[Suggestion] "Mithrilium" Weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Its well known that Mithril Ore is a low value resource, similarly for Elder Wood Logs. Despite being located at end-game zones, Mithril Ore is one of the most common resources on the market and often has a value even lower than that of Copper Ore, which can be obtained by every new character in level 1-15 zones.

I would like to suggest the addition of a massive sink for Mithril Ore to restore its value while also adding content to the game. More specifically, creating a new weapon set that will take large amounts of Mithril Ore and Elder Wood Logs to create.

(I don’t count ascended weapons because those require barely any Mithril Ore in comparison to the masive amounts of other resources they require, thus behaving poorly as a sink for this particular type of resource.)

At the moment, most time harvesting in end-game maps is wasted except for the very few Orichalcum and Ancient Wood Log nodes you run across.

-There should be more value to end-game zones than just zerging events.-

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

It is kind of unavoidable. It doesn’t have to do with gathering as much as salvaging. When you are 80 most of your loot will be 80. When you salvage your blues and greens you will get a whole bunch of mithril and elder wood logs back. Hence a massive supply, and a low value.

Ascended crafting was meant to suck some of that out of the economy since each of the ectoplasm refinements cost 50 of the refined version of each. It was an ok stopgap, but ultimately there is just too much of it to get rid of it that way (and a lot of people don’t make ascended stuff because the stat difference is small for a lot of money). They would have to put in a gigantic sink in order to restore its value, and it would have to be a continuous sink, otherwise it would only raise the price for a little while.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

No, the reason why you want it more rare is to sell it at higher prizes to make a profit.

Why do we have so much Mithril? Because many people play in high level areas and farm node, because we get loot depended on out level even if we are downscaled and that loot again can be salvaged into mithril.

If Anet would want to work on giving t5 mats (like mithril) a higher value, they could work on the loot tables, like increasing the percentage chance of fabrics and leather compared to those mats that can be farmed from nodes by instance hopping.( just one idea).

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Posted by: CeNedro.7560

CeNedro.7560

Mithril ore and Elder Wood logs are used to create siege weapons. Don’t punish those ppl even more, who are already spending their bank on supporting their server… If you want an Itemssink: Thick leather.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Mithril and ELder are fine…. leave em alone! I use bunches of these, I don’t need their cost to go up!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

I completely forget about the blueprints. Yes, don’t makes them more expensive for those WvW defenders that are already putting personal assets into helping out the server

If you want an Itemssink: Thick leather.

Just a side note:

If the armour smith profession would use leather as a secondary material and not a fabric, we would have a much more balanced out situation than right now

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I’m for that idea.
Those silly siege weapons shouldn’t be build with mithril and elder wood logs.
The siege weapon blueprints for superiorversions should require Bloodstone Dust, Dragonite Ore and Ascended Fragments

Mithril is way too cheap, therefore that its a powerful metal…
Anet should reduce the income of mithril.
Instead of obtaining 3 units per node, players should receive only 1 unit per node.
This would instantly reduce the mithril income of the game by 2/3rd and the price would rise by 66% “basically”, when you just gain less mithil.

Also the amount of mithril from salvaging should get slightly reduced.

I hope those new heroic weapons that we will see getting implemented when the current wvw tournament ends will require for their crafting parts lots of mithrilium and thus will burn lots of mitril out of the game.

Mithrillium self should become also useable in the Mystic Forge, to upgrade exotic equipment of metallic origin to ascended quality.

example:

Exotic Sword of Examples (from own Crafting – works with no other Exotics)
+ 100 Mithrillium
+ 25 Augur Stones
+60 Mystic Coins

= Ascended Sword of Examples
Combine this then with other stuff to give your ascended weapons some specific skins via throwing it together with otherthigns like lodestones ect. into the mystic forge.

What Anet could do also is increase the amount of mithril ore, that it takes to refine, that way will increase the refined materials out of mithril ore in their worth as it would take more ore to get the refined materials.

Don’t know, why Anet increased that for some of the t2 wood materials, but didn’t increased until today the refine rates fro the way more overfarmed t5 mats

Orihalcum is not only worth more, than Mitrhil, because of it beign used for exotic equipment crafting, but also because orihalcum is compared tomithril alot rarer to find in the game.

Mithril has way too much material nodes in the end game maps. If anet would reduce the mihtril nodes by say for example 33%, you’d see the worth of it rise up …especially if they also decrease the amount of mithril units you get from a node and increase together with that also too thre refine rates from 3 units per refined mithril bar to say for example for now 4 ores or 5 ores per bar.

Anet can always easily change the recipes for thigns in the game, like the superior siege weapon blueprints to not require anymore mithril andelder woodlogs, so that WvW’ers wouldn’t be pixxxd at all over that change that mithril would raise in value.

Defacto if anet would do this, I rather see many WvW in fact beign happy about that change then, if upgrading blueprints wouldn’t cost t5 mats anymore, but instead the silly t7 unrefined mats, because then would make WvWs some extra money from selling all of the salvaged mithril ore and elder wood logs they get from player/npc loot bags/chests that they could use alot better fro upgrading strongholds and supply camps what is far more important for WvW for a server on the long run, than those silly material costs for upgrading siege weapons, that aren’t that neccessary at all, because you can do everythign successfully in WvW also just with normal or guild versions of siege weapons!!!

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

This is gonna end up like silk…

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I’m for that idea.
Those silly siege weapons shouldn’t be build with mithril and elder wood logs.
The siege weapon blueprints for superiorversions should require Bloodstone Dust, Dragonite Ore and Ascended Fragments

Mithril is way too cheap, therefore that its a powerful metal…
Anet should reduce the income of mithril.
Instead of obtaining 3 units per node, players should receive only 1 unit per node.
This would instantly reduce the mithril income of the game by 2/3rd and the price would rise by 66% “basically”, when you just gain less mithil.

Also the amount of mithril from salvaging should get slightly reduced.

I hope those new heroic weapons that we will see getting implemented when the current wvw tournament ends will require for their crafting parts lots of mithrilium and thus will burn lots of mitril out of the game.

Mithrillium self should become also useable in the Mystic Forge, to upgrade exotic equipment of metallic origin to ascended quality.

example:

Exotic Sword of Examples (from own Crafting – works with no other Exotics)
+ 100 Mithrillium
+ 25 Augur Stones
+60 Mystic Coins

= Ascended Sword of Examples
Combine this then with other stuff to give your ascended weapons some specific skins via throwing it together with otherthigns like lodestones ect. into the mystic forge.

What Anet could do also is increase the amount of mithril ore, that it takes to refine, that way will increase the refined materials out of mithril ore in their worth as it would take more ore to get the refined materials.

Don’t know, why Anet increased that for some of the t2 wood materials, but didn’t increased until today the refine rates fro the way more overfarmed t5 mats

Orihalcum is not only worth more, than Mitrhil, because of it beign used for exotic equipment crafting, but also because orihalcum is compared tomithril alot rarer to find in the game.

Mithril has way too much material nodes in the end game maps. If anet would reduce the mihtril nodes by say for example 33%, you’d see the worth of it rise up …especially if they also decrease the amount of mithril units you get from a node and increase together with that also too thre refine rates from 3 units per refined mithril bar to say for example for now 4 ores or 5 ores per bar.

Anet can always easily change the recipes for thigns in the game, like the superior siege weapon blueprints to not require anymore mithril andelder woodlogs, so that WvW’ers wouldn’t be pixxxd at all over that change that mithril would raise in value.

Defacto if anet would do this, I rather see many WvW in fact beign happy about that change then, if upgrading blueprints wouldn’t cost t5 mats anymore, but instead the silly t7 unrefined mats, because then would make WvWs some extra money from selling all of the salvaged mithril ore and elder wood logs they get from player/npc loot bags/chests that they could use alot better fro upgrading strongholds and supply camps what is far more important for WvW for a server on the long run, than those silly material costs for upgrading siege weapons, that aren’t that neccessary at all, because you can do everythign successfully in WvW also just with normal or guild versions of siege weapons!!!

Your understanding of economics…..

I don’t think your suggestions would work.

a) You want to take mithril and elder wood logs out of blueprint upgrades. This takes a sink for both of these out of the economy thus increasing the surplus of both mats even more. Opposite of what you would want to do for your goal.

b) 100 mithrillium for upgrading an exotic weapon to ascended is 100 ectos in price and 100 days. This is far more costly than the current process, and would take 100 days in order to do. No one in their right mind will chose this over the current path. Thus no mithril drained out of the economy.

c)Limiting salvage and node could work, but eventually you will find that the price will skyrocket to an unintended amount as the supply can no longer meet the demand. thus instead of having it in an equilibrium price, it will only continue to rise in price as the sinks remain the same, but the supply wanes down to near nothing.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: Lazarus.3970

Lazarus.3970

Yes, make a mithril sink so I can make bank from my hoard of mithril.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

No. In order to change anything about it, you need to increase the NEED, not affect the supply. I would be HAPPY to spend 100 mithril on crafting mithrillium. I can end up with 2 fulls stacks of it in a day.

What they really need to do is change salvaging. If I salvage heavy armor, I’ve got zero chance at fabric scraps, same for medium armor. If you had a chance of receiving the other material type used in crafting the armor, prices for damask would drop down. Alternatively, REMOVE each armor craft’s insignia off fabric and to it’s main weight material, so leatherworking makes leather insignia, armorsmith makes metal insignia, and tailoring keeps the fabric insignia. The fact this is not the case already is baffling.