[Suggestion] Level 80 Boost From ToKs

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

First off, well done on the level 80 boost. It is straight forward and clean way to level versus having to double click 78 ToKs to create a new toon to 80 and go through all the new player experience clicks required to open all the side bits. For any alt-o-holic this can be a time consuming process and a screen dazzle to anyone nearby as you quick click thru 78 screen flashes.

Though I realize that this is a marketing item now that it is on the gem store, which I do support, I still think there should be way to convert to one of these in game via ToKs.

This could be done via a Mystic Forge recipe for one stack-able level 80 booster:

• 250 ToKs
  • 25 Globs of Ectoplasm
  • Siege Master’s Guide
  • Anthology of Hero’s

Note this is a compromise since it is a gem store item which. Since a player would just need 78 if they choose to go this route they can but at the higher cost of a stack of ToKs and 20 extra spirit shards.

Pros for Anet and players:

• More convenient item for insta-leveling new alts
  • Removes excess currency from game
  • Reduces items stored inventory for both player and for server resources
  • Removes either material or coin from game which helps health of economy
  • Gives player choices, buy from store, pay the price in clicks & time via ToKs or spend more in game currency and create and insta-80 item

I know some people may feel that 250 ToKs for one level 80 is high but again, trying to balance the ease of use the level 80 booster is versus the clicks/time of 78 ToKs is and account for it being a gem store item.

Thanks for reading. Good gaming!

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Dont see them doing this, there is really no reason to.

If you dont want to click 78 times then buy the black lion booster.

Edit
What they could do would be a consume all option.
So you just eat up as much tomes as you split up, but that would eat into their profits aswell.

Posted by: Epphyx.5078

Epphyx.5078

You seem to think a lvl 80 booster only get you to level 80.
But it also gives you some exotic equipment…