Suggestion: Let Us Deposit Random Clutter

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Omnipotent.5930

Omnipotent.5930

Dear Players: Do you feel like ANet pressures you to buy bank tabs and etc to manage your inventory? Or do you feel like ANet has actually given you adequate storage for basic accounts with no extra bank tabs or character slots?

Main Poll: http://strawpoll.me/7196991
Bank Tab Poll: http://strawpoll.me/7197000

Dear ArenaNet,

The solution to inventory management should never be,_ “Pay me more money!”_ With the inventory management system as it currently stands, I am once again very quickly losing interest in GW2.

As someone who has been playing games my entire life, I have come from a time when you could buy a game once and now you own everything related to the game. I bought GW2 back when it was released, and had always been a Guild Wars fan. Now with GW2 going F2P, things are completely different. Games with a F2P model with in-app purchases are made almost every day, and the money demand for these said games has skyrocketed drastically. It’s no secret to anyone that F2P games make more than P2P games. Just look at Maplestory.

That being said… While I do want to help support ArenaNet (Already donated over $200 and recruited four other people to play as well), there are some parts of this game that have been intentionally designed by the developers to be frustrating. It only takes a few weeks for any GW2 player to realize they can’t just hoard things and store them in the bank in a willy nilly way. Very quickly you begin to run out of room, and very quickly you begin to realize it’s all a joke, and the jokes on you. I can just picture the developers laughing at us all, knowing our attempts to store items are futile.

This leads us back to the beginning of my point, the main reason that they do this is so that players have to upgrade their bank slots, and then need to buy more material storage. And once that’s all filled up, they even need to buy more character slots just so you can transfer your bank onto the alt as a mule for items you can’t hold in your bank. Some players might even go through the process of sending items to friends through the mail, and having them resend it back to themselves. Before you know it, you’ve just spent $100 and you still haven’t gotten anywhere.

Why is this so price gougey? 700 gems for ONE (1) shared item slot? 600 gems for ONE (1) bag slot on just ONE (1) of your characters? The developers intentionally pigeonholed us into having to pay them to store basic gear and items. The fact of the matter is they don’t want you to be able to store your items. Not unless you cough up all of your money first.

For ANet, this is a golden strategy. Sell a game labeled as “Free to Play” when they already know the players that actually want to play the game will have to pay them money in order to progress. Without the extra characters or bank slots, you hit a point where you run out of space. There is just sooo much crap that it’s physically impossible for you to put them all in their own spot, and still have room for new items. Unless of course you pay2win and go onto the in-game store and drop $80 on storage slots. I might actually be be interested in doing that if I hadn’t already purchased the game without receiving anything in the first place. Why didn’t original GW2 owners get the cost of the game credited in gems to their accounts? Is ArenaNet seriously THAT greedy?

Dear ANet, please please PLEASE give us our bank and inventory space back. Let us store the useless crap that doesn’t stack or go anywhere until it’s used. Black Lion Ticket Scrap? Mordrem Thrasher Bladder Part? These should all be something that is deposited and stored when we click the, “Deposit All Materials” button. At the very least, there should be a different storage type that can contain the different scraps and parts that are part of the countless ‘collections’ that you folks at ANet love to make for us.

The fact that you give us all of these different parts that are so small and hard to keep track of, but then make it nearly impossible to store it all and keep it neat, is just screwed up. It’s like sending your kid off to build something, but then you don’t give him all of the parts unless he chooses to pay you for them. You knew we couldn’t do it, but you did it to us anyways.

Please ANet, give us our bank and inventory space back. Why do I need an entire bank tab filled with blueprints, boosters, doubloons, fragments, scraps, and ticket parts? Shouldn’t this just go into a collection somewhere? I get that you want to force us to buy inventory and bank tabs so that you can get money, but please throw us a bone here. The current bank does not make the cut. There is so much wasted space that I am pulling my hair out here.

This wasn’t really an issue two years ago, but the amount of content that has been added since the game was released makes inventory management impossible. It just simply doesn’t work. There’s too much crap! If I cannot pick up new items, it’s impossible to play the game.

Please ANet, throw us a bone here. You are single-handedly killing your own game.

Sincerely,

An Overly Optimistic Beta Tester

If we can put metals and vegetables into a collection, why can’t we put crafting components and other things into a collection? At the very least some of these things should go in our account wallets…

Items That Should Deposit: (Or at the very least get their own bank storage tab)

-Boosters (Magic Find Boosters, WvW Boosters, Speed Boosters, Celebration Boosters, etc)

-Merchant Express, Bank Access Express, Trading Post Express, Mystic Forge Stones, etc: (Black Lion Chest drops)

-Tomes of Knowledge, Writs of Experience, and Experience Scrolls

-Black Lion Claim Ticket Scraps

-Fractal Research Pages

-Agony Infusions

-WvW Blueprints (Catapults, Ballistas, Siege Golems, etc)

-Mordrem Organ Parts (Mordrem Thrasher Eye, Mordrem Husk Kidney, etc)

-Crafting Components (Vision Crystals, Inscriptions, Weapon parts, Armor parts, Cooking ingredients [like frosting and stuffing], etc)

-Parts That Need To Be Combined (Eg: Mawdrey Parts: Heart of the Destroyer, Box of Captured Light, Polarized Ley Line Infused Stone, etc)

-Anything like the items above that need to be combined with other items to produce a new item, should have a storage spot. (Eg: Gift of X, Vial of Mending Oasis Water, etc)

(edited by Omnipotent.5930)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Do you feel like ANet forces you to buy bank tabs and etc to manage your inventory? Or do you feel like ANet has actually given you adequate storage for basic accounts with no extra bank tabs or character slots?

We have plenty of room. People just need to take time to manage their inventory and stop hoarding stuff. I don’t feel forced to buy bank tabs — on my main account, I’ve got tons, but on my second, I have nothing extra and so I just get rid of stuff I’m not using ‘soon’.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Omnipotent.5930

First of all, thanks for the reply.

I don’t feel forced to buy bank tabs — on my main account, I’ve got tons, but on my second, I have nothing extra and so I just get rid of stuff I’m not using ‘soon’.

You say you don’t feel forced to buy more tabs. But you can store most of your things on your account with the “ton” of tabs you already have. And then you have a second account that can hold more.

Your solution to get a second account is one of the better ideas. But I don’t feel like that’s a permanent solution. I’m looking to improve the game as a whole, not circumvent it by creating alts.

To clarify… If you are playing this game with several accounts, that is not the same as playing this game without any extra bank tabs or slots. The fact that your first account is decked out with a ton of bank tabs pretty much coincides with my beliefs. You already shelled out the money because you felt it was necessary, otherwise you wouldn’t have all those slots.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I don’t feel forced to buy extra tabs. I’ve only got 3 bank tabs on my only account and I’ve yet to buy a single bag slot. And I got my 3rd tab when I bought the Ultimate Edition of HoT.

And I’m a hoarder.

Omnipotent.5930

Thanks for the reply, Seera.

I don’t feel forced to buy extra tabs. I’ve only got 3 bank tabs on my only account

And I’m a hoarder.

You still bought bank tabs though. My point with that was that the game becomes near impossible for F2P players at a certain point. There are all of these different items that have different parts and pieces that you have to combine for them to have any use at all.

Do you feel that you had adequate storage with just one bank tab? Try to put everything you have on those 3 tabs into one. What kinds of items do you feel could be simplified and dealt with better?

I feel like the list I came up with at the bottom of the first post hit a few of the key items that take up a lot more room than they really need to. It would really benefit all of the players if they could do this for us.

Back to the reason I posted this thread however…

I am asking to have some the items that are (seemingly) designed to clutter our bags be turned into wallet currencies and other items depositable, like Mini’s, Ores and other things.

I recall someone else bringing up how long it takes to manage your inventory in Diablo 3, and then comparing that to GW2. That alone speaks for itself.

The Black Lion Claim Ticket Scraps and Fractal Research Pages are a prime example of items that could easily be turned into a currency. They did it with the transmutation stones (PS: Thanks for doing that ) so it would be nice if they did it with those as well.

Boosts could be implemented into the menu(maybe even as a currency). I think I speak for more than just myself when I find myself in a situation where a boost might be useful, but it’s just sitting in my bank. Sure, it’s a quick portal and a quick grab. But if you hold onto a lot of them, they can fill up more than 1/3 of a tab on their on.

Seera.5916

I bought my first bank tab about 6 months before HoT was announced. 2 years after the game launched and I pre-ordered GW2 and played in the head start.

I bought another tab because of the convenience. I didn’t have to quell my hoarding tendencies (I don’t play WvW, never have, yet I keep WvW stuff that’s account bound). My main’s bag slots were my storage bin. I don’t have a mule character (never even bought an additional character slot in the gem store).

My friends in game told me I needed to buy another bank slot. I told them I was doing just fine with the one I had.

Maximum number of bank slots is 14, just so you know. 2 additional bank tabs out of the 13 additional you can buy is not an indication that the game forces you to buy bank tabs. I bought them because I decided I had gotten enough bang for my buck and decided to buy gems. And since I had gems I looked in the gem store and I bought things I decided would be useful or that I would like. A bank tab being one of them. I didn’t buy gems because I was tired of my main storing items.

Don’t tell me I bought a bank tab because the game forced me to. It didn’t.

Omnipotent.5930

Maximum number of bank slots is 14, just so you know. 2 additional bank tabs out of the 13 additional you can buy is not an indication that the game forces you to buy bank tabs.

I don’t believe I ever said that? Not really sure what you mean there. My question was whether or not the default bags and 1 bank tab was adequate. And then you proceeded to tell me about how its okay when you have 3 bank tabs.

It’s hilarious to me that so many people deny it when they themselves have bought extra storage. You’re totally missing the point. It may not force you, but it certainly pressures you to buy them. If you already bought bank tabs then you should understand what I am talking about.

When you are actively playing the game and working towards a goal; there are things like random items that build up and sit in your bank until you have gathered the entire set of items to combine, or X of the item. (Eg: Ticket Scraps)

How long have you been playing GW2? (Months since you joined, and overall hours in game [type /age to find out]) Do you have more than one level 80? Have you made a legendary, or started towards one? How many crafting skills have you leveled?

I have Meteorlogicus, 8 character slots, 4 bank tabs, every single craft to 400, some to 500, and 5 level 80’s. I totally still have trouble with storage. Here’s the inventory of my thief mule after 3 days of farming for example. He has no more space even though he is filled with 18 slot bags: http://puu.sh/nVmUh/596d7c9355.png

Are you telling me I should just be throwing it all away? That’s the solution? If you have some other special way of storing these things, by all means let me know. I’m getting the feeling you stick to just PvP.

I never said that, there’s no need to put words into my mouth. Please don’t take this like it’s a personal attack. My intent is to improve the game, not to insult people.

You didn’t really answer my questions earlier btw.

Do you feel that you had adequate storage with just one bank tab? … What kinds of items do you feel could be simplified and dealt with better?

I feel like the list I came up with at the bottom of the first post hit a few of the key items that take up a lot more room than they really need to. It would really benefit all of the players if they could do this for us.

Edit: I changed “force” to “pressure” in the question in the OP to better reflect the question I am asking.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Did you play Guild Wars? Did you purchase additional Storage Tabs there? If so, no surprise in GW2.

I have additional Bank Tabs, but purchased none with cash. The fact we can exchange in-game Gold for Gems relieves any ‘pressure’, unlike extra Storage in Guild Wars. If Gold is an issue, one might consider selling some of those ‘extra’ materials, valuable gear, etc.

I don’t think the Play4Free model targets inventory management, especially, but encourages players to purchase the game for many reasons. If I’m not mistaken, there isn’t any difference in the number of Bank Tabs between the two.

Good luck.

Posted by: Methods.4023

Methods.4023

So with no monthly fee how do you think they going to make money to pay for the cost to run the game? People like you make me laugh thinking everything should be free. This is part of the reason mmo’s as a whole are slowly dieing

Seera.5916

Maximum number of bank slots is 14, just so you know. 2 additional bank tabs out of the 13 additional you can buy is not an indication that the game forces you to buy bank tabs.

I don’t believe I ever said that? Not really sure what you mean there. My question was whether or not the default bags and 1 bank tab was adequate. And then you proceeded to tell me about how its okay when you have 3 bank tabs.

It’s hilarious to me that so many people deny it when they themselves have bought extra storage. You’re totally missing the point. It may not force you, but it certainly pressures you to buy them. If you already bought bank tabs then you should understand what I am talking about.

When you are actively playing the game and working towards a goal; there are things like random items that build up and sit in your bank until you have gathered the entire set of items to combine, or X of the item. (Eg: Ticket Scraps)

How long have you been playing GW2? (Months since you joined, and overall hours in game [type /age to find out]) Do you have more than one level 80? Have you made a legendary, or started towards one? How many crafting skills have you leveled?

I have Meteorlogicus, 8 character slots, 4 bank tabs, every single craft to 400, some to 500, and 5 level 80’s. I totally still have trouble with storage. Here’s the inventory of my thief mule after 3 days of farming for example. He has no more space even though he is filled with 18 slot bags: http://puu.sh/nVmUh/596d7c9355.png

Are you telling me I should just be throwing it all away? That’s the solution? If you have some other special way of storing these things, by all means let me know. I’m getting the feeling you stick to just PvP.

I never said that, there’s no need to put words into my mouth. Please don’t take this like it’s a personal attack. My intent is to improve the game, not to insult people.

You didn’t really answer my questions earlier btw.

Do you feel that you had adequate storage with just one bank tab? … What kinds of items do you feel could be simplified and dealt with better?

Edit: I changed “force” to “pressure” in the question in the OP to better reflect the question I am asking.

I didn’t feel any pressure to buy a bank tab. I was quite content with the 1 bank tab and the bag slots I had. And no mule characters. I bought a bank tab because I had gems laying around from when I bought them to support ANet. Because there was nothing else I wanted. Not because I felt pressure to buy a bank tab. And do not construe that to fit your agenda. I was not pressured in any way to buy a bank tab. Or whatever word you want to use next to tell me that I’m an example of your premise.

And maybe I didn’t say what could be done about the items because I do not feel that there is a problem to be fixed. And what problems there are with items that we pick up are not going to be fixed by your solution.

Omnipotent.5930

Hey there Cedo, thanks for the reply.

I have additional Bank Tabs, but purchased none with cash. The fact we can exchange in-game Gold for Gems relieves any ‘pressure’, unlike extra Storage in Guild Wars. If Gold is an issue, one might consider selling some of those ‘extra’ materials, valuable gear, etc.

I don’t think the Play4Free model targets inventory management, especially, but encourages players to purchase the game for many reasons. If I’m not mistaken, there isn’t any difference in the number of Bank Tabs between the two.

Good luck.

That is a very good point, and I am very grateful that they allow us to convert gold to gems. It hurts to have to convert an enormous sum of gold into gems with the conversion rates the way they are. Gold used to be easier to farm for everyone. Now dungeons only give 50 silver, and everyone just PvP’s with the top ‘meta’ builds, or does Fractals. It just feels like the developers shifted all of their attention elsewhere and stopped caring about a lot of the game they had originally focused so much attention on. :/

So with no monthly fee how do you think they going to make money to pay for the cost to run the game? People like you make me laugh thinking everything should be free. This is part of the reason mmo’s as a whole are slowly dieing

Hiya Methods, thanks for the reply.

You’re twisting my words there. I already said I am all for paying the developers and have supported them so. Please double check that you properly read the OP and don’t make those assumptions on what I said.

I never once said that everything should be free. Again, I have bought GW2 4 times (non-HoT) and recieved nothing for that. I haven’t complained about that at all either, they can have that money. My argument is that they pressure us to buy bank tabs by giving us these (seemingly intentional) ‘clutter items.’

All I am asking for is some of these ‘clutter items’ to be turned into currencies and depositable materials. I have had several friends lose interest just because of the bank. I wouldn’t be posting this if I was the only one having this problem.

Turn a character or two that you do not play on into a mule. It helps a lot with this problem.

Hey Dubstax, thanks for the reply.

Agreed, I did that with my Theif and gave him all 18 slot bags. SW chest farm for 3 days and he’s out of room.
http://puu.sh/nVmUh/596d7c9355.png

Now I’m doing the same on my Ranger, but it’s a stupid and inefficient way to do it. This is by no means an effective long-term solution.

Sure, we can circumvent their intentions by making new characters and different alt accounts to store our things on those… But does that actually sound like a long-term solution? Any time we’re out of storage space we just make a new account to store stuff on?

I for one think we shouldn’t need to have alts. But if thats what everyone else is doing I guess we may as well hop on the bandwagon.

I didn’t feel any pressure to buy a bank tab. I was quite content with the 1 bank tab and the bag slots I had. And no mule characters. I bought a bank tab because I had gems laying around from when I bought them to support ANet. Because there was nothing else I wanted. Not because I felt pressure to buy a bank tab. And do not construe that to fit your agenda. I was not pressured in any way to buy a bank tab. Or whatever word you want to use next to tell me that I’m an example of your premise.

And maybe I didn’t say what could be done about the items because I do not feel that there is a problem to be fixed. And what problems there are with items that we pick up are not going to be fixed by your solution.

Okay, so you’re +1 for doing nothing. I definitely understand that. You’ve also ignored every single question I asked you however… Can you at least answer one of my questions?

How long have you been playing this game? Because it sounds like you mainly use one character.

Seera.5916

Been playing since launch. I’ve got 6 characters. And I jump between them depending on what I want to do when I load the game. Currently, it’s map exploration on my Revenant. But after the April patch that changes things in HoT, I’ll likely switch to my Tempest and attempt the personal story again.

The only question I saw previously was what to do with the various items we get. And I answered you in my last response. Nothing, because there’s not a problem with the items you’ve listed.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Thanks for the reply, Seera.

I don’t feel forced to buy extra tabs. I’ve only got 3 bank tabs on my only account

And I’m a hoarder.

You still bought bank tabs though. My point with that was that the game becomes near impossible for F2P players at a certain point. There are all of these different items that have different parts and pieces that you have to combine for them to have any use at all.

1. It’s very manageable without many tabs.
2. So? They didn’t buy the game. I don’t really feel my heart going out to them about it.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Omnipotent.5930

Been playing since launch. I’ve got 6 characters. And I jump between them depending on what I want to do when I load the game. Currently, it’s map exploration on my Revenant. But after the April patch that changes things in HoT, I’ll likely switch to my Tempest and attempt the personal story again.

The only question I saw previously was what to do with the various items we get. And I answered you in my last response. Nothing, because there’s not a problem with the items you’ve listed.

Okay, that’s good. I’m glad to hear you’re not just playing one character. I am a little curious how your bank is setup though. I think you may find yourself having trouble more and more with storage as you start working towards a legendary, and start gearing out 4+ max level characters.

Hi there Saint, thanks for posting.

1. It’s very manageable without many tabs.
2. So? They didn’t buy the game. I don’t really feel my heart going out to them about it.

1. Sure Its managable without ’many tabs.’ But is it still managable with just _one_ tab?
2. Yeah I’d agree it’s not worth bending over backwards for the F2P players. But there comes a point where there’s too much. But people still want to be able to experience the full game. If they can’t experience it all then it’s more like a F2S (Free to Start), than a F2P (Free to play).

Like after you’ve got 2 sets of exotics and/or ascended on multiple characters with extra gear sitting in your bags for your other builds/abilties. The salvage kits, (which could also be implemented via the inventory menu) food, sharpening stones, and etc:. If you do WvW and do siege, that alone can take up quite 1/3+ of a bank tab with all the different weapons. Gift of X’s have no use until you assemble the entire set with the precursor, so those are also wasted spots.

This is 3/4 of my bank tabs and over 75% of it (probably more) could easily be in the materials collection. I mean Philospher’s stones? Proofs of heroics? The shimmering crystals and tenebrous crystals? (from guild hall gathering) When I click deposit all collectible’s I always wish those were included.

3/4 of my bank tabs: http://puu.sh/nWnng/5dceafbc8a.jpg
As you can see a lot of these items cannot be dealt with easily.

Bottom of DH’s Inventory: http://puu.sh/nWoLe/9ce66ed3a4.jpg - Keys like the ones in Red tend to fill spaces on all characters if you actually intend to play them in those areas. Other people have suggested a keyring before. It would be a much better solution and could also be one of the things people put on a shared inventory slot. So that’s more incentive for the shared inventory slot.

I’m sure to most of you this sounds like just another first world problem. And you’re not wrong there. But this is a first world company delivering content that’s supposed to be enjoyable. Knowing what I know after playing as much as I have, I kinda feel bad for all of the newbies that are just starting up expecting this to be free or cheap.

Also, they are apparently getting close to the point where they want to release another expansion already. This time I’m starting to wonder if I’ll actually be on that bandwagon or if that’s where I get off. It’s starting to look and feel just like WoW, and I wouldn’t touch that crap with a 10 foot pole. They’re introducing legendary armor, and the loot treadmill continues.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

So looking at your picture you posted:

The seige, you can have your guild store it, you don’t HAVE to, you are choosing to. It’s not really needed. All those boxes on tab 3, same deal, you don’t have to keep them, you are just choosing to. You could open them, and salvage the gear from it. But you are keeping them. The unused recipes, same, you can use them, or ditch them, no need to keep.

That’s 14 slots you are choosing to have, and it’s not “needed”.

15 slots: Black lion chests

16, 17: extra resources (the mithril and elder wood)

Now, I’m not saying you better get rid of it. What I am saying is, you are choosing to keep all of that. If you wanted to say they were forcing you to buy extra bank tabs, it’s not because of the game (since nothing I listed makes or breaks the game play for you personally), it’s not them forcing you, it’s your own hording habits not letting you get rid of materials you don’t need.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Seera.5916

Okay, that’s good. I’m glad to hear you’re not just playing one character. I am a little curious how your bank is setup though. I think you may find yourself having trouble more and more with storage as you start working towards a legendary, and start gearing out 4+ max level characters.

Start working toward a legendary? I’m well on my way to making a legendary, Meteorlogicus.

I’ve got all of the items that account bound on acquire except for the Icy Runestones. I still need some Orichalcum, a lot of Hardened Leather Sections, a lot of Charged Lodestones, a lot Crystalline dust, and a LOT of items for my precursor.

I’ll worry about ascended gear when my legendary is completed. I mostly play open world PvE. I don’t need ascended gear to be successful in the open world. And even then it wouldn’t break my bank to store the items necessary for that. I just don’t have the gold or the desire to farm the necessary items to do both at a decent pace.

Omnipotent.5930

The seige, you can have your guild store it, you don’t HAVE to, you are choosing to. It’s not really needed. All those boxes on tab 3, same deal, you don’t have to keep them, you are just choosing to. You could open them, and salvage the gear from it. But you are keeping them. The unused recipes, same, you can use them, or ditch them, no need to keep.

Now, I’m not saying you better get rid of it. What I am saying is, you are choosing to keep all of that. If you wanted to say they were forcing you to buy extra bank tabs, it’s not because of the game (since nothing I listed makes or breaks the game play for you personally), it’s not them forcing you, it’s your own hording habits not letting you get rid of materials you don’t need.

That siege equipment is for me, not my guild. I wouldn’t even be able to withdraw them. I’m not going to just give away my equipment when I was the one who bought them all. So yes, that storage actually is needed, and I do have to store it that way.

“all those boxes on tab 3” – There is only 4 boxes there, and I haven’t opened them for a reason. I open those on the characters I am leveling so that they can easily have rare gear when needed.

The black lion chests have value when you buy keys, so I don’t intend to sell those either.

The ‘extra resources’ are ones that I am capped on. I have 5 stacks of 250 mithril ingots sitting as a reply in my inbox, as well as my maximum of 750 mithril ore deposited (hence why its in also in my bank), and 1 or 2 incomplete stacks on 1 or 2 characters. So again you have misunderstood, and that’s not space I can free up. (Unless I just sell them for the gold, and I’m not that desperate)

So from your suggestions, that’s only 4 slots total that I can free up. Not 16 or 17.

Start working toward a legendary? I’m well on my way to making a legendary, Meteorlogicus.

I’ve got all of the items that account bound on acquire except for the Icy Runestones. I still need some Orichalcum, a lot of Hardened Leather Sections, a lot of Charged Lodestones, a lot Crystalline dust, and a LOT of items for my precursor.

Nice, that’s great, congrats. Just a headsup though, the precursor is harder to get than the materials. It’s more than half the battle.

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

..But those are all choices that you’ve made, based on the way you like to play. You are not required to keep your siege blueprints in your bank. You could very easily move that to your main WvW character and free up those bank tabs for other items.

Similarly, BL chests are supremely cheap on the trading post, and keeping a stack of them in your bank is unnecessary. That, again, is a choice you’ve decided to make because you prefer to hang onto them. Many players, on the other hand, will sell their BL chests to free up inventory space, and instead simply repurchase them from the trading post when they decide to buy BL keys (and yes, there is a slight loss here, but the loss is minimal, likely less than 1 silver). Would you hoard Aetherkeys that you acquired through the course of playing, taking up one or two additional slots for them? Or would you instead sell them as the relative junk they are, and repurchase them just before you decide to run the Aetherpath in Twilight Arbor?

The same can be said of many other items in your bank tabs. The upgrade items in the third tab are also extremely cheap to purchase directly from the trading post, and dumping those will free up several more slots. The plethora of boosters you have could be converted, for a small fee, to two neat stacks, freeing up 5 or 6 more slots. The materials (wood/ore) you have in your bank tabs, as well as your mail, can be crafted down into their refined forms, too.

There are many ways to manage inventory and items you’d like to hoard. Take this from a person who hoards countless useless soulbound trinkets simply for the sake of nostalgia. I hold onto those things because I choose to, and because that’s what I like to do, just as you like to organize your bank tabs and inventory the way you do.

It all comes down to personal preference. I’m sorry to say, but you aren’t entitled to anything, here.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

My main account has bought two extra bank tabs; the second one was only bought a few months ago. My second account hasn’t ever bought any additional bank tabs. Honestly, I’ve never felt pressured to buy more bank tabs. Anytime I have bought them it was a case of “Well, I have a lot of gems, and I don’t see any shinies I want; I might as well get a bank tab”.

I do agree that some things should have their own deposit slot (doubloons, black lion tickets/scraps, blade shards, etc.). However, I don’t feel like Anet is stingy with inventory or bank space, either. If you’re a hoarder, then you’re going to need more space. If you’re not, you won’t need more.

Seera.5916

That siege equipment is for me, not my guild. I wouldn’t even be able to withdraw them. I’m not going to just give away my equipment when I was the one who bought them all. So yes, that storage actually is needed, and I do have to store it that way.

“all those boxes on tab 3” – There is only 4 boxes there, and I haven’t opened them for a reason. I open those on the characters I am leveling so that they can easily have rare gear when needed.

The black lion chests have value when you buy keys, so I don’t intend to sell those either.

The ‘extra resources’ are ones that I am capped on. I have 5 stacks of 250 mithril ingots sitting as a reply in my inbox, as well as my maximum of 750 mithril ore deposited (hence why its in also in my bank), and 1 or 2 incomplete stacks on 1 or 2 characters. So again you have misunderstood, and that’s not space I can free up. (Unless I just sell them for the gold, and I’m not that desperate)

So from your suggestions, that’s only 4 slots total that I can free up. Not 16 or 17.

Nice, that’s great, congrats. Just a headsup though, the precursor is harder to get than the materials. It’s more than half the battle.

Well aware of that. I did my research before starting.

Posted by: Nezuralli.2794

Nezuralli.2794

I was pretty lucky to buy enough extra character slots at the launch of the game when the exchange rate of gold to gems was much better. So now I have enough slots for one of each class and one extra. The extra I use entirely as a second bank and loaded it up with 20-slot bags and have never felt pressured to cough up money. You are right that all of the slot upgrade stuff is prohibitively expensive if you were to try to trade gold for them.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

You make the mistake of not condensing the ascended materials into their refined form and/or not feeding the Eaters.

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

NO ONE is forcing you to hold on to useless kitten like bladder parts, doubloons, etc. Your bank tabs being crammed full is no ones fault but your own. Anet gives you plenty of bag slots and bank tabs and material storage, more than enough for any normal player who can figure out the concept of prioritizing. Sell the stuff you dont need. Stop hoarding things for no other reason than “maybe someday Ill want X”. Especially stop hoarding things like mordrem body parts that require exactly ten seconds to go get another one of, in the off chance you DO need one later.