[Suggestion] Mounts in GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Well, this hasn’t been merged with the main mount thread, which they usually are and quite quickly when they appear. So I would hazard a guess that Anet is thinking about caving in and implementing mounts.

Or it may be that they just haven’t gotten around to it yet. I remember one such mounts thread that grew to seven pages before it finally got merged.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Woof.8246

Woof.8246

If the mounts dont have lazers like ‘’Dino Riders’’ , just dont implant them !!!

New daily farm :
The system choose 1 map and soak it with rain , creating mudholes that slow down your mount and thunderbolts that throws the fire-tree-branches on you (knockback you) .
Try to follow the eagle (golden goblin/skirt) that soars on the sky and transports enemies documments and occassionally cause of the thunder , drop some pages on the ground .

And some bookah new device that allows other players (jerks) to transform into an npc/monster/tiger/boar/crocodile/monkey (they can transfrom into every with each form having 1 min cd) , that allow them to see/smell/sense the circular route that the eagle will take and try to ambuse the player multiply times
(hide into the muds /bushes/behing trees/pretend to be npcs/climb up to tree and shoot apples from first person camera with a fixed locaction)
, and try to ’’bite’’ the players as many times as they can so they can rewards .
If they succefully ‘’hunt/follow’’ and use the fast-auto attack/bite the player 30 bytes or use the slowwwweddd 2nd attack and knockback the player , they will get huge rewards and yell ‘’WE DONT WANT MOUNTS’‘.
If they are in party/raid every1 gets the rewards .
If they get too close and because of the thunderstorm , the transformation device get malfaction and both get hurt if they stack/get close (the player with the longest time in that specific area/squaremeter get hurt extremllly slow ….
edit2: or they can simply ’’mark their terretory by kittening on the nearby trees tree and the cleaninglady start moaning in the pressident of the kids-hospital….-_- )

The player can either equip the mount with Leather gear that gives you more endureance/dodge for your mount and avoid the jerks/npcs from their 30 fast bytes or dont get slowed bu rainning mudholes, or get Heavy gear for more survibilty

Well there could another set of bookah devices with smaller animals :
such as mouse transformation that lures the eangle to a different route and yell ‘’YES WE WANT MOUNTS’’ .
A moles that creates holes and hide whomever kills the ‘’mouse player’’.
Or the visible-hole on the map can be a trap to lure the fugitive there and kill him by other animes and get rewards .
Or other animals that throw mud on the burning branches or slow-paces-fleas that try to attach and hurt the players that use the tiger/crocodile/bigger forms
(if the tiger get in a mudhole , then the flea guy will drop off)

Edit:
The same can be aplied in cities :
Some ppl with glue posters about Kallen vs Evol /fix benches
Some ppl will transform into npcs to try to destroy them
Some ppl will use ‘’f1 YELL’’ (like the collosium) to notifie the guards if they see some1 doing something bad . By doing so the npc guards will follow them in a slow pace (theyare not sure if they did it-and they just lurk near them) . If they run the suspision meter will rise up … if they turns in corners too many the guard will slow down/loose their tracks .
The thug can 1-shot the player that F1-yelled . At first glance apperas are no—hostile .. but if you evade it , he has 1 hp too .
Also they can drop coin purse in the location so other normal npcs will come to that location and create havoc for the money …and a button that let you change appereance of your npc (but you get a red glow on your feet for 0,75 sec)

He can pickpocket ppl stealing 1-2 copper and the rewards and loot ramp up with each succefully attempt .
By spamming the F1 x15 times(short range) and following him , will be enabled to kill him and get loot (in the case he willl lure you in some corner or strange area and 1-shot you….ehhmmm..your problem)

And there could be players guards that try to punish the other players … but avoiding to hurt NPCS that havent done anything and because some moron have used use F1-YELLS/marked on them , or the jerks/npcs that is trying to divert you

too much money needed ?

EDIT: if ppl dont want to equip their mount with Gear , they wont be able to be attacked or participate in the hunt , but each puddle or branch they avoid multiplies their MagicFind for the next boss kill .
They dont loose the buff if they logout … but they will loose if they use waypoint.
And each puddle/branch are account bound per 2 days, so they dont follow the same easiest route with each character

Captain Kuro

(edited by Woof.8246)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Points to glider skins——> Glider skins

I think ANet has decided those are the gw2 versions of mounts.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Now if only updrafts were added to non-HoT Tyria.

~EW

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Now if only updrafts were added to non-HoT Tyria.

~EW

Around Wizard’s Feif, yes?

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

mounts as just cosmetic would still be nice, what we have now doesn’t even get close to something fun.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Gw2 has waypoints system, and maps are small and not seamless they have portals to change map, reason no mounts are needed, and classes also dont need mounts.

mounts as just cosmetic would still be nice, what we have now doesn’t even get close to something fun.

Sorudo you already have that :\, Magic carpet, broom, if Anet would add an animal to mount, should be usable in pve maps only with no skills..
Still kriins(are cantha specific), doyliaks, can u imagine all the models clipped each other -.- that would be ugly.
Centaur? lol…..that would be promoting xenophobism XD

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

If its any hope, no matter how minute, there’s been an unverified leak that the Amnoon Oasis is next expantion territory, which lies north of the Sulphorous Wastes (Al Jahai, Abaddon) and here the Judundu Wurms roam. They were the closest things we had to mounts in GW1, and honestly, I do hope to see them again.

Posted by: ElectricGoat.8253

ElectricGoat.8253

I don’t want mounts because existing options already cover what mounts could do. Plus, mounts would take away valuable development time. Time where they could fix bugs, add new content, make the game better. Mounts are a tired old cliche of 00’s era MMOs, let them die along with the flip phone. Modern MMO’s do well when they don’t have the over-used over-done mounts. Mounts enable lazy players to skip content. Why bother running around! Just get on your mount and get to the end of that dungeon! Only do the boss! Hooray!

Why bother with mounts when you can run everywhere? And you run pretty quickly too! No need to dismount and fight mobs, just smack them right there and then.

No to mounts. Keep them in lower quality games, but not in GW2.

Also the toy boom and the other thing are just that, toys, and decorative. Real equipment is your two little legs to run around with.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

ok all anet needs to do is remove half the wp on the world map (only live the city ones and the convinient ones like the ones close to meta event spots or world bosses) and just introduce mounts for the rest that would add quite alot in the immersion

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

ok all anet needs to do is remove half the wp on the world map (only live the city ones and the convinient ones like the ones close to meta event spots or world bosses) and just introduce mounts for the rest that would add quite alot in the immersion

Why would you want anet to waste valuable resource to remove a method of transport, only to insert a new less flexible method of transport? Mounts don’t add immerion into the game because the waypoints have already been lorewise explained.

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

I wonder why this hasn’t been merged with the 9184902383920 other mount threads yet. All of these points and more have been reiterated again and again (along with some humorous gifs).

No matter what side of the argument you’re on, you can be sure to see support for your argument on the other megathread.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I think we should have mounts in guild wars because they would be fun and beneficial.. The new expansion should come with a Mount Riding Mastery. i think a lot of people would enjoy this feature as well as a great way for Arena net to make more money by selling mounts.

There are mounts. Riding broom, magic carpet. Sonic tunneling device. There is another nut I cant remember the name, seeing I’ve I’ve only seen a hand full of these used ever, they must not sell well. So no mounts. As they are not popular enough to ne worth the effort.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: ElectricGoat.8253

ElectricGoat.8253

I think we should have mounts in guild wars because they would be fun and beneficial.. The new expansion should come with a Mount Riding Mastery. i think a lot of people would enjoy this feature as well as a great way for Arena net to make more money by selling mounts.

There are mounts. Riding broom, magic carpet. Sonic tunneling device. There is another nut I cant remember the name, seeing I’ve I’ve only seen a hand full of these used ever, they must not sell well. So no mounts. As they are not popular enough to ne worth the effort.

In b4 someone tells you dont don’t use them because they dont provide movement speed boost. That’s the point of them! To not give movement speed boost.