[Suggestion] Maps in hard mode - lvl 80 only

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: HugoCosta.6735

HugoCosta.6735

Hello there!

I don’t know if it’s possible, but would be nice if we could have all maps in the game in hard mode for level 80 players only, of course in this mode the loot would be greatly better than the normal mode.

The hard mode would have an increased magic find, karma and experience bonus something like +25%, and all normal enemies could be veterans.

@Sorry for my poor enligh

(edited by HugoCosta.6735)

Posted by: Victory For Kittens.7806

Victory For Kittens.7806

What about champions & legendaries ? They are already running on OHKO on normal mode, should we just x2 their hp & damages ? Without trinity, you can’t put some kind of HM, except if you rework every champ to make the gameplay less “dodge or die”.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

What about champions & legendaries ? They are already running on OHKO on normal mode, should we just x2 their hp & damages ? Without trinity, you can’t put some kind of HM, except if you rework every champ to make the gameplay less “dodge or die”.

you don’t need a trinity for challenging gameplay. See Dark Souls and Ninja Gaiden.

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

I also hope there’s gonna be a hard mode.

If you can’t play a game without a “holy” trinity, you get it, with alot of holes to crawl into, then you can’t play games pretty much at all…

If it’s not “RPG” to you, here’s the three roles we offer you: Support, Control and DPS!

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Posted by: HugoCosta.6735

HugoCosta.6735

Champs and legendaries in hard mode should be a really tough fight, with a high death risk, but not impossible to do, something like:

“See, we don’t want you to face champs and legendaries so easily, what we want is that you have really bad moments face them, but, if you really do that, the reward will be great.”

I would like to see a really high-end content with a high challenge, but with each challenge that you overcome you can expect great rewards in the end.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I don’t see how a “hard mode” could be implemented easily. You’d have to have a whole NEW mega server system with a new set of servers for each zone for hard mode. Basically double what they have now just to have a “hard mode”. GW1 was able to pull it off simply because it wasn’t an MMO and each of the maps was instanced to the player/party. However I do think a dungeon “hard mode” would be much easier to implement and be better than having open world PvE “hard mode”.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I don’t see how a “hard mode” could be implemented easily. You’d have to have a whole NEW mega server system with a new set of servers for each zone for hard mode. Basically double what they have now just to have a “hard mode”. GW1 was able to pull it off simply because it wasn’t an MMO and each of the maps was instanced to the player/party. However I do think a dungeon “hard mode” would be much easier to implement and be better than having open world PvE “hard mode”.

Yeah.

Maybe there are alternatives though. For example:

On achieving level 80, map completion, and dungeon master you unlock “hard mode”. This is an account wide toggle (bonus for alt players, and will get people out of EotM/crafting/CP levelling) that has the following effects:

1) Turns of all waypoints except those at map transitions. Player is returned to one of these on toggle.
2) Turns off armour rating (not stats).
3) Doubles duration of conditions on player.
4) Doubles XP from all sources.
5) Doubles Karma from all sources.
6) Adds a 100% boost to magic find.
7) Does not increase any bonuses at world bosses and other group events.

Additionally, all hearts, vistas, skill points, waypoints, and pois are reset (while toggled) to an account-wide “hard mode” completion. This mode includes achievements, and a new map completion reward and title.

Rough, but something like that?

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

bring the 80+ maps it will be crazy considering lower levels argo mobs easier. It will be a blood bath

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

How about making raids?

So people who want harder content can go and do them.
And people who don’t want, can just ignore them.

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

I would rather have them open up the rest of Tyria to us, personally, as it would mean so much more than polishing the very little that we have access to now. Don’t get me wrong, I miss HM too, but it was something that was introduced near the end of GW1. One could hope for better.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

Hardmode is something you add to a dying game as a cheap content boost. Are we really at that point, because I’d rather have fresh content. All HM would do now is divide the playerbase. There is literally no upside to adding HM from a community viewpoint.

Posted by: Victory For Kittens.7806

Victory For Kittens.7806

you don’t need a trinity for challenging gameplay. See Dark Souls and Ninja Gaiden.

These are not MMOs, there is also HardMode in Mario you know ^^