[Suggestion] New Build System [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: thalos.1385

thalos.1385

Summary (TL;DR)
Implement a new build system with “build slots” where users can define all aspects of a build, equipment (armor, weapons, trinkets), traits and heal/utility skills. These “build slots” can be saved and activated whenever the character is out of combat. When a “build slot” is activated, the game client automatically changes the characters’ equipment, traits and heal/utility skills to those defined in the “build slot”. Equipment in inactive “build slots” don’t take up any inventory space, instead, it’s stored “invisibly” until it’s activated again. The user can move equipment between “build slots” and the inventory whenever he/she wishes as well as reuse the same equipment for different builds.

Introduction
Arenanet’s unique profession design allows most professions to take on different roles by changing equipment, traits and utility skills. The current system for changing builds is arguably better than most competing MMO’s and the changes to the traits system introduced shortly before the Heart of Thorns expansion was a big improvement. However, problems and frustrations still remain with the current system.

The process for changing a build, although easier than ever, still require a considerable amount of manual labour and double checking to make sure a build is configured correctly. To change a build, the user must open the build tab in the hero panel, change up to three trait lines and choose up to nine major traits. In addition, the user might have to switch out a considerable amount of equipment, which might involve a visit to the bank to withdraw the desired equipment, as well as deposit the previously worn equipment. It should be noted that it’s possible to carry equipment in the inventory, thus eliminating a trip to the bank, this however decrease the inventory space available, forcing the user to buy additional inventory space and/or buying larger inventory containers. But, even with an increase in inventory space, more trips to an NPC or bank for clearing the inventory is required when carrying equipment in the inventory. It’s also important to note that if equipment is stored in the inventory, special care must be taken when selling and/or salvaging equipment to avoid accidental selling or destroying of equipment used in other builds. Finally, the user must change the healing- and/or utility skills on the character. For users switching between different kinds of content often, these steps could easily become tedious as it might be required several times during a gaming session.

I propose a change where not only the outlined problems are solved but also where Arenanet’s desire for build diversity and experimentation are more easily accessible and feasible. Additionally, my suggestion opens up for a potential increase in monetary revenue for the company. Below, I begin by offering my suggestion in detail, after which I exemplify my idea with an example of implementation for completeness.

The Suggestion (Build slots)
I suggest a completely new system for “building” a character which allows the user to define All aspects of a desired build in one central place as well as the ability to name and save the complete build for later use. I suggest that, for each character, there exist several unique “build slots” which allows the user to create a complete build, containing trait configuration, equipment (armor, weapons, trinkets) and heal/utility skills. These builds can be saved and at a later time, activated as the “current build”. A user could, for example create three different builds named: “raid”, “wvw” and “fractals”. Depending on the type of content the user want’s to experience, the appropriate build is activated. When a build is activated, the game client automatically switch out the traits to those defined in the selected build, the game client also automatically unequips the current equipment, stores it in an invisible container and then equips the equipment associated with the selected build. Since new weapons (might) be equipped in the switch, the weapon bars change automatically. The healing/utility skills are also automatically changed to correspond to the healing/utility skills defined in the selected build.

As briefly mentioned in the previous paragraph, I strongly suggest that the game be expanded with “hidden” containers for any and all equipment (armor, weapons, trinkets) defined in each “build slot”. Once equipment is placed in a “build slot”, regardless whether it’s active or not, it will not take up any inventory space until it’s placed in the inventory again. Neither is equipment in “build slots” available to salvaging or selling. Understandably, the concept of allowing users to carry equipment without inventory penalty might sound provocative at first glance. I however think that “build slots” with hidden containers will greatly enhance the user experience, both in terms of using multiple builds (due to the problems with storing equipment), as well as an overall positive attitude towards the game and Arenanet as a whole. It’s also a fairly logical step and a large piece of the puzzle in creating an all-encompassing build system. There is also a potential for monetary gains which could help push this idea over top and lay any potential controversy to rest. In the following paragraph, I outline this in further detail.

Since these changes are fairly technical and will probably require a larger refactoring of the current system, it will come with a one-time development cost. It should be possible to finance the refactoring, as well as increase revenue, by introducing the ability to add additional “build slots” as a purchasable unlock in the gem store. The “build slots” unlocks could be character bound as well, meaning that each user must unlock “build slots” on a per character basis, much like how the current gem store “inventory unlock” works. The number of “build slots” a character starts with could also be fairly low. By adding additional “build slots” to the gem store, any potential penalty today’s user faces for unlocking inventory space will be transfered to “build slots”. Finally, I would argue that Arenanet is already an industry leader in MMO innovation, the time is right to take the last few steps in perfecting and hopefully standardizing the way character choice and diversity is presented to users in MMO’s. With this rationale, I submit that there are no non-technical reasons for not allowing invisible “build slot” containers.

Additional suggestions & notes

• When the user is in combat, the ability to switch build is disabled.
  • It’s worth noting that individual pieces of equipment should be usable in multiple builds so a user can reuse equipment. In my “Example of implementation” section, I provide a solution for how this could be implemented from a UI perspective.
  • This suggestion, in it’s entirety, doesn’t affect PVP.
  • A “build slot” could be “tagged” as a WvW build, making it the default build that is automatically activated as soon as a character enters any WvW instance map. This “tagging” feature should however be made into an option available on all “build slots” but only usable on one at a time, i.e. there should not be a specific “wvw build slot”. See the “example of implementation” section for further details.
  • If Arenanet feels that users should not be able to easily change build while in WvW, the ability to change build could be made to only work in the starting/safe zone. There should however Not be any restrictions to the functionality or limitation of build slots in WvW. The same argument of unlimited use of “build slots” also should be valid for all other content.
  • It’s important not to set a potential Maximum number of possible “build slots” per character too low since a lot of variety might occur when this system is introduced. The system should be able to handle at least 10 build slots per character.

Example of implementation

• In the hero panel, in the equipment tab, add a submenu called “traits” which allows the user to choose traits (much like the current “build tab” but don’t include the weapon overview).
  • Create a submenu for choosing healing and utility skills in the equipment tab.
  • Remove the build tab in the hero panel.
  • Add a static area at the top of the Equipment tab, which is visible regardless of what submenu (Equipment, Wardrobe, Dyes, Outfits, Miniatures, Finishers, Mail Carriers, traits, Skills) the user has chosen.

In the static area:

1. Add a dropdown menu containing all “build slots”
  2. Add a button for saving the currently chosen build slot (the button is unfocused/“greyed out” and can’t be clicked if no changes has been made in any of the submenus)
  3. When the user clicks the save button, the current build including equipment, traits and skills are associated with the build.
  4. If a user has successfully bought a new “build slot” in the gem store, a new item in the dropdown box is added with a default name e.g “New slot”.
  5. Add a “rename” button which, if clicked opens a popup box which prompts the user for a new name for the selected “Build slot”. Upon clicking “Ok”, the name of the current “build slot” changes in the dropdown box
  6. Add a checkbox “Default WvW build”. If it is checked, the current build is “tagged” as the default WvW build and is thus automatically loaded when the user enters any WvW zone. Only one build can be “tagged” as the default WvW build and thus, if another build is already tagged when the user clicks the checkbox, the current build becomes the new “Default WvW build”.
  7. A “copy” button could be added which, if pressed, presents the user with a popup box with a list of all builds, when the user chooses a build from the list, that build is copied to the currently selected build. This allows easy access to tweaking and testing build variation.
  8. A “clear” button could be added which, if pressed, clears all selections of the current build. Note that all equipment that is cleared and not belonging to any other build might need to be returned to the user’s inventory.
  • When a user is to define equipment used in a “build slot”, the user is presented with a UI much like the current “wardrobe” system. When the user clicks on, for example the head/helmet slot all the useable helmets in the user’s inventory, as well as helmets already in the invisible containers are displayed on the side (where “skins” are shown in the “wardrobe”). Note that this solves the problem of accessing equipment already defined in other build slots (unless access to the “invisible container” is added).
  • Outfits should be included in build slots.
  • Dye coloring should be included in build slots so the current dye patterns changes as builds are activated, this could be problematic depending on how dye’s are implemented and might be overlooked if it’s too demanding.
  • Even though it’s not necessary, a build could contain: minis, finishers and mail carriers. These features could also be moved to a separate tab if it’s more convenient.
  • Wardrobe could be placed in a separate tab or kept in the new build system but will function as it does today.
  • When out of combat, if a user clicks on a build different from the one already active, the newly selected build becomes active and the game will satisfy all conditions in the builds, in other words, the equipment worn by the user will be changed and all the traits and skills will be changed. The weapon bar will reset to the new weapons equipped.
  • When in combat, all functionality related to build slots is disabled.
  • Since equipment can be reused in different builds, the problem of moving equipment from the a “build slot” to the inventory (while the same equipment is used in another “build slot” has to be solved.

Ideas for moving equipment used in multiple “build slots”

1. The user could be prevented from moving equipment from a “build slot” to the inventory as long as it’s used in more than one “build slot”
  2. When equipment that is used in more than one “build slot” is moved to the inventory a warning message could be posed on screen and/or in the chat window notifying the users that some builds are now defunct.
  3. A defunct “build slot” could be made unequippable (a red exclamation mark could be added to the “build slot” to indicate that some action needs to be taken).

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

that would be great
I wouldn’t have to carry 3+ sets of gear around and make 500 clicks to swap builds

Posted by: Fazz Um.1537

Fazz Um.1537

Fully agree!

The execution of the specs seem to be well thought through.
The current 100% split in traits between pve, wvw and pvp is not enough and it doesn’t include your gear.

GW1 had a build save and -load system, but I can’t remember how that affected your armor and weapon.
The current professions and roles to take ingame desperately call for something like what Thalos is suggesting.

If this is accepted and implemented any account should have at least 2 of these builds slots per character off the bat. Buying additional ones in the gem store is more than fair.

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

I’m on board for this.

Posted by: OtakuModeEngage.8679

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Can I up-vote this 20 times? This would be so helpful. No one has room to carry 5 different armor sets in their inventory and still be able to collect loot. This would increase ease of play to a whole new level, and allow us to just jump in and play the game, instead of having to reconfigure it every time we change content

Posted by: Deleena.3406

Deleena.3406

Fully agree!

GW1 had a build save and -load system, but I can’t remember how that affected your armor and weapon.
The current professions and roles to take ingame desperately call for something like what Thalos is suggesting.

I recall only PvP chars could save armor and weapons in GW1

i agree it would be nice to have a build saving feature (especially when we get more elite specs)

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

This is an area that has always frustrated me in GW2. I would be ok even if we went back to gw1 skill type of system. Place skill points into desired stat attribute with save template feature. Skill points could take the place of multiple armor in your inventory by just having default stats tied to it and use skill points to flesh out a build.

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

if Anet are looking for good ideas that they can sell on the store, a ‘Build Manager’ is a very good one imo.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Build templates sounds like a long overdue idea.

Posted by: moony.5780

moony.5780

sounds so cool

Posted by: AstralDusk.1670

AstralDusk.1670

Yes please. At least once per play session, I lament on not being able to save my trait layout.

Posted by: HitokiriGuich.5249

HitokiriGuich.5249

Hello,

Now with Raids, new Fotms, old dungeons backing in the to-do lists its very normal you change your build for what you want to do , like if you running Raids you use a X build , if you running dungeons an Y build

So like in gw1 it will be nice if we can store the builds , and swap it in a fast way , like you save your builds , and just click a button and all traits are changed , it’s a simple thing to do and will help alot

Thanks all

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

Sometimes it can get a bit annoying when you have to rush to change your build, knowing that anytime, some random missile might hit you and you are locked in a kitten build you were trying to complete. There might be some balance issues with it, let’s discuss it, but please don’t dismiss this idea altogether. For instance, in WvW, maybe add a cooldown for when you can change builds again. In PvP and PvE, there might not be a cooldown at all, or maybe in dungeons there’s a slight cooldown.

Attachments:

Anvil Rockers Unite!

Posted by: Boss Nomad.6487

Boss Nomad.6487

This has been suggested before.
[Suggestion] New Build System

Posted by: Boss Nomad.6487

Boss Nomad.6487

This has been suggested before.
[Suggestion] New Build System

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

jesus crist whats with you people. I come here and i see 3 posts about this topic on the “front” page"!?

Posted by: Claudia De Anar.6304

Claudia De Anar.6304

because its needed. ++The OP

Claudia de Anar: An Equal Oppertunity Massacre.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

At the very least, the UI should remember your selected traits when you’re swapping lines around. That’s a major annoyance.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They’re working on it but WvW will be first to get it.

Edit: Tried to find a link to the source where I read it but couldn’t. Perhaps someone else remembers seeing it?

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

They’re working on it but WvW will be first to get it.

Edit: Tried to find a link to the source where I read it but couldn’t. Perhaps someone else remembers seeing it?

It was in the recent AMA.

Q: “I am also interested in knowing if you are planning to add build templates”
A: “Starting with this release, the WvW team is switching over to live development, shipping frequently, beta-testing on the live servers, and asking the community to prioritize development. The WvW team will be at the forefront of this. If it goes well for WvW, we’ll consider it for PvP too. I bring this up because development of build templates would happen on one of those two teams. So I expect that you, collectively, will be in control of when that becomes a priority.”

Source: Dulfy

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Ayrilana.1396

Ah thanks. I must have missed it when I skimmed over her notes.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

So they aren’t even “considering” it for PvE?

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Ayrilana.1396

So they aren’t even “considering” it for PvE?

They are. It’s just that WvW will get it first.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

It was in the recent AMA.

Q: “I am also interested in knowing if you are planning to add build templates”
A: "Starting with this release, the WvW team is switching over to live development, shipping frequently, beta-testing on the live servers, and asking the community to prioritize development.

Wait.. what?! They want us to do their development for them? O_o

Posted by: Emosewa.9731

Emosewa.9731

Hey all,

I’m sure this must have been brought up at some point, but searching for “saved specs” and “saved builds” is not bringing up much. I’m wondering if anyone knows if this has been discussed and what sort of response there has been from development?

It seems it would be easy since our builds are saved for sPvP and for WvW even if we change them outside of those areas. It would be a great thing to have…even if it were a gem store purchase. I’m an old fart, and remembering what my spec for that other build I liked is a pain…would be wonderful to just have to click a button to switch from my condi to my zerker or to heals or whatever.

Just curious…thanks!

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It’s been discussed weekly for maybe two years now. The only known response is that it is something they feel would be useful to the game, but (at the time) was not in development.

It is a highly requested feature, but I imagine the complex logistics of coding in such a system is probably quite intricate to mesh with the current systems. You have to remember, it would need to take into account armours, sigils, weapons, traits, skills, the wardrobe, inventories and work in all 3 game modes. I can’t imagine the complications involved adding that in at this stage of the game’s life.

Hopefully one day…

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Pleaseeeeeeee can we have one?

I have to say, the spring update definitely made the UI feel completed and not like a disgusting mess (i’m looking at you old LFG).

At this point my biggest wish is for a build UI saver like the GW1 one. Even better would be if it could save equipment loadouts too, but at the very least a trait template saver would be great!

Posted by: Rowan Darkedge.1056

Rowan Darkedge.1056

So I’ve been playing GW2 since its first beta, and to date it remains the strongest MMO I’ve played. It’s very fluid and all its bits and pieces work well together, but there’s one area that I feel it’s always been weak on: build switching.

I gave the forums a cursory glance and couldn’t find anything on this subject, so I figured I’d bring it up (feel free to redirect me in the event I missed a topic and it has been discussed before). In both PvE and WvW, I find it’s very common to encounter situations where one instance of combat in which one build excels is quickly followed by another in which it does not perform as well as another may. What if between combat instances it were possible to have a quick-switch of builds, similar to weapon switching? Clearly this should not be possible mid-combat, so this could only be done while out of combat for upwards of 10 seconds. This will allow individual players to adapt themselves to more situations as they enter combat or transition into another combat instance without requiring the 30+ seconds to minutes required to fine-tune the build.

This could also add a stochastic factor into the game, particularly in WvW – teams can organize themselves to run multiple build sets which completely change each individual’s role in the larger unit. Imagine your team running into another in WvW and dying, then you come back with a team build that (you believe) would counter theirs, only to realize that your strategy isn’t a viable one any more. This adds another layer of unpredictability that either side can utilize to gain an advantage.

Build swapping has always been something I was surprised GW2 didn’t have, since one of the core advantages of GW2 is how much playstyle flexibility their trait system brought to the table. These trait loadouts and the ability to switch builds between combat would play very well into this advantage.

Ayrilana.1396

They mentioned in one of the AMA’s that they plan to roll this out to WvW first and then to PvP. I’m pretty sure that PvE would be a part of that even though they didn’t specifically call it out.

Posted by: themillwater.5846

themillwater.5846

I really really hope that they do this.

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

I would love this. I was just thinking about something similar the other day. I’d love to be able to switch out my entire build along with weapons. Your idea goes even further and I think better though so I hope it gets implemented.

Einlanzer.1627

I agree that GW2 is overall the best MMO on the market, but I think there’s more wrong with the build/training system than just the lack of ability to switch builds out and save templates. I would redesign it from scratch if I could (I honestly still think it was much better before the massive revamp they did last year).

But, yes, this is very badly needed.

Posted by: Peenz.2396

Peenz.2396

Why is there no way to save customized builds so that you can easily change from one to another? (similar to classes in COD or other games…) Its very annoying to have to go through all the traits to change your build when you decide to raid, and then just got PvE, etc.

I think that GW2 should allow each player to have 3 preset/customizable builds, and that slots for additional builds could be purchased on the GEM store.

I’m sure this could be easily rolled out in the next update…

Posted by: Glox.5942

Glox.5942

Well if it was that easy as you liked to think, then it would have been done years ago, since it’s been a wish from alot of players since launch.

Don’t just asume something are easy programming wise, just beacuse it sounds easy.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It is a massive undertaking to link armours, weapons, traits, wardrobes, runes, sigils, the ui, inventory and other necs systems to make rhis work a ross all game modes. Plus there is ongoing debate what it should or should not include.

It is highly desired and the devs have expressed interest, but it is not a quick and easy addition. I do think it needs priority though as a feature

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you were not aware, there is already 3 different trait-save features; one for PvE, one for PvP, one for WvW.

Good luck.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Wasn’t it mentioned in one of the recent AMA’s that build templates were something they were looking into? And that they would first come for WvW, and then (depend on how things went) make their way into PvP?

Since we know they are working on large-ish overhauls for WvW, I suppose we could potentially (maybe) see the first implementation of templates by the end of the year. (Don’t hold your breath though)

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Well if it was that easy as you liked to think, then it would have been done years ago, since it’s been a wish from alot of players since launch.

Don’t just asume something are easy programming wise, just beacuse it sounds easy.

We know that saving the build is easy, since there are many websites that do it using just a URL. What’s difficult is:

• Loading the build: does it include prefixes (e.g. zerker’s) and suffixes (sigils/runes) and slotted weapons?
  • Presenting the build (the build websites use a variety of interfaces and users have preferences, although everyone also has complaints about each).

For the first complication, there are economic (and account vault) ramifications of switching builds.

That said, I’d rather they simplify the question into:

• What’s the fastest way we can get people to save just the traits & slotted skills, in a comfortable interface?
  • Let’s save for later the problem of inventing a true build ‘wardrobe’
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Einlanzer.1627

We know that saving the build is easy, since there are many websites that do it using just a URL. What’s difficult is:

• Loading the build: does it include prefixes (e.g. zerker’s) and suffixes (sigils/runes) and slotted weapons?
  • Presenting the build (the build websites use a variety of interfaces and users have preferences, although everyone also has complaints about each).

For the first complication, there are economic (and account vault) ramifications of switching builds.

That said, I’d rather they simplify the question into:

• What’s the fastest way we can get people to save just the traits & slotted skills, in a comfortable interface?
  • Let’s save for later the problem of inventing a true build ‘wardrobe’

This. The lack of ability to simply save traits so that they don’t reset every time you change your line is by far a more pressing problem in need of resolution than the fact that we don’t have a fully developed build template system. Considering the difference in scope involved – priorities.

Posted by: Dvious.8126

Dvious.8126

We have one separate trait build page for pve and spvp under our hero tab. Any chance we could get two or three more build tabs so we can save multiple builds? Especially since most professions can fill multiple roles?

just to name a few that I can think of
DPS usually follows one of these themes or a combination of
Direct DPS/power
Condition DPS
Range DPS
Melee DPS

Support
Boons/Condi Remove

Heal

Being able to switch your build out on the fly while out of combat with the click of a button would streamline the whole process. On the same thought would be one or two more tabs for equipment to go along with the change in build.

I’d rather be playing the game than writing this post.

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

GW1 had build templates you could use to quickly switch builds/attribute setups at will and you could share them between friends and save them on your PC. I would love this functionality to be brought over and I’m not sure why it isn’t. It would be heaven to be able to switch trait setups on the fly (out of combat of course)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I cannot for the life of me understand why ANet hasn’t implemented build templates. We know it’s easy enough to save builds, since plenty of stand-alone websites do this. In theory, it should be relatively simple to load the traits & skills, since the game already does that when we swap game modes.

(Plus, they need to support separate underwater builds for PvE and WvW, since all sorts of traits have no value when you go below the surface.)

For some reason, this simple QoL feature has never made it to the top of their priority lists. Or perhaps the ‘perfect’ keeps getting in the way of the “helpful.”

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Dvious.8126

Dvious.8126

being able to save gearsets for the alternate builds would be huge as well but not nearly as important as being able to save and change your trait build at the push of a button.

I’d rather be playing the game than writing this post.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

They have been saying for a long time that they are working on it. It seems to be a bigger issue to implement than they thought it would so it is taking more time to do.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I would love to have different builds available to switch to. Underwater vs land. Different weapons. WvW vs PvE. All should have their own builds. This game is so rigid you can’t even switch out to another set of weapons and easily swap your traits to match.

I remember way back before the betas a blog saying there wouldn’t be build templates for saving builds. iirc the reason given back then was that they wanted people to be attached to their builds because it was part of their character. I remember it because I had all those builds I had saved from people pinging them in chat and it sounded so odd that they would make a game and only have one build per char and no way to save them.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Honestly, that’s a mastry i’d happily put points in to, if it came with inventory for gear saved for the builds.

Remember those, I think belt pouches in GW1 that could only hold customized equipment? Something like that. 5 ranks, each one adds a build tab on the hero screen with all your equipment. Hotkeys to toggle them when out of combat. Maybe the last rank also lets you repair gear in unused tabs by gaining XP or grants a skin set unlock or something like that.

This way you’d actually get a benefit that didn’t directly compete with bag space, and a QoL boost similar to autolooting (still the best mastry) with similar mastry requirements to keep it from being too heavily abused by botters?

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ