Suggestion: Monster Colosseum

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gendou.9620

Gendou.9620

I’ve seen many threads about people complaining that HoT content is too hard, or some say isn’t and people should “get better”. To play along with lore and how the pact(including yourself) learns about the jungle through mastery, then why not add a sort of colosseum like the one in NE Gendarran Fields, but in larger arenas. Allow players to choose difficulty of the monster (regular, veteran, champion), and also choose the number of them(varying of course for some). Spectators could watch and even give advice. It would play so well into how the mastery system is(minus needing mastery points for it), and this could even be a part of dailies and events; maybe monsters break loose from time to time. What better way to test out masteries vs chak, beasts, or even mordrem.

Some monsters are so easy to fight once you understand how they move and use abilities; before learning monster techniques some seem very overpowered. How does one fight a smokescale? a hoard of raptors? packs of bonebreakers? How will you fare against a champion, or maybe even a few at once? This could open up some interesting contests and events similar to the arena in EotN from GW1. I’m interested to maybe even see adventure-like leaderboards to see who can do what against all odds. This was already done with the Queen’s Arena against bosses— thoughts anyone?

~Don’t change content, train the players. Make it fun.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I like it.

There’s also a small arena like that in Ascalon somewhere. The precedent is there. Just need a larger arena.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Awesome idea. I need to put more than 15 characters in this message, so I will use them to applaud.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’d love to see something like this. Veterans would also use it for testing builds.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

This is a great feature in every game (including the few areas of GW2 they are in) that I have ever played. I love this suggestion and would be ecstatic if it was implemented in the future.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Rhyav.4812

Rhyav.4812

Love the idea! This could help people understand HoT monsters weaknesses better

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

That could actually be a nice upgrade to Guildhall arena. Perhaps with added option of guildmembers being able to “capture” monster species to populate it.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Awesome idea. I need to put more than 15 characters in this message, so I will use them to applaud.

Slightly off topic, but you don’t need 15 chars. Just hit the spacebar the requisite number of times

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

This is an excellent idea. At the very least they need to find a way to teach players what a breakbar is.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

That could actually be a nice upgrade to Guildhall arena. Perhaps with added option of guildmembers being able to “capture” monster species to populate it.

YES! I’d definitely be (one of) my guild’s monster hunters if this were possible.