in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

forum bug still exist after 5 years

Suggestion: Make Multi-Guild Optional

Posted by: The Path Finder.3197

The Path Finder.3197

Become a better leader and fix your superiority complex and you won’t have a problem with people not representing your guild.

That’s not what it’s about, at all. I’d prefer if a person leaves fully than staying for free training, items and other perks and then spending time playing with his friends in a prior Guild/instead of developing friends in the Guild he’s using services from. I’d prefer to recruit a player that is Guildless and if he’s not into one community-then he’s welcome to leave to a Guild that likes splitting up into multi guilding system.

How about fix your entitlement complex and let a Guild leader decide their own terms as to how they wish to spend their time to people. Since my suggestion was not a mandatory across the board one but opt in/opt out suggestion.

Preference – get it? Not everyone is the same, stop forcing methods onto people and allow people to associate with the style they wish to play and setup they wish to join-that was the plan behind multi Guilding-but it excluded the other side of the coin’s community.

The only thing an automated tool for a 100% rep Guild or semi-allied Guild, will do is help them with admin. That is all. These Guilds exist and there are many. The less admin there is there more time can be spent towards gaming.

Your main Guild might be a Raid only Guild, or WvW only because they’re small and have a small team. Larger Guilds might find tools helpful – especially if they’re doing all the game areas and doing them well. It is just preferred not to spend time on people who are in an only half foot in a way, since it is the leader’s time, and officers and fellow members, for example, spending time with them to train them up.

One of the other Guild leaders on here has a 100% rep Guild, his played since the start and tried all the other ways of running a Guild- He agrees he preffered a 100% method works best for him and his members.

Who are you to decide how people should play? Force your way onto them?

If a person registers a Guild charter it is only them in it, they then define what they wish to create and recruit like-minded people who believe in that way of management.

No one is saying to take away multi Guilding as mandatory. No, rather have a dual Guild system where the public can decide if they want to join multi Guilds or solo Guilds/with options to ally with Guilds and grant exemptions to players.

I take for example Fractals-there is meta builds and same with Raid teams and some Guilds prefer strict structure whiles others don’t. Its the players choice who he wants to join.

What’s wrong with choice, and giving a Guild leader also one?

Aurora Glade Guild Leader:
PvP | WvW |PvE/Raids |And More!
https://www.guardiansofthedarkmelody.com

Posted by: Emmalouise.1763

Emmalouise.1763

You asked ""What if, Guild leaders have the ability to tick a box allowing or disallowing members to multi Guild?""

Here’s my stance on this.

I have my main guild, my personal guild, a friends guild and a raid group guild.

I prefer to be committed to one guild and contribute only to that guild. I am a 100% repper, but at the same time I require a guild to be just as giving back. The guild I am in makes its own content, keeps us involved and is big and small enough to have a nice family atmosphere but remain active.

But at the same time I wouldn’t want to be restricted to one guild, my personal guild has old friends in there and the thought of not being able to have it is odd.

If a guild is having problems keeping members and having people be loyal they need to look at themselves and work out why, its not the freedom of choice that’s doing it as am a member of 4 guilds but main rep 1.

there are most likely loads like me, and you would be missing out on those people. just because we are in more than 1 guild, doesn’t make us less loyal to our main.

www.girlgamerchronicles.com

(edited by Emmalouise.1763)

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

What you’re asking for isn’t true loyalty – its the ability to force people to be exclusive to your guild.

Loyalty to a guild is shown through active support of that guild – helping with upgrades, placing hall decorations, participating in guild activities, etc.

Requiring 100% representation is completely at the discretion of the guild leader, but – if you are going to take that drastic measure, it falls to you to establish a monitoring system and punishments for players that break your rules and rewards for those that are completely loyal.

I’ve been leading a fairly large and very active guild for years. They best way to build loyalty among members is to earn it. In my guild, what we did was create a small council of leaders who are responsible for coming up with and leading fun activities throughout the week -spanning across open world, raids, wvw, pvp and others. By giving the members a reason to be online and doing things with the guild, they are more apt to support the guild when needed – as they did last week when we asked for gold to purchase a custom pvp arena specifically for testing beta elite specs this past weekend.

So to repeat and summarize – a 100% rep button isn’t needed and wouldn’t be an indicator of guild loyalty anyway. If you earn member loyalty, they will be there when the guild needs them.

The Path Finder.3197

What you’re asking for isn’t true loyalty – its the ability to force people to be exclusive to your guild.

Loyalty to a guild is shown through active support of that guild – helping with upgrades, placing hall decorations, participating in guild activities, etc.

Requiring 100% representation is completely at the discretion of the guild leader, but – if you are going to take that drastic measure, it falls to you to establish a monitoring system and punishments for players that break your rules and rewards for those that are completely loyal.

I’ve been leading a fairly large and very active guild for years. They best way to build loyalty among members is to earn it. In my guild, what we did was create a small council of leaders who are responsible for coming up with and leading fun activities throughout the week -spanning across open world, raids, wvw, pvp and others. By giving the members a reason to be online and doing things with the guild, they are more apt to support the guild when needed – as they did last week when we asked for gold to purchase a custom pvp arena specifically for testing beta elite specs this past weekend.

So to repeat and summarize – a 100% rep button isn’t needed and wouldn’t be an indicator of guild loyalty anyway. If you earn member loyalty, they will be there when the guild needs them.

That makes sense.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

My vote is “No”, as a former leader and current member.

I’d even go so far as to make it against the ToS for a guild leader to require 100% rep, as I find the concept patently offensive in a “play how you want” game, as well as being an antique leftover from the bygone age of single guild games.

If you want loyalty, make a good guild and people will WANT to rep it. If you have to demand it, you’re not running a good guild.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Become a better leader and fix your superiority complex and you won’t have a problem with people not representing your guild.

That’s not what it’s about, at all. I’d prefer if a person leaves fully than staying for free training, items and other perks and then spending time playing with his friends in a prior Guild/instead of developing friends in the Guild he’s using services from. I’d prefer to recruit a player that is Guildless and if he’s not into one community-then he’s welcome to leave to a Guild that likes splitting up into multi guilding system.

How about fix your entitlement complex and let a Guild leader decide their own terms as to how they wish to spend their time to people. Since my suggestion was not a mandatory across the board one but opt in/opt out suggestion.

Preference – get it? Not everyone is the same, stop forcing methods onto people and allow people to associate with the style they wish to play and setup they wish to join-that was the plan behind multi Guilding-but it excluded the other side of the coin’s community.

The only thing an automated tool for a 100% rep Guild or semi-allied Guild, will do is help them with admin. That is all. These Guilds exist and there are many. The less admin there is there more time can be spent towards gaming.

Your main Guild might be a Raid only Guild, or WvW only because they’re small and have a small team. Larger Guilds might find tools helpful – especially if they’re doing all the game areas and doing them well. It is just preferred not to spend time on people who are in an only half foot in a way, since it is the leader’s time, and officers and fellow members, for example, spending time with them to train them up.

One of the other Guild leaders on here has a 100% rep Guild, his played since the start and tried all the other ways of running a Guild- He agrees he preffered a 100% method works best for him and his members.

Who are you to decide how people should play? Force your way onto them?

If a person registers a Guild charter it is only them in it, they then define what they wish to create and recruit like-minded people who believe in that way of management.

No one is saying to take away multi Guilding as mandatory. No, rather have a dual Guild system where the public can decide if they want to join multi Guilds or solo Guilds/with options to ally with Guilds and grant exemptions to players.

I take for example Fractals-there is meta builds and same with Raid teams and some Guilds prefer strict structure whiles others don’t. Its the players choice who he wants to join.

What’s wrong with choice, and giving a Guild leader also one?

Because the choice you want gives a bad first impression of the guild leader and by extension the guild. Not saying that you are distrusting or an extreme control freak, but that’s my first impression.

And I’d rather guilds not give bad first impressions.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

My vote is “No”, as a former leader and current member.

I’d even go so far as to make it against the ToS for a guild leader to require 100% rep, as I find the concept patently offensive in a “play how you want” game, as well as being an antique leftover from the bygone age of single guild games.

If you want loyalty, make a good guild and people will WANT to rep it. If you have to demand it, you’re not running a good guild.

I wouldn’t say it’s against the TOS for either what’s suggested or for 100% rep guilds. I’m sure the OP would let his recruits know of the one guild policy and I’m sure most guilds do let members know about the rep requirements of their guild.

Some people don’t want to be in multiple guilds so 100% rep guilds or 1 guild only guilds would fit them just fine for their playstyle.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

@The Path Finder.3197

That isn’t the issue man. Your issue is with the cross chat features and having members spreading their attentions thus you wonder if this player using your guild as a tool or actually contributing something. Socializing also become a questionable topic. What you can only do now is to kick people out who apparently sucking your guild dry. Anet not gonna change how guild is now, the most you can do is oppose any suggestion that involve increasing the total joinable guilds to more than 5.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

The Path Finder.3197

@The Path Finder.3197

That isn’t the issue man. Your issue is with the cross chat features and having members spreading their attentions thus you wonder if this player using your guild as a tool or actually contributing something. Socializing also becomes a questionable topic. What you can only do now is to kick people out who apparently sucking your guild dry. Anet not gonna change how guild is now, the most you can do is oppose any suggestion that involves increasing the total joinable guilds to more than 5.

It’s ok I kind of agree with everyone’s points of views. I will just keep my Guild small, close-knit group of friends, who share in the concept. Simple can be done with the present system. I’m tired of this up hill battle

I came to GW2 recently and only realized late how badly the multi Guild system affects social and team building in starter guilds. So I figured out to keep it small and just roll with it.

I’m restarting my Guild with the input I read here and I thank you for your input, at sometimes harsh inputs.

Yes, the cross chat is the problem, since the focus is what is important and you can be the best guild leader(not saying I am, I;m pretty average) but you can’t really get their attention to begin with if they’re focused in other Guilds. (They do not even see your chats)

I don;t want to compete that way with the large established guilds with max level halls, and leaders, it sucks for startups.

I’d like a Guild where friendships form and people level together, do dungeons together and develop into wvw, fractal, raiders and pvpers and keep together. That is all. But if you are in other guilds you will make friendships there to regardless of quality of the guilds. Thus you will spend time criss crossing, and focus split. Some people like that, but even as a player before I even made a Guild I hated that in Guilds in GW2. I am used to other MMOs but I love the other Elements of GW2.

So I decided to make a Guild now for the niche players, not seeking multi Guilds and willing to help grow their fellow guildies, to help carry them or otherwise they can’t Raid if they don’t grow the Raider… (instead of shopping around if the going gets tough or hop ship – A great guild is not just 1 person its the player base too, one for all and all for one.)

I will just live with the present system, and make it work within it.

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

I think having a click option would make it easier for Guilds decide how they want to roll, as opposed to kicking or demoting people for being a part of another guild to try and force them to rep more.

Truth be told, I always had at least 2 guilds, one for WvW and one for PvE, and wile I did PvE things with my WvW guild, the guildleader of my PvE focused guild was on another sever so.. I never joined them.

if my PvE guild made it a 100% rep, I would have dropped them in a heartbeat and found another PvE guild. Nothing against them personally, but, they were great people, I was just not going to jump servers or any of that to be in a PvE guild.

my WvW guild fully understood that to get a larger take of players to PvE with that I joined a ‘Mege-Server’ guild, so they din’t have any issues with my doing fractals or dungeons or world bosses with a different tag. But when I logged into WvW. I repped my WvW guild. It was that simple or me.

I get what people are saying about a 100% guild, just saying that due to the way the game modes are setup, i’s not going to be easy to pull it off.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

The Path Finder.3197

I think having a click option would make it easier for Guilds decide how they want to roll, as opposed to kicking or demoting people for being a part of another guild to try and force them to rep more.

Truth be told, I always had at least 2 guilds, one for WvW and one for PvE, and wile I did PvE things with my WvW guild, the guildleader of my PvE focused guild was on another sever so.. I never joined them.

if my PvE guild made it a 100% rep, I would have dropped them in a heartbeat and found another PvE guild. Nothing against them personally, but, they were great people, I was just not going to jump servers or any of that to be in a PvE guild.

my WvW guild fully understood that to get a larger take of players to PvE with that I joined a ‘Mege-Server’ guild, so they din’t have any issues with my doing fractals or dungeons or world bosses with a different tag. But when I logged into WvW. I repped my WvW guild. It was that simple or me.

I get what people are saying about a 100% guild, just saying that due to the way the game modes are setup, i’s not going to be easy to pull it off.

I solved this, server problem thing. I don’t recruit people who do not have the free transfer option. Free to play player get it when they buy the game, and if a person spends long enough time they can save up to transfer to their fav Guild.

My target players are free to play and pre-lv80 with the transfer option or based on my Guild’s server. I recruit from the bottom up and it takes MUCH longer to do, but it is worth it when building a WvW Guild, that also intends to do PvE/PvP together and then higher content later on.

Other Guild’s have diff foundations and setup and thus can not modify themselves without destroying their culture. Which is not being debated, the option to convert a Guild is not the main idea. The main idea is for new Guilds to either choose to be multi or not and having a choice as to how they want to structure. It will give rise to many forms of Guilds.

Most of these big multi national Guilds just mass recruit, and do not spend time developing players shoulder to shoulder in Dungeons, taking them on quest and adventure, helping them on heropoint runs or helping them when they get stuck in storyline or achievement stuff. Nor do they take time to teach each Fractal instance, or each Raid boss, or help with builds, or PvP training etc…

Guilds only do that in a scattered way in niches, one raids, one pvp, one wvw. Why even have the option to do all upgrades then anyway if their intent was never to have a Guild that could do everything.

I also think it’s silly for players to dictate the rule of a guild to a guild leader instead of the other way around. The Guild leader gets to decide the rules and how he wants to run things, if people do not like it – they have the full right to start their own Guild and see if they like it.

I don’t go to London or china or USA and tell them how their laws should work. With guilds theres no democracy, a Guild leader is like a King of lands or closer to it and people are not born or forced to live there… they choose freely to do so, because they like the leader, they like his system/or rules and player base. It is simple. Some people hate guilds and just li to solo, some people like various ways of doing things.

I just wish there was more interface functionality for it.

PS: I like pineapple on my pizza.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

If you want to run a guild that is 100% rep, boot anyone not repping, which can easily be seen in the members list.

Refusing people access to other communities just to try and inflate your kitten seems absurd to me. If you want people to be loyal to your guild, put the effort in to making your guild worth repping all the time, instead of removing people’s choices.

I for one would never join a guild with that sort of mindset

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I’d like a Guild where friendships form and people level together, do dungeons together and develop into wvw, fractal, raiders and pvpers and keep together. That is all. But if you are in other guilds you will make friendships there to regardless of quality of the guilds. Thus you will spend time criss crossing, and focus split. Some people like that, but even as a player before I even made a Guild I hated that in Guilds in GW2. I am used to other MMOs but I love the other Elements of GW2.

I am active in 3 guilds, I have friends in all of them. do regular events with all of them and am proud to be a part of all of them.

Make your guild welcoming, pleasant to be in and enjoyable to chat to, and friendships will form, content can be done together and your guild will grow with members loyal to it. You don’t need to be the only guild someone is a part of to be a hub for their friendships and interpersonal development, you just need to run a good guild.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

I am sorry but what you said don’t make sense. PvE is not server base so why is there a need for you to change server?

Yes, I understand. When anet introduce cross-chat, I already know it will makes new startup guild’s life really difficult in the long run. All large guilds need to do is to reaffirm their stand and be more strict on their monitoring to filter undesirable player, it is extra works which require officers to help out with but is fine since they already have the resources built up from the comfortable pre-hot days.

As for startup guild, they need to compete against the already established sphere of influence of many different guilds and not only that, also against other similar startup guilds. To be clear, there are plenty of startup guilds that fall from the pressure of the competitions, one really need to spend a lot of efforts to run a successful social plus more kind of guild in this game.

There was a few times when people asked for more than 5 guilds in the forums, I find that absurd and the people I talk with ingame (not in my guild) too find that 5 guilds is more than enough. People just have no idea how hard to start a new guild and keep it going now thus they always give irresponsible advises.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

I am sorry but what you said don’t make sense. PvE is not server base so why is there a need for you to change server?

That is exactly why I had a WvW guild and a PvE guild.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

But, there is no reason to ‘jump servers to be in a PvE Guild’, as all PvE maps are shared. A player can reside on a different server and still rep 100% if they so choose. The only thing that servers affect is WvW.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

But, there is no reason to ‘jump servers to be in a PvE Guild’, as all PvE maps are shared. A player can reside on a different server and still rep 100% if they so choose. The only thing that servers affect is WvW.

The guy above had a PvE guild (on a different server than him) and a WvW guild. He was saying that if his PvE guild required 100% rep which forced him to drop his WvW guild, then in order to continue to do WvW with his PvE guild he’d have to swap servers, or drop the PvE guild.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hmm. I didn’t get that from the post. He said his PvE Guild was on another server, so he never joined them.

But, whatever. It doesn’t matter, really. Just offering the information that one needs not be on the same server to join, or participate, in a PvE Guild. Except for one Guild, which isn’t ‘based’ on my server, I have no idea which servers the Guilds I belong to are on, lol.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Hmm. I didn’t get that from the post. He said his PvE Guild was on another server, so he never joined them.

But, whatever. It doesn’t matter, really. Just offering the information that one needs not be on the same server to join, or participate, in a PvE Guild. Except for one Guild, which isn’t ‘based’ on my server, I have no idea which servers the Guilds I belong to are on, lol.

Yah, he said

(Snip)

if my PvE guild made it a 100% rep, I would have dropped them in a heartbeat and found another PvE guild. Nothing against them personally, but, they were great people, I was just not going to jump servers or any of that to be in a PvE guild.(Snip)

I’m pretty sure he meant that he never joined the PvE guild in WvW because they were on another server. Not that he never joined his PvE guild at all for anything.

ANet may give it to you.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Oh, cool. Glad it all worked out.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I am guild leader of The Descendants of Gwen [Gwen], We have 200 members, 50 very active, 87 have been on-line in the last week. We allow members to be member of several guilds.

I am surprised by the hatred against the idea of OP to give guild leaders the ability to tick a box allowing or disallowing members to multi Guild? It would just be an option available to the guild leader, not something that should be mandatory.

ArenaNet did not make a lot of QoL improvements to guilds in the last five years. The improvements to guild chat were good, but beyond that little has been done. The tools available to a guild leader to administer a guild are poor. The attention ArenaNet recently has given to guilds is almost non-existent.

I welcome any discussion about guilds here on the forum. Anything that makes ArenaNet realizes guilds still exist and are in need of some care. Maybe this idea isn’t great, but the hatred I see in this topic is not justified.

So you train a guy and he leaves the guild instead. They can still leave, after all. It accomplishes nothing. My way, sometimes they still play with me

Posted by: polarbear.2497

polarbear.2497

Become a better leader and fix your superiority complex and you wont have problem with people not representing your guild.

100% Agree

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Let’s say I’m in another guild, a pvp guild, and I want to join a more all-around guild that has that option checked. What happens then?

If you add an option that limits which players can join your guild, then effectively you remove a huge segment of the playerbase from potential guild members. I don’t think that’s a very good idea, especially for smaller guilds. Someone could join a larger guild for the guild hall benefits, then join a smaller one to be with a more closed group doing dungeons, fractals, raids, pvp or rp.

The Path Finder.3197

Let’s say I’m in another guild, a pvp guild, and I want to join a more all-around guild that has that option checked. What happens then?

If you add an option that limits which players can join your guild, then effectively you remove a huge segment of the player base from potential guild members. I don’t think that’s a very good idea, especially for smaller guilds. Someone could join a larger guild for the guild hall benefits, then join a smaller one to be with a more closed group doing dungeons, fractals, raids, pvp or rp.

Atm, there’s not a system where Guilds list or advertise themselves in the game for people to browse through, with a rating by its players and scoring.

If there was it makes it much easier for a player to go and choose what he prefers. So from a player’s perspective, that be great. (If he was completely Guildless.)

A player who only has a PvP Guild, wanting to get into an all Rounder Guild that only allows their Guild as the sole Guild, will need to choose then when he applies or gets invited to them, his icon in the roster will be yellow indicating a conflict. Then an exception could be granted to him, written in his note as to why and the system will only allow that PvP Guild of his. If he joins up with another Guild, he turns to yellow-so the officer can talk to him asking why, he can either get another exemption, a warning to drop that Guild or kicked if he so wants to be with another Guild – and not spend time helping to make his present Guild good.

So at least the Guild leader knows your situation then.

But from a Recruiter’s perspective, I’d say they need to focus on “new players” not “stealing/or soliciting other guild’s” players. Which will be both good for Guilds overall, since people do tend to go for “potential” of having greener grass if presented with it rather than sticking out helping to mow the lawn and help water it to be of equal green grass quality.

But that’s not the point, the point is for smaller Guilds to have a reason to flourish when they do not even have a Guild hall yet. To perhaps cap large Guilds at 1000 players. So that they don’t just keep on gobbling up the smaller Guild’s potential players.

Then to bring back Guild vs Guild PvP and allow 5 man PvP Guild teams and Guilds earning points. To not make it so the teams need to attend. Like the league for single players 1-2 its now 1-5 and the team can earn a badge to display.

Same with WvW – a player could earn rep with the Guild and obtain Guild armors or Badges that they can only wear if repping their main wvw Guild they earned it through, the armor will be of normal ascended stats and it’s just the skin that changes. The better quality the skin the more experience on the field the player could be recognized for just a novelty perk.

There needs to be some form of risk of losing when you leave a Guild but also reward for staying with one.

I’d say that Guild roster size should be tied to its upgrades as well. And yes, big good guilds will get full after a while and maintain quality then, but can multi guild if they want up to 5 guilds, so a max of 5000 players is possible if they’re insane enough.

Now players will be forced to either start or join smaller Guilds (if multi type guilds are full) and help them grow. They can start their own multi or allied guilds or closed guilds.

Perhaps the member’s time/contributions and other things can be tracked so that if a Guild removes them… the leader would also take a loss be it in the Guilds scoring or placement on the advertisement system.

But keep in mind, there will still be multi Guilds, so closed Guilds vs open Guilds thus creating a real “Guild War” not recruitment war lol, and if Guilds can take each other on, in 5v5s etc, and have wvw stats tracked.

And the Guild you’re presently repping – if it has a wvw base, to have a NPC scout announce to the guild(for those who track it) to notify them it’s under siege, to log in and go defend.

I also think “big” blobs of invaders should be scaled somehow vs tower or castles as it takes forever to build them up but it is so easy just to capture them. I think it should be harder to capture bases.

I think rewards should come more from killing players, but super rewards from bases(that were made harder to capture)

Just my 2cents

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

Several people have said that’s a terrible idea. I disagree it’s just a silly idea. Why would Anet go to the trouble of reducing player choices just to satisfy a sick desire to control. There are some lessons that could to be learned; loyalty and respect are earned not enforced.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I am surprised by the hatred against the idea of OP to give guild leaders the ability to tick a box allowing or disallowing members to multi Guild? It would just be an option available to the guild leader, not something that should be mandatory.

Here’s the objection. Were ANet to adopt the suggestion, they would be giving control over a feature that is part of another person’s account, to you, or any guild leader who would use the option. While I would just not join any guild that would so restrict me, there would be plenty of people who would join, then get angry. Guess who’d get the complaints? Hint, it would not be you.

Just a flesh wound.3589

How would such a thing even work? Would it go into your account and kick you out of all your other guilds? Would it have a block that doesn’t let you join unless you drop every guild you’re a member of? What about people with bank guilds? If they’re kicked out of their bank guild then there is going to be a lot of unhappy people. If the guild leader accidentally kicks someone out of their bank guild filled with items and it’s unrecoverable will the guild leader pay the guild member back for both items and the loss of the bank guild?

Edit: this could also be used to grief others. Let’s say it’s a guild with a restricted guild option, however bank guilds are allowed. If people fight and one wants to punish the other, or the guild leader’s account is logged onto by someone else then this feature could be used to kick people from their bank guilds, which may be unrecoverable.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

By enforcing a 100% representation with technical means, you take away any freedom of choice of your guild members. You also show distrust with your guild members. If they want to be part of the guild, they will contribute voluntarily and represent voluntarily.

Forbidding people to look into chats of multiple guilds – I feel drama here. But it’s the personal choice of every player with whom he wants to communicate. It is not the right of a guild leader to forbid players to communicate with someone else.

In our guild we give complete freedom. If someone joins, he may represent us or not. We ask that he does if he participates in guild activity, but it’s always his choice. The player is more important than the guild. The most important thing is that he has fun. We woo him, but if he has more fun in another guild, he is always free to play with and represent that other guild. If he never again represents us and plays in the context of our guild, we usually kick him. He already left us weeks ago by choosing to exclusively play with that other guild. That’s fine, he found his place. No need to force players into one guild only and try to bond him. No need to forbid players to look beyond his own nose. It does no good to the player.

You can set a 100% representation policy as rule in your guild, but enforcing this with technical means does no good. If someone chooses to represent a guild 100%, he does this voluntarily and proudly. If you enforce with technical restriction, you take away this pride.