[Suggestion] Make SAB unlocks account wide

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

With SAB probably returning soon, I would really like to ask to make the unlocks (upgraded coin pouch, weapons, etc) acc wide.

Would be nice to be able to play SAB with new characters without having to get all the unlocks again.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Is there really any benefit to playing SAB on more than one character? As far as I know all the chests are once per day per account, and it’d mean passing continue coins, baubles etc. between characters.

Since your level, profession, race etc. doesn’t matter it seems like it’d make more sense to just stick to one character.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

SAB, currently most likely the only thing that could make me become active for a while again, if Anet would make World 1 &2 with its Hard Mode permanent accessible finally, and would brign with the next return finally also World 3 to explore as new content.

God, then I’d have again a reason to play nights through while being the whole night in SAB hunting for the very last hidden buubles of a map th get the maps achievement for collecting all bubbles …

god if i remember myself just back on the crazy search I did to help finding the last bubbules in world 2-3 at the tiem, when therre was no complete guide for this on dulfy & co and was just searchign for it ingame for 12 hours without a single break in a row through the whole night- I felt like being in some kind of “exhilaration” for finding all of them and hoping to be one of the first who finds them all xD

God, that was a crazy day lol.

I’d surely find it could, if all SAB Stuff could become accountbound, so that we can play SAb freely with any of our characters we like and not just only the character with that we started SAB first and made all the progress in it .

Not that it matters really much, but it would be a nice little QoL so that you aren’t forced anymore to switch to a specific character just to have the upgraded items in SAB from the first character with that you unlocked the stuff.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Is there really any benefit to playing SAB on more than one character? As far as I know all the chests are once per day per account, and it’d mean passing continue coins, baubles etc. between characters.

Since your level, profession, race etc. doesn’t matter it seems like it’d make more sense to just stick to one character.

The change would not to play on more than one character, just to be able to play with any character you want.

So if you have a new main, and you like to play only one character, you can get into SAB and play from where you were before without having to get upgrades again.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i think character bound progress adds to the nostalgic charm. it certainly is somewhat an outdated concept but… well… i have about 20 toons and have fully upgraded maybe 10 of them just for fun. its cheap relative to the amount of bobbles/coinz you can get so it doesnt really take away much from the guild hall stuff to deck out more toons. i look forward to unlocking my other toons as well, because its an excuse/purpose to be in sab more.

plus it gives purpose to some of the more out-of-the-way areas that youd never normally pass by but add to the depth of the world. most dungeons in all games lack a certain sandboxyness that sab has, and thats cuz you can choose to go to certain parts that are open in all runs or you can choose to speed through for a different goal, but all the possible goals feel very valid and purposeful.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

I would love to see the progress become account-wide. Last time I played SAB on my warrior… but now I have a SAB-themed thief who uses Super weapons, so I’d love to pick that one to play it

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

wrong

your race does matter^^
It can make precise jumping easier/harder

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Suggestion: delete SAB and all it’s annoying minis

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

Suggestion 1: delete any player who makes the above suggestion.
Suggestion 2: empty recycle bin soon after finishing suggestion 1.