[Suggestion] Make skins salvagable

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ghatzuma.5192

Ghatzuma.5192

When you buy a skin from gemstore (Zodiac, etc.) or in game, say in WvW from the armorsmith, you have paid not only for the skin but for an embedded transmutation charge: if you use the skin, you can apply the skin to another armorpiece/weapon with no transmutation cost.

So, at least I tend to hold on to these skins for the time I want to use them, which means inventory space is wasted on account bound stuff that may not get used for a while. On armor skins in particular you may not use the whole set, but just few pieces and the rest will just sit there in the inventory/bank.

Wouldn’t it be great if you could salvage these skins to get the transmutation charge that’s inherently in them and open up some space in your storage?

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

+1 from me. I have so many skins in my bank haha

Posted by: ShadowKatt.6804

ShadowKatt.6804

+1
oh please oh please oh please….

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

That would actually be an awesome feature.
I mean, sometimes you just can`t put a certain skin you recieved on your character, because it just clashes with your aesthetics (which happens with a lot of backpieces to be honest)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Salvaging skins (in general) for charges isn’t likely to happen. For gem store armors sure, but there’s cheap skins that would greatly devalue transmutation charges if they were salvageable.

The other option is: let skins be stored in the wardrobe. If I have a skin, why can’t I store it in the wardrobe and give that specific skin 1 free use. Depending on how they implemented the infinite use flag, they may be able to easily add a stack count.

Posted by: Ghatzuma.5192

Ghatzuma.5192

Salvaging skins (in general) for charges isn’t likely to happen. For gem store armors sure, but there’s cheap skins that would greatly devalue transmutation charges if they were salvageable.

The other option is: let skins be stored in the wardrobe. If I have a skin, why can’t I store it in the wardrobe and give that specific skin 1 free use. Depending on how they implemented the infinite use flag, they may be able to easily add a stack count.

I’m fine for this even in some limited form, as long as you get something back, at this point I’m so close to just destroying a whole bunch of space hogging skins!

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Oh yes. +12345
/Charrs

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

I think we are mostly talking about gemstore and LS reward skins.