[Suggestion] Making the HI Worthwhile

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Black Dragon.1504

Black Dragon.1504

With Home Portal Stones now available in the Gem Store, I feel that this is a good opportunity for ANet to give users a more enticing reason to purchase them seeing as Home Instances are not in a good place at the moment.

Personally for me, all I would need are:
-Crafting stations
-Armour repair
-A Black Lion Merchant?

How about everyone else?
(Besides trophies/housing – since that has been discussed already in other threads)

Thread-killer extraordinaire

(edited by Black Dragon.1504)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, if I were to have Crafting Stations, I would want them all because between all my characters, I have all 8 disciplines.

But, I don’t really care if Crafting Stations are in the Home Instance. I only go to the Home Instance to gather mats from the Nodes there. /shrug

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

You can change your professions whenever you want, so having only 2 in there is pointless..

Black Dragon.1504

You can change your professions whenever you want, so having only 2 in there is pointless..

The idea is that it would change to whatever your character has – so if you changed weaponsmithing to armoursmithing the crafting station would change appropriately.

Unless you can still do weaponsmithing once you have changed to armoursmithing, then having all stations would make sense. (I’ve never changed professions myself)

And my mistake, you can have up to three now via gemstore.

Black Dragon.1504

Well, if I were to have Crafting Stations, I would want them all because between all my characters, I have all 8 disciplines.

But, I don’t really care if Crafting Stations are in the Home Instance. I only go to the Home Instance to gather mats from the Nodes there. /shrug

Yes, but each Home Instance is different for each character. I’m thinking the stations will relate to the one you are logged in to at the time.
So for example, my main will have weaponsmithing and tailoring. When I log into my alt, it will show artificing and cooking stations instead.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

That sounds like it might be resource-intensive.

If they did that kind of thing, why not just have one Crafting Station that you can choose what it offers?

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

As a matter of fact, you can still do weaponsmithing after changing, if you change back to it. You habe to talk to the guy at the specific crafting station and pay a fee, but otherwise there is no restriction and your progress does not get lost.

(edited by GreenAlien.5623)

Black Dragon.1504

As a matter of fact, you can still do weaponsmithing after changing, if you change back to it. You habe to talk to the guy at the specific crafting station and pay a fee, but otherwise there is no restriction and your progress does not get lost.

Ah, I stand corrected then. I will edit my post

Black Dragon.1504

That sounds like it might be resource-intensive.

If they did that kind of thing, why not just have one Crafting Station that you can choose what it offers?

That sounds like a good idea