Suggestion: Makeover in Hero Panel

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ronah Lynda.2496

Ronah Lynda.2496

It would be nice if we would be able to change our looks from the Hero panel.
So, under the Equipment, Dyes, Wardrobe, there could be a new tab called Makeover
In there we can preview all the changes like when using the Total Makeover Kit
Transform the TMK into Makeover Charges

NOTE: They don’t need to redesign the hero panel, but just open the make over window from a link in the Hero panel tab “Makeover”

(edited by Ronah Lynda.2496)

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

So, under the Equipment, Dyes, Wardrobe, there could be a new tab called Makeover

WHAT? Then we couldn’t buy gems to pay for doing this. Pure blasphemy. {:-þ

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

+1
I support this request.

I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase “charges” (or whatever) to make frequent changes to my appearance. If charges are priced like current Transmutation Charges then I would welcome them and buy them often.

As it is currently, needing to spend far too much for a single kit to make a single adjustment to my appearance causes me to not purchase any.

If I were charged on a per-feature-adjustment basis, I would make changes and tweaks constantly. This ‘fee per adjustment’ plan would result in plenty of appearance charges being used. Spending a ton of gems for a full kit just to tweak the color of my sylvari’s glow so it will match her new armor color scheme…no thanks, not buying those. I’d rather make a new character than buy a kit to tweak one small detail on an existing one.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Ronah Lynda.2496

WHAT? Then we couldn’t buy gems to pay for doing this. Pure blasphemy. {:-þ

Sure, you could. You need to buy makeover charges to change the looks like you need to buy the Total Make over kit now just to see what they have added new in there
Personally I have 1 make over kit in my bank and every time they say they added new faces or hair styles i go and check them out.
I only used the kit once and after that i have bought one just to have a preview.
I am not sure how many people buy the kit now just to have a preview of the new aditions

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

+1

This is an amazing idea!

Ronah Lynda.2496

+1
I support this request.

I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase “charges” (or whatever) to make frequent changes to my appearance. If charges are priced like current Transmutation Charges then I would welcome them and buy them often.

As it is currently, needing to spend far too much for a single kit to make a single adjustment to my appearance causes me to not purchase any.

If I were charged on a per-feature-adjustment basis, I would make changes and tweaks constantly. This ‘fee per adjustment’ plan would result in plenty of appearance charges being used. Spending a ton of gems for a full kit just to tweak the color of my sylvari’s glow so it will match her new armor color scheme…no thanks, not buying those. I’d rather make a new character than buy a kit to tweak one small detail on an existing one.

Yes, this is what i wanted to say. makeover charges are priced like the transmutation charges are now and will be used for feature types. if I remember correctly, we have genre (make/female), body features (height, weight, skin, tattoos) head (hair, face, details). they could sue 1 charge for each type

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Added a summary and link to your thread in the BLTC sub-forum’s “List Of Things We Want In Gemstore” thread.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: METALROCKS.6097

METALROCKS.6097

i still prefer the older way were we simply could play around with it without getting charged for. the stuff i bought and equipped my character with was part of the game that made it fun. i always like to buy new coats for my female sylvari that match my level so as weaponry but no, now we have to pay for it to wear them.

generally the whole changes they have made are for the worse.

Posted by: apocalyps.7106

apocalyps.7106

i still prefer the older way were we simply could play around with it without getting charged for. the stuff i bought and equipped my character with was part of the game that made it fun. i always like to buy new coats for my female sylvari that match my level so as weaponry but no, now we have to pay for it to wear them.

no you don’t
you can still buy new armor with gold and equip it even if u have the skin unlocked

Posted by: METALROCKS.6097

METALROCKS.6097

no you don’t
you can still buy new armor with gold and equip it even if u have the skin unlocked

so you are telling me that if i buy armor i have to pay with gold, i dont have to pay real money equip it?

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

+1 to the thread concept. It’s a logical progression that would make those purchases more appealing/tempting.

no you don’t

so you are telling me that if i buy armor i have to pay with gold, i dont have to pay real money equip it?

That’s right. You can equip things freely. You have to use transmute charges to change the appearance of the items.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

another +1 from me. Being able to preview changes this way would make me much more likely to want to buy appearance changes. Especially when new options are added to the gem store – this way I could have a look at them and see if I want them!

And if the ‘premium’ gem store faces/hairstyles etc want to be kept higher value than the original ones, they could cost more in appearance charges / gems.

Posted by: crizpynutz.9062

crizpynutz.9062

I like it a lot! I would call the panel Appearance though and the charges would be a la carte depending on what you want to change. Great idea.

Ronah Lynda.2496

The wardrobe is a bit confusing. They should have called it Unlocked Skins so people know it is about appearance and not equipment

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Yeah, the cost of makeover and hairstyle kits is a bit prohibitive. I sometimes feel like the gem<=>gold conversion, and the resulting economic meta game could have been avoided if some items could be obtained with either gold or gems, and others with gems only. I’d much rather if cosmetic services like these existed primarily as a gold sink.