Suggestion: Map Completion Benefit for Alts

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: suzysparklystar.4286

suzysparklystar.4286

I really enjoy that a lot of the features in the game are account wide: Bank, currency, ingredient bank, ascended items, etc

I can understand why map completion isn’t among one of these features. However, for one who isn’t interested in crafting ascended items, a title and achievement points isn’t enough incentive to complete the whole map, in my opinion.

I’d like to suggest that 100% map completion on one toon give the rest of the toons on the same account the discovered WPs. I’m comfortable completing the rest of the POI, vistas and hero points, as I can understand why those are important to not be given instantly – but at least give us the WPs.

That reward would be so much more appealing and motivation to complete the full map.

Thanks for listening.

(edited by suzysparklystar.4286)

Posted by: ibiris.8674

ibiris.8674

It would be good, if once one character on an account has achieved 100% map completion, it is registered on the account as a whole. When creating an alt, it would be good to have the option to ‘switch on’ match completion. This could be irreversible and not provide any xp or bonuses other than revealing the map and waypoints. The user could then have the option of completing hero points, vistas and hearts if they wanted to. I imagine it’s very difficult to implement, but this would be ideal for me. The only benefit to complete the map on alts is for the Gifts; doing so is quite a mundane task imo.

Rob

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

I would be super excited if alts had WPs unlocked, but I would be happy if they just removed the Fog of War for alts.

Posted by: suzysparklystar.4286

suzysparklystar.4286

I agree, ibiris.

I didn’t suggest the “switch on completely” feature because I figured we would need the reknown hearts (at least for leveling PvEers) to gain exp, karma and such. I didn’t want the post to come across as “give me everything”. But at the very LEAST, give me the WPs so I can at least get around to the dungons and guild missions without having to spend a couple of hours running through areas just to grab those.

Thanks for your reply.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Seems like a reasonable idea. At the very least, ‘key’ waypoints (entrance to zone, world bosses, dungeons, big events).

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

I like the idea of removing the fog and getting some of the key waypoints. Similar to a friend recommending a place you’ll like, but from one toon to another.

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!