[Suggestion] More skirt outfits for charr

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Female charr need more love for their outfits. I would like to suggest to the powers that be to design more outfits that show off a charr’s natural beauty. Some short, cheerleader type skirts would be very welcome by the charr community. Mechanically, it would work, because the charr tail would be able to flow freely from under the skirt. I could go as far as saying that a long dress with a sexy leg slit (ala Angelina Jolie) would be awesome too. You would just need a slot for the tail to go through.

Attachments:

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

Misread that as ‘more skritt outfits’ and I was all set to agree with you!

Posted by: KallaDragoone.9125

KallaDragoone.9125

Im sorry, but i think charr are kitten, and when they are in skirts, it looks sooo stupid..how about armor that is more wild/charr-like…id love to see more furr patterns, and less armor.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Female charr want to look and feel feminine too, ya know. Just because they’re not humans, doesn’t mean they don’t have feelings. Anet is place of tolerance and equality. And what’s more equal than making skirt outfits that show off some leg?

KallaDragoone.9125

I think its important for female char to look feminine, but in a really cool, heroine way. I dont think that will be reflected if they are wearing frilly, little skirts. I like my lady cgarr to be pretty, but fierce and dangerous like any big cat.

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Charr need more well fitting and lore appropriate armour before shoehorning in lore unfriendly outfits for the purposes of attempting to sexualize them to real world cultural standards. If Anet is going to spend time making long dresses like you describe work, they would have better spent their time working on making lore appropriate stuff work.

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

Given the militant culture of the Charr, I don’t think skirts would work out for them. If anything they’d probably be more comfortable in army fatigues.

KallaDragoone.9125

Yeah there are some major problems with armor, and charr that needs to be addressed before they make more outfits for them.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Female charr want to look and feel feminine too, ya know. Just because they’re not humans, doesn’t mean they don’t have feelings. Anet is place of tolerance and equality. And what’s more equal than making skirt outfits that show off some leg?

Female charr don’t have feelings. They don’t want to look and feel feminine. They are pixels. It’s the humans behind them that have feelings, not the character. So, asking for tolerarance or equality for pixels of imaginary creatures in a video game is an invalid argument. If you want it, ask it for yourself. Don’t make up nonsensical arguments concerning the feelings of pixels.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Female charr don’t have feelings. They don’t want to look and feel feminine. They are pixels. It’s the humans behind them that have feelings, not the character. So, asking for tolerarance or equality for pixels of imaginary creatures in a video game is an invalid argument. If you want it, ask it for yourself. Don’t make up nonsensical arguments concerning the feelings of pixels.

If pixels don’t have feelings or emotions, then explain why Caithe cried when she killed her sister. Or how Braham got worried about Taimi being surrounded by the Inquest. Or how about when Rox lost her Warband. Tell me your character wasn’t sad when Tybalt sacrificed himself to save your comrades.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

If pixels don’t have feelings or emotions, then explain why Caithe cried when she killed her sister. Or how Braham got worried about Taimi being surrounded by the Inquest. Or how about when Rox lost her Warband. Tell me your character wasn’t sad when Tybalt sacrificed himself to save your comrades.

Wat

I dont have anything against your idea, all for it

but still

wat

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Don’t be ridiculous. Do letters get sad when the words say that someone cried. You’re just making up nonsensical arguments in order to argue, not because you actually have anything to debate.

ANet may give it to you.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Don’t be ridiculous. Do letters get sad when the words say that someone cried. You’re just making up nonsensical arguments in order to argue, not because you actually have anything to debate.

It’s all interconnected. What you’re implying is that Anet’s story and lore writers aren’t able to convey emotion through their writing. That’s an insult to Ree Soesbee, and I demand you take that back.

Now if you’re done trolling, I’d like to get this thread back on topic. My suggestion is for more outfits that show off a female charr’s beauty. If you don’t like outfits, you can do what Gaile suggests, and that is to “consider not posting in this thread unless you can do so with respectful and constructive comments”.

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s all interconnected. What you’re implying is that Anet’s story and lore writers aren’t able to convey emotion through their writing. That’s an insult to Ree Soesbee, and I demand you take that back.

Now if you’re done trolling, I’d like to get this thread back on topic. My suggestion is for more outfits that show off a female charr’s beauty. If you don’t like outfits, you can do what Gaile suggests, and that is to “consider not posting in this thread unless you can do so with respectful and constructive comments”.

Yes, it’s possible to convey emotion through writing and animation but it’s not possible for the writing or animation to itself feel emotions. My constructive comment was to not make up imaginary arguments claiming that pixels want or desire things but to step forward and claim these desires or wants for yourself. It’s a much more honest argument than to falsely claim that unfeeling pixels feel.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: viv.1892

viv.1892

Well, as an avid female charr player I would hate more skirts for charr. I don’t think they suit them at all and whenever I see an outfit such as Anise’s one I die a little inside. It’s like forcing a human idea of feminity onto a creature that does not follow human conventions. I think there must be other ways to make charr more feminine that would fit their culture better than just slapping a skirt on. Just a tiny butterfly on the lumi armor for charr females would have made me so happy for instance.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Well, as an avid female charr player I would hate more skirts for charr. I don’t think they suit them at all and whenever I see an outfit such as Anise’s one I die a little inside. It’s like forcing a human idea of feminity onto a creature that does not follow human conventions. I think there must be other ways to make charr more feminine that would fit their culture better than just slapping a skirt on. Just a tiny butterfly on the lumi armor for charr females would have made me so happy for instance.

I hear ya. Some players are unhappy that female charr have to share the same armor as male humans. At the same time, there’s an understanding that the charr model prevents a lot of outfits from properly fitting (i.e. capes on charr don’t work). In that framework, skirts would work because of the anatomy of charr in general. The tail can easily stick out from under a skirt’s rear. A long dress, on the other hand, would be difficult to code. I would challenge the Devs to find a solution to making more feminine outfits so female charr don’t look like males.

Feeling sexy isn’t just a state of mind. One needs to look the part in order to play the part.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Yes, it’s possible to convey emotion through writing and animation but it’s not possible for the writing or animation to itself feel emotions. My constructive comment was to not make up imaginary arguments claiming that pixels want or desire things but to step forward and claim these desires or wants for yourself. It’s a much more honest argument than to falsely claim that unfeeling pixels feel.

Well you sound smart enough. Why carry an argument about something that is obviously not equivalent? Sure, you can create a scenario and I can write or film myself and how I’d react in that scenario. Does that mean that the written media or the film of myself has no feelings or emotion? Does that mean I myself am just an emotionless creation that doesn’t actually exist? Both of those are completely different questions and yet the two of you are attemtping to argue their equivalency? What has the internet come to where people try to have intentionally ignorant viewpoints just for the sake of having a conversation!?

It’s quite preposterous and yet so darned common.

Posted by: Harak.8397

Harak.8397

If I was a male charr my idea of an attractive female would probably stand in three words : Sleek and deadly. There is nothing dainty or “feminine” as we humans define the word about Charr females.

Actually alot of times Charr of any genre wearing outfits ( and most light armor )look like what happens when someone dresses up his or her cat to make it look “cute”.

It just doesn’t work.

I’d like to see more culturaly acurate armor for charr that showed more of their fur patterns however.

Smooth Penguin.5294

If I was a male charr my idea of an attractive female would probably stand in three words : Sleek and deadly. There is nothing dainty or “feminine” as we humans define the word about Charr females.

Actually alot of times Charr of any genre wearing outfits ( and most light armor )look like what happens when someone dresses up his or her cat to make it look “cute”.

It just doesn’t work.

I’d like to see more culturaly acurate armor for charr that showed more of their fur patterns however.

I beg to differ. My charr absolutely loves female clothes.

Attachments:

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I think its important for female char to look feminine, but in a really cool, heroine way. I dont think that will be reflected if they are wearing frilly, little skirts. I like my lady cgarr to be pretty, but fierce and dangerous like any big cat.

The Charr seem to have a different standard of beauty. One of mine has a broken horn and the other wears an eyepatch.