Suggestion: Luck Eater

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

We have got an eater of bloodstone dust, Empyreal, and Dragonite. What about an Eater of luck? Maybe what it is, is a bad tempered or bad luck monster that eats luck and you have a chance (like all the others) at something good within.

Posted by: Rayden.3695

Rayden.3695

“something good” lol, but anyways. Seems highly improbable because people who play a lot have an abundance of bloodstone dust, dragonite ore and empyreal fragments, so it’s understandable that anet made a gizmo to get rid of some of it. The odds of enough players with 300% mf, which is the cap, is so small atm there’s really no incentive for the devs to implement such a device

Do note that this is just my personal opinion in the matter.

Posted by: UnfairOphelia.9763

UnfairOphelia.9763

They did introduce a luck eater – the Guild Hall. To expand the hall itself, you need 777 of those 200 luck essences.

Scribe and Executive Officer of Sognatori di Tramonto [DRMS] on Fort Aspenwood.
A proud altaholic and cartographer.

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

You know past 225% luck it takes over 250 of those exotic lucks to get 1% of magic find? Still their are not enough people with max luck to require a luck eater. What would you get from one anyways? I mean ~10luck from a blue, ~30 from a green, and ~100 from ecto ( never worth salvaging for luck). If their was a luck eater it should give exotic/unique equipment or higher.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Yes please….

Attachments:

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I could use a gold eater.

I have so much of that stuff because its so easy to come by and i have very little to spend it on.
It would be great to be able to feed it a couple of hundred gold every day and get account bound mats and currencies in return.

Attachments:

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

I have so much of that stuff because its so easy to come by and i have very little to spend it on.
It would be great to be able to feed it a couple of gold every day and get account bound mats and currencies in return.

I’ll be your gold eater SRS. In return, I would be your slave.

Wanze.8410

It would be great to be able to feed it a couple of gold every day and get account bound mats and currencies in return.

Players as gold eaters arent good for me because i can only send 500g per week, thats only ~25k gold per year i can get rid of that way. And everybody who offered me this, couldnt keep up their end of the bargain because when i told them to send me account bound mats and tokens in return, they didnt.

Slaves defeat their purpose of existance, if they can simply refuse to do what they are told.

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

Players as gold eaters arent good for me because i can only send 500g per week, thats only ~25k gold per year i can get rid of that way. And everybody who offered me this, couldnt keep up their end of the bargain because when i told them to send me account bound mats and tokens in return, they didnt.

Slaves defeat their purpose of existance, if they can simply refuse to do what they are told.

Yeah, I won’t be your slave. But I WOULD spend your gold.

I’m totally fine if you send me only 500 gold per week.

;)

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

OK WOW that’s a lot of gold. Last time I checked I had about 100 gold. 2nd, I’ll also be your gold eater.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Thing about this is that the players that have maxed mf most likely made a lot of profit from the mass salvaging they did to get their mf maxed. Most player did not do that and thus did not profit from it. Also they have benefited from having that mf high since then with better drops. So why should there be something for those who profited early to profit later as well?

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

It would be great to be able to feed it a couple of hundred gold every day and get account bound mats and currencies in return.

You need to issue 6-month bonds. I’d buy them .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Pug.9784

Pug.9784

Have read somewhere on here, in an post, that even though luck appears to stop at 300 it does continue up…

Copied from GW2 Wiki post
After reaching 300% magic find bonus, the bar will turn green. Luck will continue to accumulate up to 472,510. It is important to note that Essence of Luck can still be consumed after this point, essentially wasting the item.

Dont know If I will reach 472,000 in my lifetime but what a naff system that stops before it stops (assume there’s no extra bonus’s after 300).

Personally… I feel that if a player achieves that figure Anet should them GIVE them a “luck eater” as a “Thank you for playing with us so long” gift…. not gonna hold my breath on that one though…..

Posted by: Barinthus.8347

Barinthus.8347

Yeah, I won’t be your slave. But I WOULD spend your gold.

I’m totally fine if you send me only 500 gold per week.

;)

O_o 500g a week!?!? It took me like 2 or 3 years to just get 500g. I feel so depressed.

Seeking Deaf Players. People who don’t use voice software welcome too!

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

You could always just buy stacks of the very expensive materials like ascended stuff and send them in the mailings instead. XD

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Wanze.8410

You could always just buy stacks of the very expensive materials like ascended stuff and send them in the mailings instead. XD

OK, will do, once you figured out how to send me the account bound mats.

Posted by: shaquinna.2869

shaquinna.2869

You just made me set a new goal for myself…..

Evanny
[EU] Piken Square
Representing: ‘The Only One’ [One]

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

We have got an eater of bloodstone dust, Empyreal, and Dragonite. What about an Eater of luck? Maybe what it is, is a bad tempered or bad luck monster that eats luck and you have a chance (like all the others) at something good within.

It’s been suggested before (there have been some productive and some, let’s say less constructive threads recently). It’s tricky for ANet because they created Luck with the idea that (most) people would take years and years to max Magic Find and they never wanted to make people feel forced to do that. So the rewards can’t be too valuable or even include the chance at “something good”.

On the other hand, there are increasing numbers of people who are at max (or near max), for a variety of reasons and it’s never good to leave people feeling that the only alternatives are hoarding or deleting.

So what sort of uses fit these two requirements:

• Alternative use that has some value to those with max MF (via luck).
  • Should not increase the incentive to max MF, i.e. should not pressure people to grind.

One idea I’ve had (for using XP after maxing masteries) is to convert it to small amounts of unrefined ascended mats. Nearly everyone has too many dragonite, bloodstone, or empyreal, but lots of people are short on one of the three, because they spend less time in the parts of the game that generate that mat. What if you could convert excess luck (or XP)? It would have some utility, but at 16-20s/stack using one of the eaters, it’s not something that will make people feel forced to max out luck (or masteries).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Wanze.8410

It’s been suggested before (there have been some productive and some, let’s say less constructive threads recently). It’s tricky for ANet because they created Luck with the idea that (most) people would take years and years to max Magic Find and they never wanted to make people feel forced to do that. So the rewards can’t be too valuable or even include the chance at “something good”.

On the other hand, there are increasing numbers of people who are at max (or near max), for a variety of reasons and it’s never good to leave people feeling that the only alternatives are hoarding or deleting.

So what sort of uses fit these two requirements:

• Alternative use that has some value to those with max MF (via luck).
  • Should not increase the incentive to max MF, i.e. should not pressure people to grind.

One idea I’ve had (for using XP after maxing masteries) is to convert it to small amounts of unrefined ascended mats. Nearly everyone has too many dragonite, bloodstone, or empyreal, but lots of people are short on one of the three, because they spend less time in the parts of the game that generate that mat. What if you could convert excess luck (or XP)? It would have some utility, but at 16-20s/stack using one of the eaters, it’s not something that will make people feel forced to max out luck (or masteries).

Swim boosters.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I volunteer to be your ‘luck eater’. You can donate your luck and I will give you random trash and a blue and a green. Just like Mawdrey, Princess and the Star do.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Have people utilize account bound mats to produce tradable goods for you at a discount.

For example, ran in to an unprecedented bloodstone dust issue when doing a mine upgrade the other day. Amazingly, I didn’t have enough dust to make the required bricks, due to eating it all.

So what I did was compensated others for their obsidian and dust, and provided the thermocats.

Maybe employ people to produce tradable ascended materials. Since these materials require account bound mats and daily cooldowns, you could probably get mileage out of your gold beyond just buying those mats outright. I’m sure many people would be interested in taking your tradable mats and a small commission in return for their daily crafting cooldown and account bound mats.

Basically, you have enough seed capital to establish a labor market. Start a guild for it, you can use the logs to track deposits and payout accordingly, using either mail or a specific guild bank page for the source mats. Your laborers get a cheap way to level ascended crafting for themselves while making a little extra coin, and you get market-advantage on acquisition cost for ascended mats which you can resell, since you’re not stuck paying full markup?

I suppose it all depends on what exactly it is you’re after that you can’t buy directly already. In most cases people want account bound stuff specifically to produce a tradable end result. In your case you’ve obviously got a ton of money from your crazy econ skills and need… something… for some purpose. There’s got to be a way to codify that labor market.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)