Suggestion: Mist Essence.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Claudia De Anar.6304

Claudia De Anar.6304

Please consider making Condensed Mists Essence a tradable commodity. As things stand, you cant do Fractals without AR, but you can’t get AR without doing Fractals. A typical A-Net Dev22 situation,

My guild does Fractals pretty regularly and I would very like to lend a hand, but given the current situation I might have enough AR to useful sometime in the year 3000.

I have no problem with letting the people that live in game farm such things and comping them in gold for their time and expertise, but that’s not realistic option for me. I would be happy to be able to get a reasonable amount in the gem store; but the current situation is just insanely time prohibitive.

Claudia de Anar: An Equal Oppertunity Massacre.

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

Idk, getting ascended rings are easy from 1-20 fractals and you can get an ascended necklace for like 30g (Vial of Salt). If you want, you can buy the gold to get one of the MF Ascended backpacks and get ascended trinkets from logging on a couple hours when your guild is doing guild missions. Thats like 30 AR right there without any armor.

You can attune the rings without needed any condensed essence and slap a couple 9-11 agony infusions in them for cheap.

And then theres the AR potion from the vendor and mistlock singularities thats practically enough to do up to level 50 fractals. Theres also always the chance to get infused rings from the level 21-50 dailies, in that case you dont need any essence at all.

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Posted by: Andovar Edoras.2143

Andovar Edoras.2143

Idk, getting ascended rings are easy from 1-20 fractals and you can get an ascended necklace for like 30g (Vial of Salt). If you want, you can buy the gold to get one of the MF Ascended backpacks and get ascended trinkets from logging on a couple hours when your guild is doing guild missions. Thats like 30 AR right there without any armor.

You can attune the rings without needed any condensed essence and slap a couple 9-11 agony infusions in them for cheap.

And then theres the AR potion from the vendor and mistlock singularities thats practically enough to do up to level 50 fractals. Theres also always the chance to get infused rings from the level 21-50 dailies, in that case you dont need any essence at all.

Probably easier and much cheaper to use Laurels to get specific ascended jewelry

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

Probably easier and much cheaper to use Laurels to get specific ascended jewelry

I find it alot more expensive with laurels, specially since you can be using them to buy T6 crafting mats instead.

The Vial of Salt has selectable stats of everything available at the vendor anyways. 1-2 weeks of guild missions gives you the 12 commendations for an accessory when you buy from a vendor. You can get specific rings from the fractal vendors.

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Posted by: Claudia De Anar.6304

Claudia De Anar.6304

Maybe so, I find everything to do with AR Utterly confusing, but it all seems to loop on itself thus Dev22. You are correct I find, that you can craft without the vial essense, but you need 1,600,000 xp won in fractals, again Dev22; cant get it if you don’t have it. Hey but whats could be more fun than Locking the Key to the Treasure behind the Vault door. then watch the players beat their collective heads against said door!

Dear Devs, we the players, we pay your check, we are not the Enemy Really.

Claudia de Anar: An Equal Oppertunity Massacre.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Maybe so, I find everything to do with AR Utterly confusing, but it all seems to loop on itself thus Dev22. You are correct I find, that you can craft without the vial essense, but you need 1,600,000 xp won in fractals, again Dev22; cant get it if you don’t have it. Hey but whats could be more fun than Locking the Key to the Treasure behind the Vault door. then watch the players beat their collective heads against said door!

Dear Devs, we the players, we pay your check, we are not the Enemy Really.

If you’re talking about the fractal masteries, you’re utterly wrong about how to get them. It’s ANY EXPERIENCE GAINED IN CORE TYRIA. Not experienced gained ONLY from fractals. As for AR, read the wiki. It’s fairly self-explanatory. Frankly, start where every single other person started, low tier fractals, you know, the ones that dont NEED AR.

As for whoever mentioned the Anguished Tear of Alba as giving you +10 AR, it does not. If you HAVE 10 or more AR, it does absolutely nothing. It adjusts your AR from 0-9 TO 10.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Another thing you might need clarified, OP, is whether you mean getting ascended items, as many have replied to, or the AR itself.

There is a golem vendor in the fractals lobby that sells +5 AR versatile infusions for 75 fractal relics each. Those are the “dungeon token” of fractals and you get them even in levels 1-19 which don’t require any AR. So if you run the low end ones enough to learn how they work, then you’ll have the currency to buy the infusions to put in your ascended items.

Check http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony_Resistance for a chart of how much AR you need at each fractal level. As you can see, you don’t need much to get into the early AR levels, and then those have more chances to drop the things you need for higher levels. It progresses rather nicely.

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

If your guild already is running fractals, why not just join them? Some would certainly be running the under-20 fractals for the daily chest, and you don’t need anything ascended or AR-containing to do those. If a 20 fractal is part of that day’s rotation, just buy a AR potion (you need the first fractal mastery for that, ~600k XP + 1MP)

Btw, why do you even need the Mist essence? The only non-fractal application I can name off the top of my head is for certain precursor collections, and those have multiple other fractal requirements anyway. Anyway, they are a rare drop from all the low level fractals, so you don’t really need any AR to farm them.

(edited by onevstheworld.2419)

Posted by: zakuruchi.4086

zakuruchi.4086

Please consider making Condensed Mists Essence a tradable commodity. As things stand, you cant do Fractals without AR, but you can’t get AR without doing Fractals. A typical A-Net Dev22 situation,

Ok, first of all, you dont need AR to do fractals 1-20. None at all. Fractals at these levels also gives you rather common drops of ascended rings and pristine fractal relics from the dailies, as well as fractal relics to buy versatile simple +5 infusions from the vendor.

Rings from fractal, accesories from guild commendation/laurel/story reward, and amulet from laurels, all fitted with versatile + 7 infusion should be enough to get you to at least fractal 35. Above 20, you can start getting infused rings, mats to attune them, etc, enough to get you to fractal 50 and beyond.

Short version, no you dont need AR to start doing fractal, so this is not a catch 22. You only need them for the higher level ones, and you can get em by doing the lower level ones, unless your guild only does the 50+ ones, then you can perhaps ask them to do the lower ones with you so you can catch up. Or find another group/PUG that does lower level fractal.