[Suggestion] More weapon skills

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FinalEmbrace.2847

FinalEmbrace.2847

Hi there. Ever since I played this game in the early beta stages, my first thought was “I wonder if this game will have anywhere near the amount of skills GW1 did.” As everyone knows, the number of skills is nowhere near what GW1 had yet, but I’m sure that will change with future patches. I would love to see weapon skills being a big focus on how the skill system works. Right now, everytime I see another Ranger (My main is Ranger) in the game using a Longbow, I think “That guy has the exact same first 5 skills I do.” It’d be nice if weapons had more than the default 5/3/2 (depending on the weapon) skills each, and allowed you to choose which ones you wanted equipped, so that way everyone has a different set up. It’d be exactly like the normal skill tree we have now, but only with dedicated weapon skills. It’s a little hard to explain, but I’m sure others have had the same thought I have.

Posted by: Nadesh.7953

Nadesh.7953

Hello. There was a discussion about that in the Collaborative Development threads and a lot of people liked that idea.

When we start the game, we unlock the skills from 1 to 5 for all weapons but what happen after that? Nothing. One would said that someone that fight for a long time with a weapon can learn new “moves”.

More skills for each slot

I like D3 system in which one can unlock different runes (something like the traits here) for each skill and modify them in different ways.

Something like that could also be done with a multi class system in which the player select a secondary class. Lets said the player pick 2 classes that ckittene 1h sword, then they can select if they use the class 1 or class 2 skill for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc slots.

1h weapons: 5 skills

They could make each 1h weapon have 5 skills if there are no secondary weapon equiped.

Off-hand

I think the off-hands, over all the ones that can be equiped in the main hand too, should be used when do the basic attack (skill 1). The basic attacks have 3 different hits, i think when an off-hand (at least the ones that can be equiped in the main hand) is equiped, the 2nd hit from the basic attack should be replaced for an off-hand attack.

This would make the combat with 2 1h weapons more fluid.

Posted by: Draaq Cz.9642

Draaq Cz.9642

They stated that GW2 won´t have the amount of skills GW1 had. It was paradise for player but coffin for developers to balance them , etc.
Just do what you like to do. I still play GW1 even whens GW2 out for almost 2 years. It´s just more entertaining game for me. Nice graphics in GW2 but I keep coming to GW1 more and more for everything else.
They wanted to make new game (250years later, new system, new races, …) instead of follow up so GW1 and GW2 can´t be really compared. You like GW1 or GW2. Didn´t find many people who like both.