[Suggestion] Mark an item as junk

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Example: You get three items that you don’t want to salvage, you can right click on each of them and select “Mark as junk” causing a trashcan icon with a black outline to appear in the upper right hand corner of the icon. When the mouse hovers over the marked item or future copies of the item, the words “Marked as junk” will appear at the top (just above the item name).

This way, you can sell all junk items with a click of a button at the merchants—including items marked as junk.

(edited by DanteZero.9736)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If you have to click on them and then select the option to label each one as junk, how is this faster than clicking on them to sell to a merchant or simply repeatedly clicking the sell button?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

Maybe the OP means that that particular item would be automatically labeled as junk whenever you get it again? So you only have to mark an item once, at it will forever be in your custom junk category?

DanteZero.9736

Maybe the OP means that that particular item would be automatically labeled as junk whenever you get it again? So you only have to mark an item once, at it will forever be in your custom junk category?

Yes, it seems I wasn’t clear enough.

Elden Arnaas.4870

I personally like the idea, but I think that the problem Anet would have with it is, “It’s not fool-proof enough”. That is, someone might accidentally mark an expensive item (silk scraps, a precursor) as junk and accidentally auto-sell it. Yeah, it would really be their fault, but Anet tends to want things to be very bullet-proof.

DanteZero.9736

I personally like the idea, but I think that the problem Anet would have with it is, “It’s not fool-proof enough”. That is, someone might accidentally mark an expensive item (silk scraps, a precursor) as junk and accidentally auto-sell it. Yeah, it would really be their fault, but Anet tends to want things to be very bullet-proof.

They can unmark items just as they easily marked them.

Elden Arnaas.4870

Yes, but they might accidentally sell some of the mis-labeled “junk” before discovering their mistake. Once again, I think that this is a good idea. I’m just telling you the problem Anet would have with it, and why they wouldn’t do it.(Even though it would be a nice thing to have for most of us.)