[Suggestion] Less dresses, more pants!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mapisto.2154

Mapisto.2154

This is something that really bothers me in guild wars 2.
How come all (but one) medium coats are dresses? I mean, its not even practical…
Light armor leggings are mostly skirts.. Its kinda annoying when you play a male character.

I think they should make more slim looking armor, especially medium.
More shirt-like coats and more pants!
It is a “Pretty Princess” game after all… :P
What do you think?

Posted by: Keneth.6490

Keneth.6490

More pants, fewer trench coats, fewer skirts, and more miniskirts for light armors.

Yeah, believe it or not, this same argument has been brought up numerous times since the release, but whoever is designing armors seems fixated on trench coats, skirts, and stuff that’s on fire (literally).

Posted by: Tipsy.5802

Tipsy.5802

lesss of them all ! but seriously,One cool thing Wildstar has is that you can hide any armor piece,not only the helmet

Keneth.6490

I don’t think having people run around in their underwear is the vision Arenanet has for their game.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

How come all (but one) medium coats are dresses? I mean, its not even practical…
Light armor leggings are mostly skirts.. Its kinda annoying when you play a male character.

What do you think?

whoever is in charge of the costume design has a strong distaste for butts, male female or animal.
You are right there is only a handful of complete sets that dont have a skirt of some kind.

No let me be clear, i actually like skirts sometimes, but i also like not skirts sometimes, and for those times, your choices are few and far between

Posted by: Tipsy.5802

Tipsy.5802

I don’t think having people run around in their underwear is the vision Arenanet has for their game.

it suits the jungle theme xD

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

And you know people would do it. Even now you’ll find the occasional “naked” party.

I have to agree that medium armor is rather long-coat heavy. A few more options that just end at the waist would be nice, but the few new styles added seem to follow the norm. As for skirts vs pants, I haven’t noticed yet despite both my light classes being female (one is a charr, though). Still, trousers or even just tights under shorter skirts would be nice. Not every light profession needs to be in billowy clothing.

Mapisto.2154

What do you think?

whoever is in charge of the costume design has a strong distaste for butts, male female or animal.
You are right there is only a handful of complete sets that dont have a skirt of some kind.

No let me be clear, i actually like skirts sometimes, but i also like not skirts sometimes, and for those times, your choices are few and far between

He has a distaste for butts, but really likes cleavage… I don’t get it really xD

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

What do you think?

He has a distaste for butts, but really likes cleavage… I don’t get it really xD

perhaps he/she hates butts imprisoned by clothes, but they wont let him/her make butt cleavage items.
perhaps it is a blessing.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

We could always just take off our armor.

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

Judging by the starting light armor on norn/human females, I find this statement hard to believe.

Keneth.6490

Judging by the starting light armor on norn/human females, I find this statement hard to believe.

Skimpy clothing isn’t the same as no clothing.

Posted by: SirWarriant.2319

SirWarriant.2319

I agree completely op. I wish we had class specific armour sets also because majority of the armour in this, not as much the heavy but the medium and light is designed with only 1 class in mind imo. Majority of the medium armours don’t look good on anything but an engineer. I don’t want a bunch of thieves and rangers running around in these giant cumbersome trench coats. They are classes that should be lighter on their feet. Same thing with most of the light armour, majority look more appropriate for an elementalist, with almost none looking necromancer ish and only a few more looking good with mesmers. One of the things I liked best about Guild Wars 1 was each class felt alot more unique looks wise. You had Necromancers with their somewhat creepy posture and their armour, like scar patterns fit very well with the class. Assassins had their close fitting, not movement impairing armour in the slightest with knives and daggers and what not. Rangers had more rugged looking armour with only a few sets that had coats that went past their knees and even those aside from the Krytan set didn’t look nearly as cumbersome as the giant trenchcoats we have in this.

Ullr Thorgislwulf: 80 Ranger Yaks Bend sPvP & WvW
Eladan of Greenwood: 80 Ranger
Elemir Swiftblade: 80 Thief

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

While I agree (in general) that ANet doesn’t want people in undies, the comment was more in line of ‘how little do your clothes should cover before it stops mattering’?

Back on topic though, I am all for some pants. Medium armor has plenty of pants, but trench-coat tops. Light armor has plenty of tops, but skirts only. Heavy armor gets plate skirts as well. Silliness.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

What do you think?

perhaps he/she hates butts imprisoned by clothes, but they wont let him/her make butt cleavage items.

May I point you to the Embroidered pants? I see a butt crack on my female sylvari anyway, can’t remember if it’s the same for norn and human characters xD

I change looks often. I do like most of the armor designs, but more options are always better. I’d especially like more pants for light classes.

Posted by: Dulcinea.2640

Dulcinea.2640

I fully support the OP. We need more pants and fewer billowy clothing skins.

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

+1 to more pants for light and medium armour, but pleasepleaseplease without random patches of skin exposed for the female versions.
Every time I see the Priory light armour, I want to take the designer by the collar and shake them so, so hard. Male and female versions are literally identical, but the female top is missing pieces of fabric and it just makes no sense you are in the mountains why would you do that?!
…all right… breathe… it’s fine, plenty of options that do make sense…
That one still makes me mad every time I see it XD

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Yeah .. i really overuse the embroiderd pants for light armor, aetherblade pants
for heavy, and krytan or duellists chest for medium because of that

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Mapisto.2154

We could always just take off our armor.

I say, lets start a nude rebellion! WHO IS WITH ME?!

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Skimpy clothing isn’t the same as no clothing.

People in the Victorian age would have considered that starting armor to be the same as underwear. It’s all in what you grew up with and are used to seeing.

As to the topic of pants, after searching the wardrobe I found one solitary pair of pants for my Charr ele that didn’t have extra material hanging off it somewhere. It’s drab with no ornamentation but I’m sick of her running around with cloth hanging in front of her legs when she runs on all fours.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Put me down for more pants, please; as well as a hiatus for medium long coats and light skirts (until we kind of catch up).

Posted by: Blackmoon.6837

Blackmoon.6837

I disagree with OP, but only because I don’t believe the rational thing for Anet to do is to listen to us. We’re talking about a subject matter which varies so much, that perhaps an alternative approach would be best.

My suggestion is that Anet should separate all sets into three categories; skimpy, med show and full cover. At which point they can look at which categories need more to balance things out and then go from there. I think that’s the only way to be truly fair over people shouting on the forums etc.

Posted by: Arkinos.7245

Arkinos.7245

If you want slim looking medium armor take a look at glorious armor.

Remove the shoulders and the helmet and its quite the nice alternative to coat #237

Mapisto.2154

If you want slim looking medium armor take a look at glorious armor.

Remove the shoulders and the helmet and its quite the nice alternative to coat #237

Yep, glorious coat is indeed the type of coats this game need.
And as I said in the post all medium coats but one (glorious) are dresses.
It doesn’t make any sense to me.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Have you seen t3 human light armor?

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Many armors already have pants under the dress.

We would get lots of pants if we could hide the skirt and coat tail part of all those armors.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

but they wont let him/her make butt cleavage items.

Are you kidding? Ever saw Sayeh Al’rahjid’s butt cleavage?

Mapisto.2154

What do you think?

We didn’t ask for a butt cleavage legging. Just pants.

Posted by: poisonality.8972

poisonality.8972

pants, suits, leggings, yoga pants, big armors, tight fighting borderline naughty attire…yeah, we need more of all of it honestly

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I want more chest pieces like the medium Glorious Brigandine.

This is all I want from your designers. Tight fitted chest pieces with nothing hanging below the waist. I can actually see my awesome Arah pants naow, which are probably my favorite pants in the game but were always hidden by coats/skirts/buttcapes/etc. It’s a shame how long it took to make that possible.

Also, Armor like this will never have any clipping issues, or poor race scaling. You guys are always complaining about how hard it would be to add GW1 capes into the game because of clipping but you keep adding armor with coats and skirts that clip… so why isn’t this Medium “Glorious” style the primary focus?

Now I finally have exactly one option for decent chest armor.

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

We need more armor. All kinds (except trenchcoats.. we have trenchcoats and butt-capes coming out our ears!!!). More armor! More armor! More armor! (starting a chant and a wave.. who’s with me??!!!)

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Medium armor has TONS of pants. You just can’t see most of them because most of the TOPS are trench coats. That is what has to change. We need more shirts and jackets and vests and other short length tops. Not everything has to be some kind of coat, or have dangling flaps. Rangers and Thieves especially are pictured as needing to be mobile. You can’t tumble and roll and slink around with knee-length and longer leather dangling around your legs.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Mar.4839

Mar.4839

Also more thief-y looking hoods for medium armor.

Like seriously, where the heck is this armor set???!!?!

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

+1 to more pants for light and medium armour, but pleasepleaseplease without random patches of skin exposed for the female versions.

THIS x1000.

More pants, please. We’ve been asking since beta but maybe they’ll respond to us… eventually.