[Suggestion] Make ALL Torso Armor Hide-Able

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

Since helm, gloves, and shoulders all have a hide option now… why not just make shirts hide-able too?

Please?

i think it will be a good idea, i have a norn warrior and i always thought it will look more savage and barbaric in his bare chest like the mossman form fractals. Also in some models and arts of gw1 norns where showing thier chest too.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/d/db/Norn_concept_art_4.jpg
http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/6/6a/%22Norns%22_concept_art.jpg
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Norn_guard_m.jpg
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/e/ef/The_Mossman.jpg

I think it would be an excelent idea for some character conecpts

I could care less about the skimpiness or whatnot.

However, I’d be more than happy to see more of my Charr’s awesome fur pattern and the torso area does provide the most of it. It’s such that makes most Charr unique from each other besides armor after all, that and such detail is a shame to cover up.

This is actually a good idea, but as posters above me said, it should be for male and female characters.

Not trying to say it just for people to be skimpy, but norn could show off theyre tattoos, charr could show off their stripes and actually go supersaiyan with that new hairdo.
As long as the characters are wearing something underneath their armor, theres not a problem with this idea.

While were talking cosmetic changes, why not get rid of transmutation charges instead of punishing people who want to change clothes on the go? I mean they did it with trait points, and if they really need the money that bad they could just do the boxed expansion idea that everybody is already ready to throw $40 down on ( playable quaggans and kodans pls ). Being able to dye weapons would also be a neat idea but some weapons are just lame recolored versions of other weapons so that might upset people.

Going back on topic, this idea should have been implimented already. If the reason people have a problem with it would be because of people making female characters and wearing no clothes, all i have to say is its a legit strategy! Especially when playing as a skimpy female character gives you the advantage of distracting your opponant! Who would be able to combat you when they dont even have theyre hands on the controls?! Perfect legit strategy.

(edited by Gryphon.2875)

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Because armor is there to protect. If you dont want to see armor unequip it.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

I’m against making an option only apply to characters of one sex.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

Hide-able boots and pants first. For everyone.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

male characters wear a singular undergarment from the waist down..
i think it’s only fair the female avatars have this aswell..
y’know, cuz fairness

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: thangard.7618

thangard.7618

i think it will be a good idea, i have a norn warrior and i always thought it will look more savage and barbaric in his bare chest like the mossman form fractals. Also in some models and arts of gw1 norns where showing thier chest too.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/d/db/Norn_concept_art_4.jpg
http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/6/6a/%22Norns%22_concept_art.jpg
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Norn_guard_m.jpg
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/e/ef/The_Mossman.jpg

I think it would be an excelent idea for some character conecpts

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

the norn are wearing skimpy armor pieces in those concept arts
Try gladiator set for example

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I have a better suggestion: More skimpy armor for male. Less skimpy armor for female.

It’s a win-win.

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

I have a better suggestion: More skimpy armor for male. Less skimpy armor for female.

It’s a win-win.

Alternative suggestions does not make it a better one.

How about Equal amounts of skimpy armour on both sides instead of doing more for one than the other/less for one side than the other?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’d like to see a “barely there” set of armor (or 2) in each weight class. Then we can use the wardrobe to mix and match them with other sets as we see fit.

I figure this is more likely than a “hide armor” toggle for the main body, both because there will still be “something” there, and because armor toggles don’t generate gem sales.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Gryphon.2875

Well, we definitely need more skimpy options for males, regardless. It should be balanced between the genders. So far, unless you’re a Norn, there’s really only two heavy armor torso’s that are skimpy. One covers the arms, the other the shoulders. Not good enough. :-P The Gem Store ones is just a re-skin of another one already in game, with flames animation. Light really only has one that shows the chest, and that’s just barely, at least in PvE. (Again the Gem Store one is a reskin + flames.) Norns have a few more options, but I prefer humans.

I miss the Scar and Tatoo armors from GW1.

We need more skimpy variety!

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Every time a thread like this pops up and somebody says “less skimpy armor for females,” I’m forced to wonder if they’re playing the same game as me.

I mean, I guess if you play nothing but light armor classes, you might get kind of a distorted picture? Most of the “skimpy” stuff is light armor shirts. Even most light armor pants (cough… I mean, victorian skirts) cover just about everything. Medium armor is 90% long coats and long pants. And heavy is 90% steel leggings and mail shirts.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

I could care less about the skimpiness or whatnot.

However, I’d be more than happy to see more of my Charr’s awesome fur pattern and the torso area does provide the most of it. It’s such that makes most Charr unique from each other besides armor after all, that and such detail is a shame to cover up.

Duty is heavier than death.

Posted by: nymshade.5178

nymshade.5178

This is actually a good idea, but as posters above me said, it should be for male and female characters.

Not trying to say it just for people to be skimpy, but norn could show off theyre tattoos, charr could show off their stripes and actually go supersaiyan with that new hairdo.
As long as the characters are wearing something underneath their armor, theres not a problem with this idea.

While were talking cosmetic changes, why not get rid of transmutation charges instead of punishing people who want to change clothes on the go? I mean they did it with trait points, and if they really need the money that bad they could just do the boxed expansion idea that everybody is already ready to throw $40 down on ( playable quaggans and kodans pls ). Being able to dye weapons would also be a neat idea but some weapons are just lame recolored versions of other weapons so that might upset people.

Going back on topic, this idea should have been implimented already. If the reason people have a problem with it would be because of people making female characters and wearing no clothes, all i have to say is its a legit strategy! Especially when playing as a skimpy female character gives you the advantage of distracting your opponant! Who would be able to combat you when they dont even have theyre hands on the controls?! Perfect legit strategy.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Every time a thread like this pops up and somebody says “less skimpy armor for females,” I’m forced to wonder if they’re playing the same game as me.

Every now and then I get the urge to gripe about skimpy heavy armor for female characters, but realize it’s a skewed perception created by the fact the heavy armors I would like to use the most on my female guardian (Phalanx and Grasping Dead) happen to be the few that look nothing like the male version.

So while it’s only 18% of heavy norn female that are skimpy, 100% of the sets I find the most appealing are skimpy. My only options are to just give up on those sets or shell out gems for a name change and makeover kit.

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

you can already have armour like that…

heres my norn

Attachments:

Gryphon.2875

Males and Females, yeah. But, yes, it should have been added as a checkable / uncheckable option when they added the option for arms. I changed the title and my OP.

(edited by Gryphon.2875)

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Hide all.

I want to streak through Tyria like the merry nudist I wish I was.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Every now and then I get the urge to gripe about skimpy heavy armor for female characters, but realize it’s a skewed perception created by the fact the heavy armors I would like to use the most on my female guardian (Phalanx and Grasping Dead) happen to be the few that look nothing like the male version.

So while it’s only 18% of heavy norn female that are skimpy, 100% of the sets I find the most appealing are skimpy. My only options are to just give up on those sets or shell out gems for a name change and makeover kit.

That’s understandable. Thanks for being honest about it.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Jairyn.6913

Jairyn.6913

I just want some skimpy armor options for male avatars. I can’t even find one that bares my arms. Especially something like a more cutaway version of masquerade armor, sophisticated/skimpy.

Equal representation and more options/customization the ftw!

Gryphon.2875

I just want some skimpy armor options for male avatars. I can’t even find one that bares my arms. Especially something like a more cutaway version of masquerade armor, sophisticated/skimpy.

Yeah that’s my gripe with the torso of the Pit Fighter. Yeah it shows the chest and back pretty well, but it hides the arms. PLUS it’s ONLY heavy… which makes no sense… There’s no Light armor more skimpy than a HEAVY one?

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Yeah that’s my gripe with the torso of the Pit Fighter. Yeah it shows the chest and back pretty well, but it hides the arms. PLUS it’s ONLY heavy… which makes no sense… There’s no Light armor more skimpy than a HEAVY one?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Feathered_armor

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Gryphon.2875

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Feathered_armor

Yes, thank you for proving my point. That covers much more than the heavy one.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Someone not familiar with Tattoos in GW1.

I suggest Tattoo “skins” ala GW1.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: FoxClubNiner.3510

FoxClubNiner.3510

I’d like my Charr to have whitey-tighty underwear, knee high white socks, and Tiva sandals. Does that mean I’ll get it? Probably not.

Gryphon.2875

Someone not familiar with Tattoos in GW1.

I suggest Tattoo “skins” ala GW1.

And Scars, yes, yes yes yes.

Posted by: Siesta.3867

Siesta.3867

google Tribal Armor Set for light armor classes
tho the armors are gone for good

but yea Id like to see some kittenty male characters walking on the street

Siesta.3867

lol kittenty really?

kitteny ty

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

you can already have armour like that…

heres my norn

holy kitten you look creepy

Gryphon.2875

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tribal_armor

“Pieces of this set were unlocked through the previous structured PvP reward system. Players cannot currently obtain it.”

I’d love to know if and when they’ll make it available for PvE.

Siesta.3867

Siesta.3867:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tribal_armor

“Pieces of this set were unlocked through the previous structured PvP reward system. Players cannot currently obtain it.”

I’d love to know if and when they’ll make it available for PvE.

the whole set could be obtained b4 the April Patch from sPVP (only if your pvp rank 30+)

now its gone for good, trust me. not even from pvp
I personally sent tons of emails to Anet, and submitted thousands of tickets to ask them bring it back but neh.. they decided to either ignore me or dismiss me with ‘I don’t know when will it come back’

so… yea you know, they don’t give a sh**

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

but…to those espousing tribal…it’s light only. That’s a pretty hefty limitation.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Hide-able everything. The only epic thing that old MMO Runes of Magic featured.

Never seen another MMO do that.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

this is dumb, just cuz those others are hideable others should be too. no. deal with it.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

this is dumb, just cuz those others are hideable others should be too. no. deal with it.

But that’s exactly what it means, silly.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

It’s a win-win.

I’m in favour of this. Reverse sexism FTW!

Gryphon.2875

Hide-able everything. The only epic thing that old MMO Runes of Magic featured.

Never seen another MMO do that.

That would be awesome, but let’s start with shirts! :-)