[Suggestion] Mystic Forge Change

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

I like the mystic forge idea, I do. I don’t want the idea or the forge to go away. I’m also not here to talk about the RNG of the forge. I think the way the forge is used is clunky. If you have a known forge recipe, like upgrading a core to a lodestone, I would like the option to say make X number of them rather than clicking the 4 ingredients 500 times and waiting for the animation to go through. This works for the lottery system of the forge but not the crafting aspect. This is why I’m suggesting a “new” way the forge works. A way already in the game and could be transferred over easily. What is it you ask? The crafting system. Have a discovery tab that works exactly like the way the forge works, where you can throw in 4 rares or whatever and a recipe page which allows for mass production.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

This has been suggested several times and I too would not mind seeing it. It is just a matter of where on the priority list it is or even if it is on the priority list.

Hooglese.4860

yeah, I mean its not super high on mine. For mine it’s the bug list on rev stuff but it would be nice

PvP
Mesmer – hoogelz

Posted by: Sinope.5630

Sinope.5630

Good idea, but…. There is always, but…

Mystic Forge genie Zommoros, is not factory worker. He is looking at you, if he likes how you look, he will give nice loot. Otherwise if he don’t like how you look, he throw only bones to you.

I bet Zommoros would break out from his prison and fly back to the Elona, if we try to make him factory worker. Then we would not have Mystic Forge anymore to use if Zommoros leaves.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Good idea, but…. There is always, but…

Mystic Forge genie Zommoros, is not factory worker. He is looking at you, if he likes how you look, he will give nice loot. Otherwise if he don’t like how you look, he throw only bones to you.

I bet Zommoros would break out from his prison and fly back to the Elona, if we try to make him factory worker. Then we would not have Mystic Forge anymore to use if Zommoros leaves.

I say we capture another genie/demon and put him in a new mystic forge in LA to give ol’ Zommoros some competition and see if his customer service improves.

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

How dare thy try to modify Lord Zommoros * praise be RNG*

Granted such a change with be a “future” amount of anet time, Im on board for simple upgrades such as lodestones and what not, HOWEVER I am solidly opposed to the rare part.

My reasoning for this is the patches aren’t without bugs ( the coders are human), could you just imagine mass forging and seeing a precursor pop up only to have a bug occur and now that pre just got reforged into some exotic. XD

A pretty good alternative would be allow an option to turn off the drumroll animation

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

honestly though how many mass production recipes do you use?

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

honestly though how many mass production recipes do you use?

Well between the lodestones and amalgamated gemstones it’s already plenty

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

To be frank I wish the mystic forge just connected to your bank like the crafting stations do so you can access everything from one panel for this. Either that or move it closer to the crafting stations. Yeesh.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

I wonder tho how much this would change prices of item like amalgamated gemstones. You can make orbs with 4 double clicks then make the gemstones with 4 more double clicks. That’s a lot of work and I think one reason why it’s more expensive to buy orbs outright or to buy the gemstones outright is because of the work behind making them. It would hopefully just level out rather than all the “base” materials bumping up in price so that there’s very little difference in buying outright versus crafting in the forge.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I wonder tho how much this would change prices of item like amalgamated gemstones. You can make orbs with 4 double clicks then make the gemstones with 4 more double clicks. That’s a lot of work and I think one reason why it’s more expensive to buy orbs outright or to buy the gemstones outright is because of the work behind making them. It would hopefully just level out rather than all the “base” materials bumping up in price so that there’s very little difference in buying outright versus crafting in the forge.

I’d rather they just changed added three recipes: one for 10 AmGems (requiring three stacks of 30 gemstones|comparables) and one for 100 AmGems. That still allows people to craft at their own rate while also allowing people to speed up the rate.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Hooglese.4860

I’d rather they just changed added three recipes: one for 10 AmGems (requiring three stacks of 30 gemstones|comparables) and one for 100 AmGems. That still allows people to craft at their own rate while also allowing people to speed up the rate.

That, right there. Easy to implement and perfect idea. I just don’t want arthritis or macro something just cause I wan’t a use for my cores. Also AmGems, although I don’t make them as much. As for the price change? I could care.

PvP
Mesmer – hoogelz