Even with the Sigil swapping feature, 30-40 ascended are still far more convenient than 1 legendary if u don’t care about the skin.

No, instead of wasting spaces and prepare like 40 weapons for every single situation, sigil swapping’s value is way more than you think. It is convenient, space saving, and extremely useful. If legendary becomes something like that, the price will be at least doubled if not trippled because it becomes a “must have” to everyone.

Enko.6123

I feel that everyone is forgetting that Guild Wars 2 is not about vertical progression. This is the exact reason that Legendary weapons do not offer any advantage in terms of stats over the previous tier, and instead offer horizontal progression in terms of the skin and prestige. The only reason that stat switching is even there is because it is not a reasonable request for players to make a legendary weapon for each set of desired stats. Sigils on the other hand can be overridden and changed for the same cost as any other weapon.

Adding sigil swapping or increased stats only to Legendary weapons would be an example of vertical progression and not something that works with the overall design direction of the game. It would have to be a change made to both Legendary AND Ascended to be considered, and this is not something that is likely to happen.

Personally, I feel that a more reasonable approach would be to make upgrade extractors cheaper, or to enable the removal of sigils for a fixed amount of gold.

How is this an example of vertical progression? Adding stats is, yes. Being able to swap your sigils at will is a matter of convenience. As you already said, stat swapping is there since its not reasonable to make a separate weapon for each. People don’t have to. They can always transmute the skin.
Legendaries need something to set themselves apart from ascended and stat swapping is the only thing there is. Adding sigil swapping to them would give them an extra perk and it wouldn’t be giving them extra abilities or anything.
If you consider sigil swapping to be vertical progression, then you should be considering stat swapping vertical progression as well.

Enko.6123

No, instead of wasting spaces and prepare like 40 weapons for every single situation, sigil swapping’s value is way more than you think. It is convenient, space saving, and extremely useful. If legendary becomes something like that, the price will be at least doubled if not trippled because it becomes a “must have” to everyone.

Even if they did add this, most of the people who are actually swapping things out for different situations especially in the speed clear side are still going to have side weapons because it will flat out be faster to double click one then to go through whatever UI menu that would be used to rotate out sigils while you’re doing a dungeon. I would see probably using a sigil swap on a legendary at the beginning of a dungeon to swap a slayer or changing your legendary to a pvt and useful sigils for Tequatl or something. I wouldn’t see myself using a sigil swap menu while running between mobs.

Stat swapping is pointless without being able to swap your sigils along with them.

Dragonax.6487

I’m surprised you can’t see the obvious flaw of your own argument. " Space saving ? " you sound like ascended weapons are junks people just leave in their inventory and never touched. In that case, why the hell did you even compare them to Legendary in the first place ?

-Even if you have only 1 character your argument is still not true, because 1 Legendary GreatSword for ex is not nearly as combat effective as 1 Ascended GS and 2 Ascended weapons on the other hand + an kitten nal of Ascended weapon in inventory to customize your build.
-Now if you have like 8 characters of 8 classes: You can equip everyone with a full Ascended weapon set and still have some left for reserve and customization. I don’t see how it can be less convenient than having 1 Legendary that you will have to transfer between characters, and at least 4 classes won’t be able to use it.

Moreover, the Sigil swapping feature is no where near that huge, as the cost of most Sigils is less than a gold, even the best is only around 6-10 golds there is no way people would pay a few thousands more gold for that one feature. Remember, the biggest value of legendary weapon is still the skin.

Aomine.5012

I’m surprised you can’t see the obvious flaw of your own argument. " Space saving ? " you sound like ascended weapons are junks people just leave in their inventory and never touched. In that case, why the hell did you even compare them to Legendary in the first place ?

-Even if you have only 1 character your argument is still not true, because 1 Legendary GreatSword for ex is not nearly as combat effective as 1 Ascended GS and 2 Ascended weapons on the other hand + an kitten nal of Ascended weapon in inventory to customize your build.
-Now if you have like 8 characters of 8 classes: You can equip everyone with a full Ascended weapon set and still have some left for reserve and customization. I don’t see how it can be less convenient than having 1 Legendary that you will have to transfer between characters, and at least 4 classes won’t be able to use it.

Moreover, the Sigil swapping feature is no where near that huge, as the cost of most Sigils is less than a gold, even the best is only around 6-10 golds there is no way people would pay a few thousands more gold for that one feature. Remember, the biggest value of legendary weapon is still the skin.

Stop pretending that you don’t know how big of the value for sigil swapping. The ability to make yourself efficient in every single situation, without sacrificing like 40 spaces or more, and without wasting time to buy sigils, without messing around with your inventory to find the appropriate weapons, is tremendous.

If you don’t think it’s a big deal, you people who wield the legendaries yourself wouldn’t have propose it so strongly. If you want to argue about the “skin” can only be applied to one legendary, then you should create 10 more ascended and make them all into your legendary skin, and add the appropriate sigils to them. And like I said, it’ll mess up the market again, and all legendary related materials will be doubled or tripled in price because legendaries become a must-have to everyone now.

Stop pretending that it’s not a big deal to you, you guys want to be stronger and more efficient than everyone else.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

If you don’t think it’s a big deal, you people who wield the legendaries yourself wouldn’t have propose it so strongly.

We can clearly see who is against sigil swap to legendaries. The ones that doesnt own it. Futher commend is pointless as anyone can figure it out.
As i said above, b….urt

Posted by: Kedarrian.2905

Kedarrian.2905

OP’s proposal is a bad idea.

The moment you look at your dungeon party think, ‘oh good they have legendaries, that means correct sigils for this path’ means too much of a performance advantage. I have a Purple wep and i woudln’t want this change.

Aomine.5012

If you don’t think it’s a big deal, you people who wield the legendaries yourself wouldn’t have propose it so strongly.

We can clearly see who is against sigil swap to legendaries. The ones that doesnt own it. Futher commend is pointless as anyone can figure it out.
As i said above, b….urt

And you greedy people want to justify your “hard-work” of grinding by being stronger than everyone else. You don’t care about the market because you already own it and wouldn’t affect you. Talking about bias zzz.

If I aim for legendary, it is only because it has the skin I like, not because it’ll give me previlage over everyone else. I want to aim for legendary LB, but dislike the current design of legendary LB. So unless they add a better legendary LB in the expansion, I wouldn’t go for the legendary, simple as that.

I do not want to be affected by the market inflation because of this “must have” feature of legendary. I want to be able to get the skin with reasonable price, not because it’ll make me stronger.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

xDudisx.5914

As i said above, b….urt

And you greedy people want to justify your “hard-work” of grinding by being stronger than everyone else. You don’t care about the market because you already own it and wouldn’t be affect by it. Talking about bias zzz.

Explain how having a legendary is making someone “stronger”. Even if they add sigil swap how is it making someone stronger?

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Enko.6123

Eh its just a matter of convenience just like how stat swapping was supposed to be. Even if they don’t implement this, those of us that want to swap sigils are still going to do it. We’ll just have stacks of sigils with us and multiple ascended weapons to deal with force+slaying, force+night, night+slaying for each weapon set.

It’s not going to make us any stronger than we already are if you want to optimize stuff. Just makes it more convenient and a cost savings over time for not having to buy more sigils all the time.

As I said previously, if you’re doing things like records runs, you’ll still likely have multiple copies of the weapons to swap sigils faster than it would be going through a selection menu.

Posted by: Slacker.2679

Slacker.2679

How is this an example of vertical progression? Adding stats is, yes. Being able to swap your sigils at will is a matter of convenience. As you already said, stat swapping is there since its not reasonable to make a separate weapon for each. People don’t have to. They can always transmute the skin.
Legendaries need something to set themselves apart from ascended and stat swapping is the only thing there is. Adding sigil swapping to them would give them an extra perk and it wouldn’t be giving them extra abilities or anything.
If you consider sigil swapping to be vertical progression, then you should be considering stat swapping vertical progression as well.

It’s vertical progression because it presents an advantage over the previous tier of weapons. Selectable stats is technically an advantage as well, but it’s reasonable because it is simply too costly for players to craft multiple legendary weapons to change the base stats. Since there is no change in the cost of swapping sigils over any other tier of weapon, adding sigil swapping only to Legendary weapons would present a clear advantage. Whether it be a pure stat advantage or one of convenience, it’s still there.

Aomine.5012

As i said above, b….urt

And you greedy people want to justify your “hard-work” of grinding by being stronger than everyone else. You don’t care about the market because you already own it and wouldn’t be affect by it. Talking about bias zzz.

Explain how having a legendary is making someone “stronger”. Even if they add sigil swap how is it making someone stronger?

You can be efficient in every situation in Dungeon/Fractals that otherwise people need to prepare 20 ascended weapons to do the same thing, wasting so many spaces and efforts just to be efficient. (Do you think any regular person will add 10% sigil of night and 10% monster specific sigil on their ascended weapon? You can easily do that in EVERY SINGLE DUNGEON/ FRACTALS)

You can be efficient in all WvW encounter because you can switch to the appropriate sigil that match the situation, or otherwise you will waste another 10 slots and 10 ascended weapon just to do the same thing.

You can be efficient in all PVE content too because otherwise you’ll need to waste another 10 spaces and make 10 more ascended to do the same thing.

Oh, don’t forget, if you have mutiple legendaries, you basically save yourself like 200 spaces and make it into like 5~6 spaces, which no ordinary people can do that.

Wait! That’s not it! You can choose the appropriate stats according to situation, combine with sigil combination, that’s like 1000 ascended weapon choices into 5~6 weapons! Talking about prestige.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

This is an example of one of those awesome ideas, which would work really well . . .

. . . which is a terrible idea to implement into the game.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

xDudisx.5914

As i said above, b….urt

You can be efficient in every situation in Dungeon/Fractals that otherwise people need to prepare 20 ascended weapons to do the same thing, wasting so many spaces and efforts just to be efficient. (Do you think any regular person will add 10% sigil of night and 10% monster specific sigil on their ascended weapon? You can easily do that in EVERY SINGLE DUNGEON/ FRACTALS)

You can be efficient in all WvW encounter because you can switch to the appropriate sigil that match the situation, or otherwise you will waste another 10 slots and 10 ascended weapon just to do the same thing.

You can be efficient in all PVE content too because otherwise you’ll need to waste another 10 spaces and make 10 more ascended to do the same thing.

Oh, don’t forget, if you have mutiple legendaries, you basically save yourself like 200 spaces and make it into like 5~6 spaces, which no ordinary people can do that.

You know that for dungeons and fractals you basically only need 1 stat that is berzerker (or assassin) ?

About sigil of monster specific. They are cheap as hell. One could buy one and replace them easily even with the current system. Also it is not like 5% dmg on mobs is a big deal, considering the game balance focus mostly only in PvP.

From all the stats only a selected few stats are viable and people won’t be changing the entire build and traits everytime because they can’t change the armor stats and runes..
I see people using it only for 1 pve build and 1 (maybe 2) wvw build.

For spvp it also won’t affect anything.

You are making a hyperbole to try to base your statement. Everything you cited as “stronger” is just quality of life improvement. Very far from op.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

(edited by xDudisx.5914)

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

No
its not fair vs ascendet

legendary was exotic stats before ascended came out.
and some legendaries cost 2000-3000+ gold to make
most ascnededs about 40-45g…

Do not start fair. also do not start about swapable sigil.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Mourningcry.9428

@ Everyone who says “Legis are only supposed to be skins”. Show me the exact quote from ANet that says that. It’s just a personal opinion. If they would be just skins, they would have created them as skins, like all the lion weapons. No – legendary weapons are more than just skins and they are supposed to be better than asceneded gear, yet not stronger!

snip

Legendary weapons were designed to equally, not more, powerful than the best in slot items currently available.

Ascended items are not crafted with a inherent sigil, where a Legendary is (albeit a junk one). So, in that sense, along with the stat swapping ability they are already argueably superior. And they had to be able to swap stats to ensure that any Legendary would be, at any time, equal to any other weapon.

In essence, sigil swapping would provide a further economic benefit, which was never intended. The cost of crafting 1 Legendary or n Ascended weapons is moot as it’s a sunk cost once the crafting is complete. The variable cost of swapping sigils going forward is what will cause an economic imbalance/advantage.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

“Legendary items were always intended to be on par with other “best-in-slot” items. So fear not, all existing Legendary weapons, which are currently on par with Exotics, will be upgraded to be on par with Ascended weapons at the same time that we add Ascended weapons to the game. Thus Legendaries will remain “best-in-slot” items….”

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

you know what i dont think ive swapped stats on my legendaries for a good full year minimum. ive never used anything but zerk on my frenzy. i havent switched from zerk on my predator since… well prolly before 4/15/13, when ferocity hit… because by then i had already settled on a build with zerk weapon stats.

do people actually change their weapon stats like ever. the game doesnt really encourage changing your build around just to try things because its a pretty hefty gold investment in order to have decent synergy.. ie you really need to go fully into 1 stat distribution for any given build, and you can tweak it a little with 1-6 pieces of another 1-2 stat distibutions that have almost the same stats that synergize well with the first stat combo. if it ends up not working, its a whole lot of gold wasted on soulbound gear youre gonna end up never using, especially if you do something dumb like place expensive runes into inferior stat combos, because youre basically guaranteeing you salvage it and never hold on to that wealth. the only gear cheap enough to really experiment with (rare) is very clearly inferior, so you can only get a general idea of how the build will perform at best, and all the builds that are really clearly OP as kitten have been eliminated over time so almost nothing performs very well in rare gear when compared to exotics. (apoth/settler perplexity warrior used to be ridiculous in rare gear for example, but now theres just been too many perplexity nerfs)

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Mourningcry.9428

As I said in response to another post, and noted by Aomine, sigil swapping would provide an economic imbalance in favor of Legendary over Ascended, which is not intended.

The cost of crafting 1 Legendary or n Ascended weapons is moot as it’s a sunk cost once the crafting is complete. The decision to do one over the other is a matter of opportunity cost – nothing more.

The variable cost of freely swapping sigils going forward is what will cause an economic imbalance/advantage.

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

@ Everyone who says “Legis are only supposed to be skins”. Show me the exact quote from ANet that says that.

“Legis are only supposed to be skins.” -Anet

Seems good enough for me.

Dragonax.6487

Stop pretending that you don’t know how big of the value for sigil swapping. The ability to make yourself efficient in every single situation, without sacrificing like 40 spaces or more, and without wasting time to buy sigils, without messing around with your inventory to find the appropriate weapons, is tremendous.

If you don’t think it’s a big deal, you people who wield the legendaries yourself wouldn’t have propose it so strongly. If you want to argue about the “skin” can only be applied to one legendary, then you should create 10 more ascended and make them all into your legendary skin, and add the appropriate sigils to them. And like I said, it’ll mess up the market again, and all legendary related materials will be doubled or tripled in price because legendaries become a must-have to everyone now.

Stop pretending that it’s not a big deal to you, you guys want to be stronger and more efficient than everyone else.

It’s not a big feature by any mean. To be honest, I strongly believe Legendary weapons need WAY more feature to deserve its current cost not just something as pathetically simple as this.

Sigil swapping doesn’t make legendary any stronger, only more convenient for those who are willing to pay 30 times more to have a pretty skin with EXACTLY the same level of strength as an ascended that any scrub can get with little effort, it’s UNFAIR. Now you have convinced me, it’s still definitely not worth it. Legendary also needs at least 5% more power over ascended, the ability to change weapon and aura’s color, a special sign on your name ( For ex: thunder for Bolt, black hole for Twilight ), better special effects for each skill….etc and I may consider them worth the CURRENT price.

Mourningcry.9428

It’s not a big feature by any mean. To be honest, I strongly believe Legendary weapons need WAY more feature to deserve its current cost not just something as pathetically simple as this.

Sigil swapping doesn’t make legendary any stronger, only more convenient for those who are willing to pay 30 times more to have a pretty skin with EXACTLY the same level of strength as an ascended that any scrub can get with little effort, it’s UNFAIR. Now you have convinced me, it’s still definitely not worth it. Legendary also needs at least 5% more power over ascended, the ability to change weapon and aura’s color, a special sign on your name ( For ex: thunder for Bolt, black hole for Twilight ), better special effects for each skill….etc and I may consider them worth the CURRENT price.

The price of Legendary weapons are determined exclusively by the player base. While you may not feel that their current incarnation justifies their current price, the market disagrees.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

The price of Legendary weapons are determined exclusively by the player base. While you may not feel that their current incarnation justifies their current price, the market disagrees.

The market on that score is really less a matter of “does the function justify the price” and more “how much gold can I squeeze out of someone desperate enough to avoid making one themselves”.

The reasons Legendaries are so expensive is greed, plain as the fat on a quaggan.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Mourningcry.9428

The market on that score is really less a matter of “does the function justify the price” and more “how much gold can I squeeze out of someone desperate enough to avoid making one themselves”.

The reasons Legendaries are so expensive is greed, plain as the fat on a quaggan.

The fact remains that there are players willing to pay those prices. Right, wrong or even why is irrelevant. Discussion around that is older than the BLTC sub-forum (now that it no longer exists).

But yes, in regard to functionality, it clearly not a driving factor – which further goes back to undermine the OPs stance that they require more functionality to justify their price, as it isn’t even really a factor with respect to price in the first place.

Posted by: Zention.1849

Zention.1849

That would be a great idea.

Your argument isn’t quite true. If Anet will introduce new weapons – legendaries will automatically be ‘buffed’ to provide the best game experience. Meaning: If a new weapon type e.g. – ‘epic gear’ will be introduced, which has better stats then current weapons. Legendaries will automatically be buffed giving the best game performance.

The reason for the high prizes is the inflation. Nothing more and nothing less. As players got used to the content, obtaining gold has become a lot easier over the last years.
The prizes are just that high because there are players around who will/would pay regardless of the cost.

That’s absolute kitten. If sigils swapping would be introduced the prizes wouldn’t sky rocket. They would get higher – respectively, but they wouldn’t get unaffordable.
Especially with the introduction of HoT, when getting a legendary isn’t longer playing the RNG.
Also, none of you know – myself included – what will be needed to craft the new legendaries. Still these matts can be obtained.

The current situation is. Legendaries don’t feel legendary at least not to me. It’s just a skin you’re paying for.
Swapping stats is nice, but not used that often.
I usually switch at world bosses and at different boss encounters.
It’s absolute kitten that players using legendaries with sigil swapping would be that much better. Also that wouldn’t change the game performance..In organized group runs, people have their sigils and food on demand – so I don’t see the point here.

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto

Tobias Trueflight.8350

But yes, in regard to functionality, it clearly not a driving factor – which further goes back to undermine the OPs stance that they require more functionality to justify their price, as it isn’t even really a factor with respect to price in the first place.

I already said it.

The idea of just being able to swap sigils on Legendaries is bro-ken. Not just broken, but bro-ken.

It’s a great and awesome possibility; and it would work fantastically towards giving them better/more functionality. But it’s absolutely not the right thing to let past the design and development stage. For numerous reasons.