[Suggestion] More than coats please.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Can we have more than trench coats added to the game for medium armor? It gets boring thanks!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Lol, apparently Anet says “no” if you look at Legendary armor and the video they released.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Good luck on that request. Apparently they want the weight classes to share silhouettes, not that that makes a lot of sense.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Djinn.9245

Good luck on that request. Apparently they want the weight classes to share silhouettes, not that that makes a lot of sense.

Well, that’s what was said in the video, but I wonder if that Anet developer was aware of all of the different ways that characters can end up looking nothing like their "class silhouette. Including a small number of pieces of armor in that same weight class. And of course the numerous Outfits that Anet prefers to make over Armor.

I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn’t realize that the “look like your class” horse has already left the barn and he is just closing the door after it.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well, that’s what was said in the video, but I wonder if that Anet developer was aware of all of the different ways that characters can end up looking nothing like their “class silhouette”. Including a small number of pieces of armor in that same weight class. And of course the numerous Outfits that Anet prefers to make over Armor.

I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn’t realize that the “look like your class” horse has already left the barn and he is just closing the door after it.

One hopes that an ANet dev is aware of all the different way that characters can end up looking nothing like their “class silhouette.” It would be pretty sad if he doesn’t. If he’s that unaware it would mean he never plays the game or he’s very unobservant. One can always give the benefit of the doubt but that degree of unawareness would be bit much.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I would go further and suggest it’s also possible for a character’s class weight to be ambiguous, not only given outfits but also armours like the Hellfire set which look very similar between the weight classes.

I’d be a happy camper if they opened all armour skins to all weight classes. It would give each class more than the spikes/coats/skirts they’ve been stuck with. I don’t subscribe to the argument that clipping is what’s holding them back. They seem to be okay with existing cases of clipping in armours and between armours/weapons. And I don’t think they need to nanny us from clipping ourselves, if we choose to. Let us choose what combination of skins we want to wear. Some combinations will clip, some won’t. It should be our call what’s viable and optimal, just like with builds. /soapbox

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

And I’m just going to leave this here:

Attachments:

Hate is Fuel.

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

Lol, apparently Anet says “no” if you look at Legendary armor and the video they released.

I’m curious why they would follow this approach, while everything else in the game is the opposite. Any race can play any class, you can mix skills, weapons, skills, armor, skins, dyes, it’s basically GW2’s main pitch. Play as you want.

And then they say thieves have to wear coats and not skirts? I mean, this doesn’t affect play style, combat or anything else other than looks. And if someone now says it’s about immersion, I’m not buying it. A trench coat wearing thief can wear a quaggan backpack, a wizard hat, sunglasses and glide on a carpet from One Thousand and One Nights.

Can you link to that video please, I want to hear it with my own ears.

btw. there are lots of thieves wearing the Viper’s skirt and underboob top, so that “trench coat” way has been broken already. I really can’t believe a dev said those stupid things about class silhouettes.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

(edited by Faaris.8013)

Djinn.9245

I’m curious why they would follow this approach, while everything else in the game is the opposite. Any race can play any class, you can mix skills, weapons, skills, armor, skins, dyes, it’s basically GW2’s main pitch. Play as you want.

And then they say thieves have to wear coats and not skirts? I mean, this doesn’t affect play style, combat or anything else other than looks. And if someone now says it’s about immersion, I’m not buying it. A trench coat wearing thief can wear a quaggan backpack, a wizard hat, sunglasses and glide on a carpet from One Thousand and One Nights.

Can you link to that video please, I want to hear it with my own ears.

btw. there are lots of thieves wearing the Viper’s skirt and underboob top, so that “trench coat” way has been broken already. I really can’t believe a dev said those stupid things about class silhouettes.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/142369535 Interview with Paul Ella at about 35:34

This is where it was brought to my attention:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6h444i/legendary_armor_dev_stream_excuses_and_dishonesty/

(edited by Djinn.9245)

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Obviously it’s vitally important to be able to recognise professions (or rather armour weight classes) by their silhouettes in competitive modes that’s why the exclusive armour sets for sPvP and WvW are… not trenchcoats but in PvE where it doesn’t matter at all it’s trenchcoats out the wazoo!

That recognisable silhouette stuff was some kind of z-list jedi mind-trick.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistforged_Triumphant_Hero%27s_armor_
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_armor_

Djinn.9245

Obviously it’s vitally important to be able to recognise professions (or rather armour weight classes) by their silhouettes in competitive modes that’s why the exclusive armour sets for sPvP and WvW are… not trenchcoats but in PvE where it doesn’t matter at all it’s trenchcoats out the wazoo!

That recognisable silhouette stuff was some kind of z-list jedi mind-trick.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistforged_Triumphant_Hero%27s_armor_
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_armor_

Yea, it’s a mystery why Anet does a lot of the stuff they do.